November 21, 2014 | 1924 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Verve-Acious

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by pixiepfanz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I got this product in a swap and I adore it from first swatch! I love the chunky glitter and the shimmery highlight effect the powder gives my cheek bones :) I will say that this is not for those of you that do not like tons of glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by farahana

I was recommend by MAC SA, for highlighting you feature and to make your complexion glow you can use Iridiscent powder... At first I was introduced to the regular version which only have Belightful. However... when the time comes that I want to buy one, I was introduce to this Fafi version, Verve-acious. I love the shades... it is much more brownish and yellowish and suit my skin tone better than Belightful.
I love this product, using brush, I buff it on my cheek bones, dragging it to my apple of the cheek... I also put it on the bridge of my nose and if pump up th 'glowing' I also put on my chin and fore head... result, a well define face structure.
However, if you have acne prone skin like mine with acne scars, make sure you cover all that blemish first well and then buffing this powder will be smooth... I just love how it turn out in picture, I was glowing...
for day, probably minimise the application (cheekbones and nose bridge would be enough) since it can make as if you are sweating.
I still have a lot of this after almost a year... I don't think I will repurchase since it is the limited edition. Probably I'm going to get the Mineralize Skinfinish next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this in a swap, and was expecting to hate it.
I am not overly enthused about chunky glitter, but to me, this is somehow "tactful" glitter. The kind you would wear out to a concert, or another event when you want to feel cute, and get noticed.
It is so smooth, like liquid powder, and the glitter isn't all that chunky. It is a gorgeous shimmering light beige, with amazing highlight power. The glitter is noticeable, but not outrageous, just little gold sparkles that enhance the glow.
I love the Fafi compact, but even in regular packaging this is still a nice product.
I would repurchase, but since I only use it for special occasions I don't think I'll ever run out.
I recommend you at least try it : )

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wish this hadn't just been a limited edition. This was a fabulous beauty powder. It made my pale skin glow without giving it that "dirty" look that bronzers or highlighting powders can give to fair skin.

Loved, but it broke all over my bathroom floor a few weeks ago, and is no more :(

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

the mac fafi collection didn't really stand out to me, the only thing i think really caught my eye was the iridescent powders. the packaging isn't bad either. yes the packaging has stickers on it but i dont touch it nonstop for it to peel anyway so its not a big deal. but! onto the product review. its like a peachy color with alot of golden shimmer so if you dont like shimmer i wouldn't recommend you to get this product. it makes my cheeks glowy and also i love the shimmer. and the shimmer isn't so obnoxious either. i always get compliments on this when i wear it from my friends.. however the only thing that i could complain about this product is that it does look caked on easily if you dont apply it right. if only it were less thin..? i would repurchase again though!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by debllah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i like this a lil better than sassed up
the sparkles are not OTT and its pretty over blush i still would not buy it again since i like the MSF skinfinishes better
but i do not regrett buying this with the Fafi collection

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Aline7

I bought this and returned.

It has too much sparkle for my liking. I mean if you like sparkles get this. IMO it is more sparkles then color, as the color pay off is light.

Also, after using it twice, the powder got a bit clumpy looking and not smooth anymore. I find that if you look in the photo posted above , you can see a bit of that clumpy effect occurring.

The only reason I wanted to keep this was cuz the packaging. The irridescent powder packaging was the greatest as the pakaging was sturdy and the fafinette photo was NOT a sticker but part of the packaging.
Well i didnt keep it cuz i was not willing to spend 25 dollars canadian just for packaging.