September 22, 2014 | 1704 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 6:26:00 AM More reviews by PinkPuma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is ok. It's more of a BB cream, in my opinion. The color is a bit frightening at first, but it blends in. It's affordable, so it's worth trying. I prefer L'Oreal magic perfecting base. But if you have decent skin and on a budget then give this one a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by luvdempretties

This is my favourite primer by far. I wear it every day & it has not failed me. I have used MAC, Napoleon & many other brands but this Rimmel wonder is far superior. With other brands I had issues with breakouts. I love the slight peach tint, it gives a great base to work with. This product is also very affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Shammxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I want to start by saying that I have always had HORRID skin. I have had eczema since I was 4 months old and I'm also blessed with a moderate amount of acne as of a few years ago. About 2 years ago my eczema started flaring up on my face and nothing was helping it. Acne formed on top of that and so when it all cleared up I was left with scarring. This past summer my acne came back and I couldn't cover it up for the life of me...
Then I found this primer. I was skeptical because it's so inexpensive and my skin is terribly sensitive, but I was at the end of my rope to I gave it a chance. It did not irritate my skin at all! Nor does it break me out in pimples. This is coming from someone who can't even use regular Chapstick. It makes it smooth and my make-up looks so much better because of it.
This stuff gives a little bit of coverage which is an excellent base to start with. It does have an orange tinge but if you rub it in it shouldn't make a difference. I would say that this primer is better for people with darker skin tones. It also gives my foundations excellent staying power.
The only things that I don't like include how you couldn't see the color through the bottle and that it's a bit oily. Would not recommend for someone with oily skin.

In summation:
Pros: inexpensive, minimal coverage, lightweight, doesn't irritate/break out my skin, goes on smoothly, and gives makeup staying power.
Cons: bad packaging and a little oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasnt a huge fan of this. Of the two primers in the 'Fix and Perfect' line Rimmel has, I liked this one least. It is tinted, and it's not that dark, but it is dark enough to that it is darker than my skin and changes the color of my skin slightly. I found this primer to be pretty liquidy, and I like thicker primers. It wasn't terrible, I just felt like it didn't do much for my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

I like how this softly evens out my complexion. It is not makeup so don't expect much coverage from this as it is not its purpose. I wish it controlled my oil but it does make my skin look nice. So far out of ALL the primers I have used this is by far my favorite with Revlon in second. I do not use primers on a regular basis because I find them just an extra useless step in my routine. If they truly controlled oil then I would use one everyday but I have seen none that have yet to do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by allegoriest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

UPDATE TIME!

After watching a video on youtube that used this product I realized I was using this wrong, I had been trying to put on way too much. You really only need a teeny tiny bit, and when spread out it doesn't look orange. I put this under the L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation, and could not see it, and it helped prevent the foundation from getting dry/cakey around the base of my nose. I wouldn't recommend using this primer with powder foundation, as it stuck to it weirdly, but when used with a liquid foundation and applied very very sparingly it is okay. I would probably still not buy it again (I liked the feel of the clear gel one better, and the color of this one is kind of alarming) but I'm going to keep this after all.

---
Original review:
Arrrrgh. At Ulta I was getting tired and accidentally grabbed this instead of the clear gel primer I had tested (002, I think) -- the packages look almost the same except one is blue and one is purple. Anyway... I tried it.... it doesn't really do anything except make my skin orange. No noticeable difference in pores or smoothness. I usually use powder foundation (in a lighter shade than this) and the orange just makes it stand out and look cakey.. Do Not Want.

The packaging is fine but I wish you could see what color was in the tube.

I wouldn't buy it again, in fact I'm planning on returning it. :|

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:54:00 AM More reviews by kathrynwatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this primer works for people with dry skin. I have read reviews about people having their foundation slipping of their faces with this primer underneath. This has never happened to me (and my dry 33 year old skin!). It literally keeps my Tru Match foundation on all day. The orange tint that ppl complain about is actually a bonus for me. You can't notice the orange, but the tint almost works as a color corrector for me (evening out skin tone, minimising redness etc). Absolutely minimises pores too. Oh and makes my skin feel so smooth.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

This primer is cheap and really doesn't do much. it also makes my skin look dark. its really nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by desiw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not much of a Rimmel fan to begin with and this certainly did not alter my opinion one bite.
Simply did nothing for my combo skin. For the price it was worth a shot. Not for me

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by jasminder3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is relatively cheap, so it doesn't hurt to give it a try. However, the orange color might have an effect on some people's foundation, although the orange-y hints usually fade. The worst part for me was that I already have oily skin, but yet my face would turn into a horrible oil slick about 2 hours into using this product. Also at first application my face would be itchy, as though the primer irritated by skin.