July 29, 2014 | 1100 users online

Palettes - TheBalm - BalmVoyage Eye Kit

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for 1/2 price. It's really not a whole lot of product. The box for this product is small but bulky. It sits a little high and seems like a waste of packaging. It's adorable, don't get me wrong. But only one of these items really worked for me. Luscious Lani eyeshadow made a pretty wash of cool champagne color. Caught in the Act Courtney is a beautiful-in-the-pan chocolate brown with gold shimmer. But it applied muddy on me and faded very fast, even with primer. It literally faded off in half an hour on one eye and the gold disappeared on application. Hot Mama blush is exactly like Milani Luminous blush, which means it's too pale and only shows as gold shimmer on me. So cool-toned fair-skinned gals might get better use of this palette than me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Kammers10

Very pretty neutral brown tones, not the best for me (NW 23) but ok, nice texture, decent amount of product, but the cardboard packaging would NOT be a good idea for literally a bon voyage-vacation. Get it wet? Forget it. Anyone with neutral skin tones, or looking for neutral eyeshadow colors this is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by lipglassaddict

I have never bought a palette before, but I was drawn to this one. I use it every day, I am in love with the shades! Caught in the Act Courtney is my HG eyeshadow. I have every brown/black MAC e/s under the sun, and have never loved any of them as much as the brown in this kit. Interesting small flecks of different colors(hard for me to describe), very rich chocolately brown. Most deep browns end up looking chalky, muddy, boring, gray, or red, or something that just doesn't give the look I've been wanting. This e/s is perfect. Doesn't wash me out, has just enough of a shimmery/reflective quality so it doesn't appear flat and dull. I actually use it over black or dark brown liner to give it a little kick. No over the top shimmer or glitter so I can wear in the daytime. LOVE!
I was also dying to try the Hot Mama blush I have been hearing raves about. I was skeptical, but I also love this so much, it may replace my beloved NARS Orgasm. The shade is so pretty(nice peachy/pink tone, but no hint of orange on me!) and the texture is very silky. As Rileyemma said below, Hot Mama looks great on cheeks and eyes! I haven't used the Luscious Lani e/s yet, but I can see it being used as a pretty neutral. Cute packaging, but I could care less about that. Aesome way to try these shades. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 3:41:00 PM More reviews by rileyemma

I love all of these colors and plan to try many more products in this line. I think that the dark brown shadow (golden flecks) works wonderfully as a liner. The peachy color looks great on eyes and cheeks. You can't beat this for the price and the products seem to be tope notch. The pigmentation is excellent!!! I can't wait to try more product from theBalm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by flossfairy

This little tiny palette is way more fun that some of my more elaborate and comprehensive palettes.

It consists of an eyeshadows, Lucious Lani, a shadow/liner, Caught in the Act Courtney, and TheBalm's all-over highlighter, Hot Mama.

The beautiful, sparkly, rich, deep brown, Caught in the Act Courtney is what initially grabbed me while I was browsing Sephora. It has reddish undertones and hefty amount of light-reflecting gold shimmer. It's smoother than a lot of deep, sparkly shades I've tried.

Lucious Lani is a lovely icy, champagne pink. Very soft and blendable.

Hot Mama is gorgeous. All the Hot Mama love on MUA is not without good reason. It's just simply the most gorgeous peachy pink with an iridescent gold glow. Awesome on lids or cheeks. I actually ended up ordering the full sized version.

The little cardboard, mirrored, magnetized compact is adorable. It's covered in vintage travel-themed art and wallpaper print.

It comes with a cute, gimmicky luggage tag as well.

Overall, it makes for a nice, useful cheap thrill.