John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

on 7/15/2015 11:34:00 AM

Made my hair greasy

on 5/9/2015 11:51:00 PM

It's rare that I love a product so much that I run out and repurchase it, but that's exactly what I did when I used up my first bottle of this serum. My hair is fine, (but I have a lot of it), slightly wavy, and tends to get a bit dry and frizzy. This was perfect for my hair to tame those frizzy fly-aways. I would use a a couple of drops, rub my palms together, and lightly run them over the surface of my hair. Perfection! I guess this product is really a YMMV, but for me, I love it. I'll continue to repurchase until something better comes along.

on 5/9/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

After reading positive reviews on this product I figured I should try it out. Previously I was using a serum from albane and that did wonders to my hair. After finishing that bottle I figured I should try John Frieda and it did absolutely nothing for my curly, dry hair. It made it unmanageable. So I'm highly disappointed that a serum a fraction of the price could do the job. Would definitely not recommend the product.

on 2/12/2015 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. It makes my hair shiny, bouncy, and tames frizz. I don't believe you supposed to use this on dry hair (I would never). I use this on wet hair only. I have rebought this so many times.

on 2/9/2015 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have dry, alittle frizzy hair. This does not work for me. Did not like the texture. Its pretty disappointing because i've used cheaper drugstore hair serum that are great.

on 12/30/2014 2:17:00 PM

I have a lot a fly aways and typically wear my hair in a pony tail. This product, if mixed properly, is great with keeping my hair un-frizzed. It's lightweight and doesn't wear my hair down. It's also non-sticky. A little bit goes a long way. I also find that it doesn't work very well on dry hair, so you will need to wet the areas where you want to apply the product and you'll be good to go.

on 12/26/2014 7:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This does nothing for my hair. I have tried using it in different amounts with the only change being greasy hair when I have used too much. It doesn't make my hair look any glossier or healthier and I don't find ithat it tames my stray frizz stands at all and if anything, they slightly increase when I use this.

I can't see myself ever finishing it let alone repurchasing it :/
At least I didn't waste too much on it.

on 11/12/2014 10:14:00 AM

I do love this, I have the maximum strength one but I couldn't find it on this so I am posting my review here. I have very thick hair that tends to frizz so I bought this after trying many different serums with no luck, thankfully it does work, your supposed to use 1 or 2 pumps but I usually use 4 or 5 to get my hair silky, just don't put it on the roots.

on 9/12/2014 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I have used this for years, on and off. Since I'm growing out my hair and it's crazy thick and coarse, I'm starting to use this daily. I despise hair conditioner, so when I need to smooth my hair, I use either this or J&J No More Tangles (which is great but doesn't smooth as well as Frizz-Ease). My reason for giving the packaging only one lippy is this -- the new packaging stinks. In a day when companies are (or should be) more concerned with the environment and recycling and waste, Frieda repackages the product in larger packaging -- a "bottle in a bottle," if you will. It's the same amount of product -- 1.69 ounces, but the new packaging is at least twice as large/bulky as the original. The original is a compact bottle with a pump and that's all it needs. The new packaging is a clear red tube which contains the serum, and the red tube is inside a larger clear bottle with a pump. The original bottle is just shy of 4.5" tall; the new bottle is 6.5" tall -- yet you're still getting the same amount of product. I do not remember the exact price I paid for the original bottle of product (I think under $5 dollars a year or so ago), but I paid just under $12 two days ago for the new product. Please... we're smart enough to know that putting the serum in a tube in a bottle doesn't mean it's an extra-special miracle product. And about recycling -- the old bottle has a recycling emblem (triangle) on the bottom -- the new one -- nothing. I couldn't find a recycling symbol anywhere on the bottle. Very disappointed with this new packaging.

One of the best hair serums that I have tried that tames the frizz without weighing down my hair.

Top Rated John Frieda Products