December 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by LeahBBB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this, I have the maximum strength one but I couldn't find it on this so I am posting my review here. I have very thick hair that tends to frizz so I bought this after trying many different serums with no luck, thankfully it does work, your supposed to use 1 or 2 pumps but I usually use 4 or 5 to get my hair silky, just don't put it on the roots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years, on and off. Since I'm growing out my hair and it's crazy thick and coarse, I'm starting to use this daily. I despise hair conditioner, so when I need to smooth my hair, I use either this or J&J No More Tangles (which is great but doesn't smooth as well as Frizz-Ease). My reason for giving the packaging only one lippy is this -- the new packaging stinks. In a day when companies are (or should be) more concerned with the environment and recycling and waste, Frieda repackages the product in larger packaging -- a "bottle in a bottle," if you will. It's the same amount of product -- 1.69 ounces, but the new packaging is at least twice as large/bulky as the original. The original is a compact bottle with a pump and that's all it needs. The new packaging is a clear red tube which contains the serum, and the red tube is inside a larger clear bottle with a pump. The original bottle is just shy of 4.5" tall; the new bottle is 6.5" tall -- yet you're still getting the same amount of product. I do not remember the exact price I paid for the original bottle of product (I think under $5 dollars a year or so ago), but I paid just under $12 two days ago for the new product. Please... we're smart enough to know that putting the serum in a tube in a bottle doesn't mean it's an extra-special miracle product. And about recycling -- the old bottle has a recycling emblem (triangle) on the bottom -- the new one -- nothing. I couldn't find a recycling symbol anywhere on the bottle. Very disappointed with this new packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by missvioletpurple

One of the best hair serums that I have tried that tames the frizz without weighing down my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this because i have read online that it has won several awards as best frizz serum, but it disappointed me.

pros:
1)the packaging is small, convenient and easy to pump out

cons:
1)full of silicones
2)cant use on dry hair
3)did absolutely nothing for my frizz

would i repurchase? never.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Caitlynmaeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product! My hair is extremely unruly and frizzy and adding this to wet hair before I blow-dry does wonders! It is not conditioning in any way but protects my hair from humidity and keeps it sleek. Great price also. It gives lovely shine and lasts all day.
It has the same taming qualities as good argan/morrocan oils but without the conditioning and healing properties.
On more humid days I run a very small amount through my ends after styling also and it really does help :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Desig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have fine hair that is oily do not go near this product. It is pretty heavy even when you don't use much. It left my hair feeling heavy and gave an oily appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, so this will not repair your hair. If you use it every single time you wash your hair, it will give you split ends or a bit of those breakage dots (silicone). However, once in a while it is a great product. Just to make your hair look healthier and shinier. I use it on soaking wet hair, and let it air dry... Also, if I heat style my hair, makes it look more healthy. I do think it is cheap and worth a try, you can chose from light, medium, heavy, depending on your hair thickness, for my fine hair this medium (original) worked the best. Then again, I only use it once in a while...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried this numerous times and always hoped for a miracle like they show in the ads. I gave this a lot of time to work and used up over half a bottle before giving it to a friend. This product is simply too heavy for my fine hair. I had my hair stylist tell me that. It did straighten when I blow dried it, but I was able to get the same results with a good brush and the right blow drying technique. The frizz did not stay away though and as soon as my hair hit the humidity here in the Gulf, the straightness left and the slight waves came out and it went right back to a frizzy look. I had high expectations for this product since it had been around for at least a generation and was not cheap either! My hairdresser friend is happily using it as it works for her. It did not work for my hair type.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought the occasional Frizz-Ease packets over the last 11 years. I even bought the full-size product a handful of times. However, I have never seen results from this product. Why do I keep repurchasing? Because everyone and their momma recommends it! And they keep coming out with different strengths and versions so I keep hoping that I will finally see what all my friends rave about! But no more, I will not be repurchasing from now on. My hair is very frizzy and it is not noticeably reduced with this product. I see no improvements in my hair at all. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Andrea36MA

I love this! My review is very similar to that I've just read although my hair type is different. I have naturally wavy hair and use straighteners most days which I really want to get away from, but just blow drying my hair left my hair a bit of a frizzy mess! I had some left over frizz ease in travel size that I bought ages ago & thought didn't work so it was just sitting in the drawer & decided to give it a go. After finally reading the directions properly I applied it to my wet hair from about 4 inches down to the ends, then sectioned off my hair and blow dried. The result was just what I wanted! Tame tidy shiny locks not frizzy or flat. I have already bought a new 25ml bottle & it will be my new hair must! No more straightening & damaging my hair. Big thumbs up :)