July 30, 2014 | 1018 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by missvioletpurple

One of the best hair serums that I have tried that tames the frizz without weighing down my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this because i have read online that it has won several awards as best frizz serum, but it disappointed me.

pros:
1)the packaging is small, convenient and easy to pump out

cons:
1)full of silicones
2)cant use on dry hair
3)did absolutely nothing for my frizz

would i repurchase? never.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Caitlynmaeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product! My hair is extremely unruly and frizzy and adding this to wet hair before I blow-dry does wonders! It is not conditioning in any way but protects my hair from humidity and keeps it sleek. Great price also. It gives lovely shine and lasts all day.
It has the same taming qualities as good argan/morrocan oils but without the conditioning and healing properties.
On more humid days I run a very small amount through my ends after styling also and it really does help :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Desig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have fine hair that is oily do not go near this product. It is pretty heavy even when you don't use much. It left my hair feeling heavy and gave an oily appearance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok, so this will not repair your hair. If you use it every single time you wash your hair, it will give you split ends or a bit of those breakage dots (silicone). However, once in a while it is a great product. Just to make your hair look healthier and shinier. I use it on soaking wet hair, and let it air dry... Also, if I heat style my hair, makes it look more healthy. I do think it is cheap and worth a try, you can chose from light, medium, heavy, depending on your hair thickness, for my fine hair this medium (original) worked the best. Then again, I only use it once in a while...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried this numerous times and always hoped for a miracle like they show in the ads. I gave this a lot of time to work and used up over half a bottle before giving it to a friend. This product is simply too heavy for my fine hair. I had my hair stylist tell me that. It did straighten when I blow dried it, but I was able to get the same results with a good brush and the right blow drying technique. The frizz did not stay away though and as soon as my hair hit the humidity here in the Gulf, the straightness left and the slight waves came out and it went right back to a frizzy look. I had high expectations for this product since it had been around for at least a generation and was not cheap either! My hairdresser friend is happily using it as it works for her. It did not work for my hair type.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought the occasional Frizz-Ease packets over the last 11 years. I even bought the full-size product a handful of times. However, I have never seen results from this product. Why do I keep repurchasing? Because everyone and their momma recommends it! And they keep coming out with different strengths and versions so I keep hoping that I will finally see what all my friends rave about! But no more, I will not be repurchasing from now on. My hair is very frizzy and it is not noticeably reduced with this product. I see no improvements in my hair at all. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Andrea36MA

I love this! My review is very similar to that I've just read although my hair type is different. I have naturally wavy hair and use straighteners most days which I really want to get away from, but just blow drying my hair left my hair a bit of a frizzy mess! I had some left over frizz ease in travel size that I bought ages ago & thought didn't work so it was just sitting in the drawer & decided to give it a go. After finally reading the directions properly I applied it to my wet hair from about 4 inches down to the ends, then sectioned off my hair and blow dried. The result was just what I wanted! Tame tidy shiny locks not frizzy or flat. I have already bought a new 25ml bottle & it will be my new hair must! No more straightening & damaging my hair. Big thumbs up :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this and really wanted it to work for me after reading a lot of glowing reviews. This product didn't do anything for my relaxed/transitioning hair. My hair looks no different from when I use this in my hair and when I don't use it. If anything I think it contributes to my hair looking a bit dull after I straighten it. Its a bit thicker in consistency then I thought it would be and weighs my hair down a bit. Most of the time I like a product enough to keep using it until its gone, so I don't waste it. But I'm afraid I'll have to throw this out

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by victoria012345

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Did nothing for my kinky african hair.

My hair is extremely kinky, dry, super frizzy, coily ziggly hair. I have 4C type of hair according to naturally curly's classification.

I applied 4 pumps (although it says only 1 pump is enough) to my wet wair. It did just nothing. My hair went up like cotton, just like I didn't put anything on it. Same happened to my mom. We both have kinky coily ziggly hair.

I tried it because it has won several awards and It's even in the Hall of Fame of Allure Magazine like the best frizz tamer, but I suppose whoever rated this just has a different -very different- hair type. I swear whoever this product works out for is somebody with straight hair with a little waves. I'm now researching on naturallycurly's web page, maybe they have options that are for my actual type of hair. Never ever paying attention to Allure's magazine when it comes to hair.