March 2, 2015 | 2193 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2015 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Kashley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. It makes my hair shiny, bouncy, and tames frizz. I don't believe you supposed to use this on dry hair (I would never). I use this on wet hair only. I have rebought this so many times.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2015 5:15:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry, alittle frizzy hair. This does not work for me. Did not like the texture. Its pretty disappointing because i've used cheaper drugstore hair serum that are great.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jjquan

I have a lot a fly aways and typically wear my hair in a pony tail. This product, if mixed properly, is great with keeping my hair un-frizzed. It's lightweight and doesn't wear my hair down. It's also non-sticky. A little bit goes a long way. I also find that it doesn't work very well on dry hair, so you will need to wet the areas where you want to apply the product and you'll be good to go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This does nothing for my hair. I have tried using it in different amounts with the only change being greasy hair when I have used too much. It doesn't make my hair look any glossier or healthier and I don't find ithat it tames my stray frizz stands at all and if anything, they slightly increase when I use this.

I can't see myself ever finishing it let alone repurchasing it :/
At least I didn't waste too much on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by LeahBBB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I do love this, I have the maximum strength one but I couldn't find it on this so I am posting my review here. I have very thick hair that tends to frizz so I bought this after trying many different serums with no luck, thankfully it does work, your supposed to use 1 or 2 pumps but I usually use 4 or 5 to get my hair silky, just don't put it on the roots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2014 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have used this for years, on and off. Since I'm growing out my hair and it's crazy thick and coarse, I'm starting to use this daily. I despise hair conditioner, so when I need to smooth my hair, I use either this or J&J No More Tangles (which is great but doesn't smooth as well as Frizz-Ease). My reason for giving the packaging only one lippy is this -- the new packaging stinks. In a day when companies are (or should be) more concerned with the environment and recycling and waste, Frieda repackages the product in larger packaging -- a "bottle in a bottle," if you will. It's the same amount of product -- 1.69 ounces, but the new packaging is at least twice as large/bulky as the original. The original is a compact bottle with a pump and that's all it needs. The new packaging is a clear red tube which contains the serum, and the red tube is inside a larger clear bottle with a pump. The original bottle is just shy of 4.5" tall; the new bottle is 6.5" tall -- yet you're still getting the same amount of product. I do not remember the exact price I paid for the original bottle of product (I think under $5 dollars a year or so ago), but I paid just under $12 two days ago for the new product. Please... we're smart enough to know that putting the serum in a tube in a bottle doesn't mean it's an extra-special miracle product. And about recycling -- the old bottle has a recycling emblem (triangle) on the bottom -- the new one -- nothing. I couldn't find a recycling symbol anywhere on the bottle. Very disappointed with this new packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by missvioletpurple

One of the best hair serums that I have tried that tames the frizz without weighing down my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Bought this because i have read online that it has won several awards as best frizz serum, but it disappointed me.

pros:
1)the packaging is small, convenient and easy to pump out

cons:
1)full of silicones
2)cant use on dry hair
3)did absolutely nothing for my frizz

would i repurchase? never.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Caitlynmaeg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this product! My hair is extremely unruly and frizzy and adding this to wet hair before I blow-dry does wonders! It is not conditioning in any way but protects my hair from humidity and keeps it sleek. Great price also. It gives lovely shine and lasts all day.
It has the same taming qualities as good argan/morrocan oils but without the conditioning and healing properties.
On more humid days I run a very small amount through my ends after styling also and it really does help :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:24:00 AM More reviews by Desig

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have fine hair that is oily do not go near this product. It is pretty heavy even when you don't use much. It left my hair feeling heavy and gave an oily appearance.