October 25, 2014 | 1241 users online

Fragrances - GAP Beauty - Love Shack

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by jinjuuleee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I walked into GAP one day in 2008 and it smelled amazing in there. I walked straight to the perfume section to see what this was and found this incredible scent. My mother quickly agreed and offered to buy it for me seeing as how it was only $16.50 for a huge 8.4 fl oz bottle.

Honestly, it just smells so good. Maybe it's just the perfect scent for my personal preference. It's sweet but not sickly sweet. Three years later and I still find the scent to be amazing.

And yes, the bottle I bought in 2008 has lasted me up until now but it is definitely running out.

There are only two flaws with this:
- It is now discontinued I believe.. And I am heartbroken.. I don't know how I'm going to find my way around it, but I'm definitely going to have to acquire another bottle.
- The packaging, while very cute, is kind of inconvenient. This scent did not come in a perfume as far as I'm concerned.. It was always called a body mist and didn't last very long. Since the bottle is made of glass, I could never carry it around with me to reapply when the smell wore off.

But not at all a major con. I really, really hope that GAP will re-release this scent in a perfume or even the body mist so I could stock up..

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by myshel

This body spray is a perfect blend of raspberry and sorbet scents. It smells a lot like summer to me with its lushness. I don't wear it during the summer, however. It's a little too intense for that, so I wear it in the winter. I wish that GAP would come out with a perfume in this scent. Until then, I'll keep buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by shaylishya

Personally, anything out of Gap for under $20 is considered cheap. With that said, a huge 8.4 fl oz of a glass bottle of Gap Love Shack body mist for $16.50 is definitely a catch! Not only is the price amazing, the fragrance itself is so playful, fun, young, innocent, casual and unique! I've never smelt anything like it!
It is described on the Gap website as:
Love Shack - An exhilarating rush of red raspberry and passionfruit sorbet, charmed by a bouquet of honeysuckle and jasmine water.
Sounds like it'd smell sweet doesn't it? But it's more than that.. it's not the type of edible sweet, rather it is that kind of tarty, enchanting, sparkling faries fruity scent! Definitely not one of those sweet sugary scents that make you gag.
It's light and not headache inducing (extra yay for me)!
Downside is that the staying power isn't that good at all because it's just a body mist :( ..but then you have the option to buy a smaller bottle which they have in 2 fl oz for $6.50 so you can carry it around with you wherever you go! Kinda sad that the bottles don't come with lids though :(
Personally, I think the lotion has more scent in it than the actual body mist.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Mmmm, nice and tropical. A good, fruity fragrance that reminds me slightly of Ralph by Ralph Lauren or Live Luxe by J. Lo. It is softer than those two fragrances, but is in the same sort of tropical fruity family. I like this one!