September 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Mascara - Physicians Formula - Plump Potion Lash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by lexabee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara was given to me as a gift. It is still a bit pricier than other drugstore brands, as Physicians Formula usually is. When i wore it, I was asked if I was wearing contacts. The black color of this mascara doesn't look ashy at all. it is a true, almost patent black. It made my brown eyes stand out so much that they looked a shade lighter. besides that it gives awesome volume and its THE best mascara iv'e tried thus far. I will definitely continue to repurchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I should have know by all the fantastical claims on the package that this mascara was going to suck but sometimes you just want to believe its going to work. Plump potion states it will give instant and long term benefits, such as lash growth, increase in volume and condition lashes. It does nothing whatsoever. It is a very dry mascara so lots of flaking and clumping. The only nice thing about this is the angled mascara wand; makes it much easier to reach all the lashes. One of the most disappointing products I have ever bought.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by acceber200

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have always been on the search for a mascara that will hold my curl, and this so far is my favorite non-waterproof version. it doesn't hold a curl as fabulously as a waterproof mascara, but better than any other non-waterproof mascara i have tried. i believe this is because the formula is fairly thick. It also lengthens and thickens well in my opinion. The bent brush doesnt make application any easier, but the bristles are nice and glide through your lashes. the size of the brush is medium sized, so its relatively easy to work with. On the downside, the formula takes a long time to dry, and even when "dry", still has a soft, sticky kind of consistency. this is possibly because of the organic ingredients? I like to layer a different mascara over it to eliminate the soft formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by michelleiscool

I'd like to start off by saying that I absolutely HATE the packaging... It is extremely tacky. The mascara itself though, is okay. It reminds me a lot of BadGal lash, my HG mascara. I feel that it really plumps and lengthens. It also holds my natural curl really well. The formula is more on the dry side. One complaint though, is that although it is really buildable and can make your lashes look really thick without clumping them, it wears off. When I first got this mascara, I would make my lashes really dramatic and thick and long for church... But by the time I got home (3 hours later), there wasn't half as much product as I put on my lashes. If it didn't wear off so easily, I would use one coat of it for as my everyday mascara but whenever I do that, I come home without any product on my lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am really picky with my mascara's. My eyelashes are really short and sparse, that it takes a lot to plump and lengthen them. This mascara really made them longer and thicker. I was pleasantly surprised. Since I got them on clearance at CVS, I quickly ran back to buy another one. I recommend this, that is if you could still find it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lsmiles13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When CVS had their beauty clearance sales recently, I found this mascara with a 75% off tag on it (making it around $2.50). For that price, I couldn't refuse it!

The formula is on the more dry side, I would say, so I am not noticing the curl of my lashes falling out as the product dries. It makes a really nice separated fan of lashes when all is said and done and I haven't noticed any clumping.

I also really like that the brush is bent and it makes reaching the lashes in the outer corner of the eye easier. It's making me consider bending the tip on all of my mascaras. ;)

Anyway, I ended up liking this so much that I went out and bought another as a spare. Really pleased, and i'm really picky when it comes to mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as a freebie with the Plump Potion lipgloss which is what I went for.

It's okay though I'm not especially blown away by it & what I like in particular are tube-technology mascaras that wash off with warm water & don't flake or smudge while wearing. My only issue with tube-film mascaras is they don't plump & my lashes look spidery & stringy.

The consistency is thick & pasty, & the brush wand is slanted (which I don't care for personally). It thickens up lashes nicely, however (like most mascaras) I have to work to eliminate clumping, & it lifts my lashes straight up as opposed to curling them (I don't use an eyelash curler, I just apply mascara directly). As long as I don't fuss with my face much through the day, I find this mascara doesn't give me the dreaded smudging. That's what I hate about regular mascaras - smudging, smudging, smudging.

I don't know whether I'd bother buying this on its own but it's a good mascara, I'd say. Doesn't irritate my eyes or sting them.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I did not care for this. I did purchase this several years ago (3 years ago) so the formula may have changed since then... I don't know.. But this stuff burned my eyes. My eyes are pretty sensitive and for whatever reason the only mascara I can use without irritation is Maybeline. (i've even tried 'hypo-allergenic' ones and those even bothered me) I also didn't care for the consistency. It made my lashes really clumpy. I would not buy this again or recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ThickerSister

So I got this mascara in a package deal. The mascara is not bad; it has a thick and large brush. the color comes off really black. I will say it dries out really fast. I did not even have it for two months before it was so dry that I could not use it. I will not buy it again even thought it did a nice job due to the fact that I have other once that do the same and do not dry out in under two months.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2010 7:14:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was so looking forward to this mascara, but when I got it, I was so disappointed. I cannot seem to find the HG of mascaras. My eyelashes are really wonkey because I sleep with sleep shade, which bend and crush my lashes, making them go completely insane. Before I bought the product, I opened the package and got a look at the brush and the formula. I thought the brush was great as well as the consistency of the formula. I also took a look at the reviews before purchasing. I was so excited, but when I actually used it, I was disappointed. It made my crazy lashes look like Tammy Faye Baker. It did absolutely nothing for my lashes and I smudged it all over my eyelids. I looked like a 3 year old put on my mascara. I tried the mascara a few more times before I gave up and re-gifted it to my sister, who has beautiful think lashes. She LOVES it. So all in all, if you have sparse, wonkey, ridiculous lashes like me, I suggest skipping Plump Potion. But if you fall into the normal lash category, give it a go.