April 20, 2014 | 961 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil - Rockstar

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best for work eyes. I use black liquid eyeliner too but sometimes it gets too fussy and severe for work....Rockstar is a great alternative and it goes on SO easily! Very good staying power on my oily lids, but I do use Nars smudgeproof primer beforehand. The colour is the best...a dark aubergine purple with minimal shimmer, almost brownish-black in some angles. Great for brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this color! I use this more as a shadow than an eyeliner to create a purplish smokey eye look. I like this because it lasts way longer than using eye shadow. I also love the shimmery shine that it has. So beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favourite liners from Urban Decay that I have purchased many times over. For my green eyes this liner makes my eyes look bigger and brighter. This shade makes my eye colour more pronounced as well. The formula is so smooth and once it sets will not budge or crease, I love that! I like to use this with Mushroom and GunMetal in my crease Bordello on the lid with Strange and Venus on the brow bone. With this liner my eyes look so big whereas with other shades my eyes can look smaller. So this is a great colour to open your eye. I'm very fair and cool toned and this liner works great with my skin tone. Will always repurchase.:) Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This liner is a lovely dark purple with a subtle shimmer. The shimmer of the purple seems to fade quickly, but the colour is flattering on my warm-toned medium Asian skin (Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo) Ė the purple tone comes through (itís not so dark that itís indistinguishable from black), but itís really understated Ė not at all lurid. Someone swatched this with Revlon Blackberry liner, which is another go-to of mine, but it's less plum-toned - the purple tone of Rockstar is more obvious in real life than it is in that picture.

It has excellent staying power over UDPP. Even when it smudges a bit on my lower lid, I like how the smudge looks like a smoky eye, rather than smudgy eyeliner. The texture is very creamy & doesnít pull on my eyelids, which makes it really easy to apply in a precise way. I guess it's soft enough to smudge for a smokier look, though that's not really my thing. The tip stays sharp for a few applications before needing sharpening. The pencil itself isn't too hard - there's no need to shell out for a special UD sharpener. I use my old eye pencil sharpener from the Body Shop. I like how you can put the lid on the back of the pencil while you use it, which can't be found in my other pencil liners from other brands.

Since this shade of purple really works for me and is versatile, and I donít use it often enough for it to finish really quickly, itís good value for money. I've used it a few times a month for about a year, and still have about 2/3 left. I donít need a lot of variety in my eyeliner choices, so Iíll probably repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this pencil, goes on nicely you don't have to tug and is creamy. I also wear Demolition (which is a dark brown)and find both colours similar when on. The 24/7 liners don't bother my eyes, I line where the lashes would be (I don't have eyelashes --alopecia) and haven't had any irritation. The only dislike is that if I don't use a primer this liner moves around smudges and gives me raccoon eyes even though I only line the top ( but maybe this is due to no eyelashes ,I don't know), used with the UD primer it's terrific and stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

This is my favorite color of all of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners that I have. I find the dark eggplant to be very subtle and versatile and looks great with my dark hair and dark eyes. This is my go-to everyday liner.
Pros: It applies much more easily than the drug store brands that I've used in the past. Very little pressure is needed to apply which makes it easier to blend it into my lashes. I only apply on my upper lash line and have no issues with smudging or fading.
Cons: I wish this came in a click-up pen to eliminate the need for constant sharpening and product waste. Also, very pricey, but that wont stop me from continuing to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I bought it this week and boy Im inlove. Never thought purple could suit my eye color which is a bright greenish blue. I dont put it in the waterline cause i tend to have watery and sensitive eyes, but on the lower lush line. It smudges like butter and stays on for a decent amount of hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by yourbritness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like the color of this eyeliner, its a really dark, eggplant color with a hint of shimmer. When applied, you don't really know its a purple eyeliner because it looks more of a dark brown on. I'm able to use this colored eyeliner to make my hazel eyes pop, without making it obvious that i'm using a colored eyeliner lol. Now, what i'm not so happy with is that this eyeliner is really soft and if it is not applied when it is freshly sharpened it will go on kind of sloppy and will smudge. So if you buy this eyeliner, keep it sharpened and make sure you don't apply it with a heavy hand, because the color payoff is amazing and glides on really easily without having to press down to much. For $19 this is a little pricy, but will last me a while and Urban Decay is cruelty free :) I will buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by crmelody

A great eyeliner. It has everything. It stays. It's vibrant. This particular eyeliner makes a brown eye pop. The only downside is the price and the fact that I don't think it's for sensitive eyes. Sometimes it irritates. I've been trying to go eco-friendly with all my products, but the color payoff and range with these eyeliners just can't be beat. I keep coming back.

VERDICT: Brings out brown eyes. A definite repurchase. I alternate between this (dark purple) and Demolition (dark brown) on the top line with Bourbon (light brown) on the lower always. If I'm going for a more natural look, I go for Demolition first. Night out? Rockstar.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great eyeliner, loved using it with rockstar shadow. This came in my b.o.s. 3, or a kit purchased with 2 mini liners, I think. Wish it would have been full sized!