October 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil - Rockstar

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rockstar is a very unique color because when swatched, it appears as an eggplant but on the eyes it looks a dark brown. It is absolutely beautiful color for brown eyes and it great for everyday or office wear. It gives my eyes that pop with or without eyeshadow. I love the creamy consistency and the effortless glide. It also stays put all day and doesn't smear onto the crease or the outside of the bottom outer corner. And that's applying it without a primer! I would in a heartbeat repurchase this color and look into the browns in their line!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by RainbowBowser

This is one of my absolute favourite purple shades.
It has a red base which I really like. The formula I generally love (heavy bias towards these eyeliners). Very wearable with neutral looks.
Would repurchase as a standalone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Ellenjs

This is the last color I thought I'd buy....particularly when the recommendation came from an Ultra salesperson decades younger than me. But she was right....makes my eyes pop. Just like the name, it glides on and is surprisingly long lasting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Am so obsessed with this. Carlene K (mua for pussycat dolls, Kristen cavillari, pretty little liars etc) loves rockstar and recommends it for brown eyes girls. I swear by black eyeliner but this purple (looks more brown on) is so flattering for day without being overly dramatic. It also doesn't make my eyes look so small like black eyeliner. I've been wearing this everyday with neutral brown eyeshadow. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best for work eyes. I use black liquid eyeliner too but sometimes it gets too fussy and severe for work....Rockstar is a great alternative and it goes on SO easily! Very good staying power on my oily lids, but I do use Nars smudgeproof primer beforehand. The colour is the best...a dark aubergine purple with minimal shimmer, almost brownish-black in some angles. Great for brown eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by arameep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this color! I use this more as a shadow than an eyeliner to create a purplish smokey eye look. I like this because it lasts way longer than using eye shadow. I also love the shimmery shine that it has. So beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

One of my favourite liners from Urban Decay that I have purchased many times over. For my green eyes this liner makes my eyes look bigger and brighter. This shade makes my eye colour more pronounced as well. The formula is so smooth and once it sets will not budge or crease, I love that! I like to use this with Mushroom and GunMetal in my crease Bordello on the lid with Strange and Venus on the brow bone. With this liner my eyes look so big whereas with other shades my eyes can look smaller. So this is a great colour to open your eye. I'm very fair and cool toned and this liner works great with my skin tone. Will always repurchase.:) Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by alixnaiq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This liner is a lovely dark purple with a subtle shimmer. The shimmer of the purple seems to fade quickly, but the colour is flattering on my warm-toned medium Asian skin (Stila tinted moisturiser in tone / Urban Decay tinted moisturiser in Halo) Ė the purple tone comes through (itís not so dark that itís indistinguishable from black), but itís really understated Ė not at all lurid. Someone swatched this with Revlon Blackberry liner, which is another go-to of mine, but it's less plum-toned - the purple tone of Rockstar is more obvious in real life than it is in that picture.

It has excellent staying power over UDPP. Even when it smudges a bit on my lower lid, I like how the smudge looks like a smoky eye, rather than smudgy eyeliner. The texture is very creamy & doesnít pull on my eyelids, which makes it really easy to apply in a precise way. I guess it's soft enough to smudge for a smokier look, though that's not really my thing. The tip stays sharp for a few applications before needing sharpening. The pencil itself isn't too hard - there's no need to shell out for a special UD sharpener. I use my old eye pencil sharpener from the Body Shop. I like how you can put the lid on the back of the pencil while you use it, which can't be found in my other pencil liners from other brands.

Since this shade of purple really works for me and is versatile, and I donít use it often enough for it to finish really quickly, itís good value for money. I've used it a few times a month for about a year, and still have about 2/3 left. I donít need a lot of variety in my eyeliner choices, so Iíll probably repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by monty2008

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this pencil, goes on nicely you don't have to tug and is creamy. I also wear Demolition (which is a dark brown)and find both colours similar when on. The 24/7 liners don't bother my eyes, I line where the lashes would be (I don't have eyelashes --alopecia) and haven't had any irritation. The only dislike is that if I don't use a primer this liner moves around smudges and gives me raccoon eyes even though I only line the top ( but maybe this is due to no eyelashes ,I don't know), used with the UD primer it's terrific and stays put.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

This is my favorite color of all of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners that I have. I find the dark eggplant to be very subtle and versatile and looks great with my dark hair and dark eyes. This is my go-to everyday liner.
Pros: It applies much more easily than the drug store brands that I've used in the past. Very little pressure is needed to apply which makes it easier to blend it into my lashes. I only apply on my upper lash line and have no issues with smudging or fading.
Cons: I wish this came in a click-up pen to eliminate the need for constant sharpening and product waste. Also, very pricey, but that wont stop me from continuing to buy it!