July 23, 2014 | 1342 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Garnier - 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by miapiaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Just picked this up from Asda here in the UK for £3. I always come back to this makeup remover, or the l'oreal equivalent, because I have extremely sensitive skin especially around my eyes. I wear pretty heavy eye makeup (primer, eyeshadow, gel eyeliner and kohl) so need an effective makeup remover that doesn't irritate my eyes or leave a super oily residue. Garnier ticks all the boxes and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Stolz69

I have been using this product for over a year. Love it. Takes my waterproof eye make up off with ease. Will continue to buy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product. I use it to remove eye makeup and it is very efficient - no rubbing or dragging necessary. I have really sensitive eyes that react to many cleansers but I have had no problems with this. An added bonus is the price - 2 for 4 at boots at the moment. Goodbye to clinique take the day off from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MissBlueJay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is fantastic!
It has 2 separate agents that you shake together before use.
Once you mix both agents together you pour a little bit on a cotton makeup pad and use to remove makeup.
I just place the pad over my closed eyes for a few seconds (helps 'melt' the makeup off the face) then gentle wipe away and my eye makeup is practically gone!
THIS EVEN DISSOLVES WATERPROOF MASCARA!!!!
I have not found a makeup remover as good as this yet for my eye makeup. I have tried similar ones but nothing beats this product!
Price is good for my standards!
Easy to use!
HIGHLY recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't irritate eyes,but leaves very oily residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Kathy101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is honestly such a good product. My everyday makeup consist of concealer, water proof mascara, eye liner, eye shadow and powder and this product does such a good job of getting rid of ALL the makeup that is on my face even the waterproof mascara which I usually find hard to remove. All though I have oily skin and this product does contain oil I just have a good face wash after I take my makeup off which I would do anyways

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Best eye make up remover ever. I have dark liquid liner and waterproof mascara! And one pad is enough to remove both eyes. I let it sit on my eye for about 20-30 seconds then gently wipe away. Its so gentle and effective. I use to use the loreal one but it didnt very long. I love this product. it makes removing my eye makeup so much easier and quicker. I dont mind the packaging, alot of the reviews said that the cap wasnt very good. But i dont have any issues

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by xsoph

This is great for waterproof mascara and eye make up! Removes everything I need in one cotton pad for one eye. I wouldn't recommend this for people who have oily eyelids or skin because this does get very very oily afterwards. But it's not a problem for me because I cleanse my skin after. I have used maybelline's and simple (I think that's what the brand is called) eye make up remover and you defs need more than 1 cotton pad. Overall I'd buy this again thumbs up!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by lancherie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Profile:
I have dry skin but being asian with hooded eyelids my eyes get VERY VERY VERY oily. This had led to me buying only waterproof mascaras, normal mascaras melt off in no time, European/American brand waterproof mascaras don't do much for me so I only go for asian slightly high end brands. I have been using Fairy Drops mascara for a very long time, it's the most waterproof mascara I have ever used (still manages to smudge a bit on me) and requires a very good eye makeup remover to remove and unfortunately this doesn't do the trick :(

Why I bought this:
I was first drawn to this product due to it's price (I'm from NZ), very cheap for an enormous bottle. I can only use the oil/water ones like these where you have two products inside which you shake up as they're usually oilier so do a much better job at removing.

Review:
This product doesn't remove all of my fairy drops mascara, it leaves some there which smudges onto my lower eyelid so doesn't make me feel like I have clean eyelashes after I use it. I have to use quite a lot and over a few cotton pads to remove my mascara quickly however, this eye makeup remover is great for any eyeshadow. Unfortunately I won't buy this again because I know better removers but unfortunately not for any cheaper than this one. I recommend it to anyone using non waterproof mascaras or European/American brand waterproof mascaras that aren't notorious for being waterproof like Fairydrops is. Cheap and great for anyone but unfortunately not me! :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been repurchasing Maybelline's Total Clean makeup remover for a few years now but the small 70ml bottle runs out quite quickly so I decided to pick this up instead, and so far so good!

This is a dual-phase liquid so you need to shake it up well beforehand. It costs $9.99 AUD for a large 200ml bottle compared to $6.95 for Maybelline's 70ml, so this is definitely much more cost efficient. But does it remove waterproof mascara? Yes, but with a touch more product needed than Maybelline's. Is it still worth it then? Yes, because you get so much more product! The only annoying thing I've found is the packaging. When you turn it upside down to apply it on to a cotton pad, it just squirts out quickly sideways so I have to rest a cotton pad on the hole while turning it over to stop that. (Hope that makes sense)

Overall, a great waterproof makeup remover that is cheap for the large amount you get so I will overlook the issue I have with the packaging. I would repurchase.