September 22, 2014 | 1090 users online

Bath Treatments - Bath and Body Works - Midnight Pomegranate Body Spray

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this scent in general, but its not my favorite. Its a deep berry scent, so its a nice change from the typical "fruity" scent. As far as the spray in general, its not very long lasting, even in conjunction with the lotion. I find this is the case with most BBW products.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:28:00 AM More reviews by sharon517

This scent is a little darker, and muskier than the scents I usually get from B&BW. I like fruity, floral scents. I just picked up this scent yesterday and sprayed it on this early morning. I can still smell it on my skin and it's mid morning. Of course, it's not as strong as perfume but pretty good staying power for a body spray. I would purchase again, and I got it for less than 2 bucks (semi annual sale!!)..I'm going to look for the body wash too, and lotion so I can layer the scents.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was actually my first BBW product; I received it last year as a Christmas gift from one of my friends. And, honestly, I'm not that impressed--not exactly a great introductory product for me, which is why I don't really care that much for BBW (I've tried Japanese Cherry Blossom and Be Enchanted too; I hate both of them. JCB smells like something my grandma would wear and BE smells too fruity). Apparently a lot of people like Midnight Pomegranate, but I don't. I know it sounds like I'm a hater, but I can't help being really picky.
The BBW website describes it as "Juicy pomegranates are masterfully mingled with notes of anise, patchouli, blackberry, and cassis."
Top notes: Pomegranate, Sparkling Citrus, Dewberry, Anise, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
Middle notes: Cassis, Blackberry, Iris, Jasmine, Raspberry
Bottom notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tobacco, Patchouli
Lots of fruits and spicy ingredients--not surprising at all; this smells very fruity and spicy, slightly musky. Not sure I smell any of the citrus in there.
Out of all the BBW sprays I own and tried (I only own 3; I've tried 5), this one lasts the longest when sprayed on pulse points (neck and wrists). You only need one spritz and the scent lasts for at least 5 hours.
I don't recommend you spritz more than once because this scent is very strong, which is probably why it lasts so long.
I can't comment on the new packaging because I have the old one (the plain plastic one with the cheap cap that kept falling off). The new bottles look fancier though.
Not sure about the price as I received this as a gift.
Overall I don't like this scent at all, but maybe that's because it doesnt mix with my body chemistry well. But even so I don't think I'd like this scent, whether sprayed in the air or on someone else--I don't like fruity, musky, or spicy scents in perfume. I didn't rate this a 1 for that though because it's purely my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Supercilious review aside..I'll make it short and sweet..Hubba Bubba in a dirty ashtray...Nuff said

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jcdiva1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this scent! I was deciding whether or not to buy this and one day my friend put on some lotion and it smelled so good. I asked her what scent the lotion was and she said "midnight pomegrante". From that point on, I knew that I had to buy this. It's the perfect blend of pomegrante (which BTW is one of my favorite notes in a perfume) with musk and vanilla.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bath&BodyWorks Midnight Pomegranate is "a blend of juicy pomegranates, anise, patchouli, blackberries, and cassis". I purchased this scent for two reasons. First off to try a Bath&BodyWorks body spray, and second, because pomegranates are my favorite fruit. Bath&BodyWorks products are not tested on animals. I purchased my 3 fl oz (88ml) travel sized bottle in store, for $3.34 on a 3/$10 deal. It regularly retails for $5 for 3 fl oz or $12 for 8 fl oz.
I like the packaging for this body spray. The plastic, red bottle is sleek, rectangular, and nips in at the middle. There's not label on it aside from a small clear sticker that says "Midnight Pomegranate" in gold lettering. I think the minimalism of the label suits the shape of the bottle.
Midnight Pomegranate has a slew of scent notes. I'll list them out, as posted on B&BW's website.
Top Notes: Pomegranate, Sparkling Citrus, Dewberry, Anise, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg
Mid Notes: Cassis, Blackberry, Iris, Jasmine, and Raspberry
Base Notes: Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tobacco, and Patchouli
That's a lot of scent notes for one body spray. Obviously you can't pick them all up. What can I smell? Straight out of the bottle I smell mostly raspberries with a hit of pomegranate. Super fruity. When first sprayed on the skin, Midnight Pomegranate smells very citrusy with a floral hint, I think its the iris, which isn't a very common fragrance component. Midnight Pomegranate goes on quite strong, but dries down quickly and becomes a softer, muskier scent that still has a bit of tart berriness to it. The blackberry in this scent reminds me of the smell of gummi worms. It makes me happy. There's something very energizing about Midnight Pomegranate's scent. Probably the citrus. It's a great fall scent. But I'm really perplexed about about something...why doesn't Midnight Pomegranate smell like pomegranates? Shouldn't they have named it Midnight Raspberry or Blackberry? It has the same ring to it and is way more descriptive of the scent. Or just added more pomegranate to it? The pomegranate scent is just so faint that I'm not sure why this scent has the name it does.
Midnight Pomegranate lasts well for a body spray. I can still smell it 6 to 7 hours after spraying. Cause of how long it lasts, I rarely feel the need to reapply Midnight Pomegranate unless I'm having an exceptionally long day.
I suggest checking Midnight Pomegranate out if you like deep, fruity, berry-heavy scents like I do. This fits that category perfectly. Midnight Pomegranate is a good scent for a good price. I love fruity scents and this is fruity while still being complex and a little musky. Give it a try next time you hit up Bath&BodyWorks. If you can get it on sale or in a deal, it's a great value. Midnight Pomegranate is now a staple in my scent wardrobe, and I hope it becomes part of yours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 9:34:00 PM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this fragrance and wish it would last longer. It isn't overly sweet like some of the other berry fragrances and has a touch of spice or vanilla, not sure. But, I hope they never get rid of it. My sister and I are avid fans.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by theresadactyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite Bath & Body Works scents.. possibly because it triggers very happy memories, I was wearing this when my son was born. Other than that, it reminds me of winter. It's the perfect not-over-the-top fruity scent appropriate for youthful and mature alike. I always pick this up at the end of the year. The only gripe I have is that the scent seems to stray away rather quickly, but as a body spray that is to be expected. <3

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by emochick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

At first sniff, I loved this. I wanted to drink it! Very sweet and fruity but deepened and matured by darker notes. However, on my skin it turns sour and only lasts about an hour. Afterward, there's a candy sour-sweet scent if you sniff my skin directly. Nothing else. Beautiful concept, but epic fail. It's still nice to sniff in the bottle though. lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is my other favorite besides brown sugar & fig....such a lovely, warm scent....doesnt smell super fruity.....but kinda "grown" but not strong....