July 31, 2014 | 1955 users online

Polishes - OPI - Royal Rajah Ruby

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I believe this has been discontinued now, but I got a bottle in a swap, and I'm so glad I did.

This is a deep red with a subtle shimmer. Two coats makes it a bit darker but it does show its red character in most lighting situations, including the indirect, warm light in which I spend most of my time, a light which makes a lot of dark polishes move right on into off-black. This is dark, but red, and the shimmer is not hidden the way a lot of dark shimmers are.

The formula on this is just gorgeous, smooth and even application, and for me, it's easily a one-coater. I do suspect it might stain (deep reds often do), so I recommend a good base coat to prevent that from happening.

What a pity this is discontinued. It's a real beauty. If you're interested, you can probably still find it around, and if you're looking for a smooth, shimmery, deep red, I definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by LegitElizabeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A few years ago, I bought Bogota Blackberry from a local beauty shop because I wanted to own a dark red nail polish so frickin' bad. A few days later, I was organizing my shelves when I accidentally dropped that nail polish, and it broke pretty badly. Disappointed that I never even had a chance to try it, I threw the nail polish away (there was no way it was fixable), and I gave up on the idea of owning a dark red nail polish.
When Christmas came around, my parents got me this nail polish instead because, according to my mother, "I didn't have the darkest red". Whatever, though- I was just happy that I had a dark red nail polish again!
The formula of the polish is amazing, as always. The colour is beautiful against my skin tone (I'm NC15 in MAC), and I just generally love it! As I'm typing this, I have it painted on my toes (I can't paint my own finger nails to save my life- pathetic, I know), though it has started to chip. What a shame.
Should I ever run out of this nail polish, I will defnitely buy it again! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Chubz

I LOVE this polish so much. All OPI products I've bought have always worked well on me and the formula is wonderful. This shade looks so perfect on toe nails, especially when they're glistening in the sun! People go out of their way and compliment my toes lol. Better yet, this shade flatters everyone's skin tone. This is a very deep burgundy shade with micro shimmers. Sooooo beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by NightAtTheOpera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This blackened red is one of my favourite polishes of all time. It's vampy, sexy and has a stunning glow from within look. *drool*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

FROM THE INDIA COLLECTION
Out of all from the IOPI ndia collection, this one is probably hands down my fave. Its true to the collection and really gives a middle eastern beaute color vibe IMO (in the same manner that Charmed by a Snake polish is). Its a beautiful deep ruby wine shade in which flatters pale and dark skintones, and all in between. Its got some shimmer but only a smidge- it doesn't go overboard. This is a real shade and works; be you a belly dancer or CEO, somehow it feels authentic and appropriate to both. Formula wise, staying power is great and doesn't call for a ton of coats which is a major plus. Royal Rajah Ruby is a lovely and sophisticated deep red suitable for any woman looking for a vampy shade in which is sexy sans shocking.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by hhsrunner2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this thinking that it would be a shimmery reddish/maroon color. At least that's what it looks like in the bottle. But I didn't like it at all on my fingers. Too dark and It seems like none of the shimmer came through. Disappointing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by msmyrna

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OH, NO! I got married with this shade on my nails, and it is my all time favorite, correct, it does not look black on the nails, looks great if my nails are long or short. Please, OPI, say it isnt so!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by AllKillNoDrill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

According to OPI this shade is retiring this year so I ran out to grab it, having taken it for granted for all these years.

This is such a deep, luminous blackened ruby. Check out my bottle shot above to get an idea.

As with most OPIs, the formula is smooth, buttery, and neither too thick nor too thin.

This is a great shade for fall and winter and REALLY shines in full sunlight.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:22:00 AM More reviews by SandieJackson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super super nice color!! I'm not one to like metallic much but this made me change my mind completely!! This color is what i've been looking for! I was dissapointed by colors like midnight in moscow and black cherry chutney, which are gorgeous in the bottle but show up black on the nails unless you're in the sunlight. Royal Rajah ruby is the perfect metallic that looks dark enough but shows up the red sheen perfectly!! so glad i found this! It is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!Definitely one of my favorite OPI nail polish :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great rich interesting color. A favorite!!