December 17, 2014 | 1747 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Surgi Wax Brazilian Waxing Kit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I love this wax! Before when I used to wax my junk, I used to get the wax that comes with a ton of strips to use, cause I always thought it wouldn't work that well to just pull the wax without a paper strip. Well, my friends mom swears by this stuff and has been using this for years. I went and bought some, and it was the easiest and least messy bikini wax ever! I've been using this exclusively now. What's kind of crazy is that it's actually cheaper at Ulta than Sally's! Something that never happens!
I also love to use this for my arm pits, I just did that a few minutes ago actually.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I've dabbled in diy soft waxing (with the strips) before, but heard hard wax was a better way to remove thick hair - namely in the bikini zone. I was going to try GiGi because everyone raves about it, but I didn't know if I'd like hard wax, and I didn't want to spend the money on a wax warmer straight out of the gate.

This was sitting next to it on the shelf at Sally's, and was marketed as a "microwavable" formula, so I thought I'd give this a shot first. This is a great first-time hard waxing product. It wasn't super stringy, and not anywhere near as sticky as traditional soft wax. And it's very reasonably priced ($7 for me). It actually did remove my thick bikini hair, which no diy soft wax has done to this point. I was impressed with the results and how easy it was to use.

Now the only drawback - because it is a microwavable formula, be prepared to take a few trips back and forth to reheat -- and by the time I was almost done with the jar, the consistency got a bit gummy from the reheating, and wasn't removing hair as well. I was forced to give up because it was like bubblegum. Having a wax warmer would definitely mitigate this.

I will probably buy a GiGi warmer and kit in the future, but I can't argue with a quick $7 purchase to get rid of bikini hair. I will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by bellabellabella

I have used Gigi honey strip wax with a warmer and I can tell you this beats it! MUCH better for Brazilian wax. I will never strip wax down there again! This is painless, yes, really! Removes almost all the hair and super simple. I will repurchase!

Sit on a towel in front of a mirror, take some tylenol prior to starting, put on some music and get going. Yes, you will have to run to the microwave throughout to keep the wax smooth. The best thing is to work in small sections and use the oil...do not forget! When it is time to rip after 30-50 seconds, take a deep breath and think about something else and JUST PULL! I promise it is not painful! Anyone can do this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by franneh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not bad for my first at-home Brazilian wax experience! First off, I would only recommend doing your own brazillian after you've had at least a few done professionally. I've been getting these done for years, so I've seen (and felt) how the wax is applied and removed from the surface area. It really helps! The pre-epilator oil was a huge help in making the process less painful. Like many have said, the wax does get a bit messy, so I suggest sitting on an old towel that you don't mind getting wax on. The first strip of wax I peeled off was definitely a shock, but I have a pretty high tolerance for pain so it was more of a 'holy crap, I can't believe i'm doing this myself' shock. Lol. Just make sure you pull it in the opposite direction that your hair grows and as fast as you can and you're good to go! Overall, I'm extremely happy with my results. Saved me a (pricy) trip to the salon and it left a very clean look! Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Success! I used the "Brazilian Wax Kit for Private Parts" to clean up the disaster that was Nad's. I had no problem heating the wax to the right temp, very little problems with mess in the bathroom, and had very neat, accurate results. I get waxed professionally every once in a while, and this was less painful and I had much more control over the shape (I keep it neat, not bare). I think I paid like $6-7 for this kit, and it was well worth it. I am a DIY novice, and I came out looking like I got it done at the esthetician's.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by amandaleejones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

You can do better. There are tons of other hot wax products out there, and believe me i'm going to try them after this. I was only using this product to do some "clean up" after my waxing lady missed a few spots. I don't think there was even enough wax in the pot to do my entire brazilian if i wanted to. It was quite messy, and i had to reheat it in the microwave a couple times because it kept getting hard.
Also, it comes with a oil that you're supposed to put on before you apply the wax...which complete defeats the whole purpose because then your hair doesn't stick to the wax. Needless to say i did not use the oil again after the first attempt.
I'm going to try my hand at another product like Parissa or even Nair next time since they got decent reviews. But trust me, it's not that great.
I gave it 2 lippies because it does remove hair, but it's not use friendly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:25:00 PM More reviews by SsjAnimeGW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I pretty much second what masa_inn said below. I would also like to add that after hearing sounds that I've never heard uttered out of my mouth before using this, that I will only be paying professionals to attempt to wax me anywhere near there!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by masa_inn

I've been waxing/epilating my bikini area for years; and decided to try this product after a rave review from my friend. This is the worst thing I've ever done to my pubic area.

- This wax never hardens enough to be pulled off easily. Imagine trying to get rid of a piece of chewing gum...attached to your labia.
- Oil makes skin slippery (duh!); hence, I cannot pull my skin tight - and tightly pulled skin is a key to a painless and clean waxing
- Took forever. When I use my usual wax (strip free Parissa), I'm done in 20-25 minutes. After hour and a half of fussing with Surgi I had lots and lots of hair left behind.

The worst part: I have ingrowns galore. Never, ever had it happened before (and as I said, I've been waxing, shaving and epilating for years). It looks horrible and hurts like the dickens. I've tried TendSkin, AHA, BHA, azulene oil and whatnot. Despite all my efforts, the entire area still looks like a train wreck. Romantic life effectively ruined; and I could have probably opened my own waxing place with the money I've spent dealing with ingrowns.

Bottom line: it does not work for me. I am getting back to Parissa.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Bjet

this is really really messy (one lippy off) so if u guys plan to use this make sure you cover your bathroom floor with some newspaper. I learn this the hard way and now my bathroom floor has bits of green that is SO HARD or nearly impossible to scrape off :( (and i just moved! ruined my new bathroom already in a matter of 3 days...T_T) other than that i really like this and the oil that comes with the kit makes a huge difference in wax residue and ease of pulling hair out. it gets most of the hair or at least good enough that it seems bare. I bought Popsicle sticks from the dollar store since i wouldn't reuse the stick they give u...
for reference i think you can get about 3-4 wax sessions with one tube. (i'm on my 4th tube) For $20 it's a lot cheaper than my usual salon visits for $30 each time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by pandamaru

best home brazilian waxing kit ever. the pre-epilation oil makes all the difference. I've tried at least a dozen different waxing kits over the last decade and this is by far the easiest, least painful and cheapest. 100% recommend.