December 19, 2014 | 1475 users online

Fragrances - Sonoma Scent Studio Rose Musc

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another beautiful, round fragrance from Sonoma Scent Studio. I am a big fan of this indie perfumer. Even though not every fragrance works on my skin or for my preference, they all seem to be very high quality.

I Love Rose Musc. On me, it has a lovely balance of a pink, full-blown rose with a warm, slightly skanky musk. It's linear, but I love the combination and am happy to have it stick around all day. It definitely is strong, and a little goes a long way. (That's one of the things that makes it a good value, especially given the quality.)

If you love rose and musk, it's worth at least trying a sample.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by appletea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I would like to echo the sentiments of previous reviewers who said Rose Musc had hints of Serge Lutens' Muscs Koublai Khan because that is exactly the scent I thought of as Rose Musc developed on my skin. For me, MKK is purely the scent of sun-warmed skin. It isn't full skank, but it isn't baby clean either. Combine this smell with the heady buzz of roses in bloom and you get a fragrance that is unbelievably sexy. I find the rose used in this fragrance is very realistic and lush smelling and cheers me in addition to making me feel very much like a femme fatale (which I am decidedly not). Moreover, the staying power on this is tremendous. I dabbed it on before heading to work and it was still going strong a good 10 hours later when I was home and ready to hop in the shower. The sillage for it being an oil was also remarkable. Every time I moved my head, I was able to catch a beautiful whiff so if you use the spray, you may want to exercise caution. I admit this is a perfume that might be better relegated to evening affairs but the smell is so addicting I'll probably wear it during the day from time to time, just to feel a bit naughty and less ordinary. Last point: the juice smells like it cost WAY MORE than what you paid for it. If you're looking for a bewitching rose fragrance (and you're not one of those close-minded types that think all rose perfumes are best left to so called "old ladies"), definitely get a sample of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by lafemm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The SSS website on Rose Musc: ďA feminine blend of rose and lovely skin musks, enhanced by dry ambergris and dusky labdanum. Mellow but long-lasting with nice sillage and a sensual base.Ē Sillage, check. Sensual,check. Mellow, not so much. Laurieís description makes it sound rather soft and feminine. Itís not. To my nose, itís a slightly boozy, honeyed rose atop an exotic, somewhat skany, musk-labdanum-ambergris base. Kind of like Ambre Sultan and Muscs Koublai Khan met in the rose garden. I love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by essija

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't pick up any rose in this, just musk... too old for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by kalishka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love Rose Musc! I found it while shopping for a great rose soliflore. I also went crazy over Sonoma Scent Studio's Velvet Rose (for summertime). But when I sniffed Rose Musc, my nose was overwhelmed with happiness! It is so luscious and warm - The rose is indeed a very rich old fashioned style - right out of the garden - not fusty at all. But is is based in this wonderful rich labdanum-musky base that is so rich and sensual. All day long I can smell this wonderful aroma wafting upwards to my nose! A little does indeed go a long way. This is a very rich scent - to me very much like roses and dry woody cinnamon - not sweet by any means, just rich, sensual, spicy and warm. If you love the richness of labdanum, this one is for you. It is just perfect for the brisk fall days that are right ahead.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2008 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Katie4098

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I waited all day for this scent to drydown into a sensual, musky rose, but it never happened. I smelled like dried rose potpouri all day long. :( It made me sneeze like crazy! This scent just never evolves on my skin- I get no musk, or any other notes for that matter. I still love many other SSS scents, just not this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 1:02:00 AM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I was little, my nana used rose milk lotion. I loved it, but I always wished there were more oomph, more rose, more lasting power (mostly because they wouldn't let me wear perfume, but they were okay with this lotion. But I wanted more. And here it is.) It opens as a rich English rose, not a tea rose, but a big, blowsy heirloom rose with a sexy musk note to it. Rose is tricky- it often comes across as too green, too Tea Rose, too room freshener... this is none of those. This is a David Austen rose in full bloom, dark, dark rose in color, bordering on the purple... It continues on through the drydown with the gorgeous combination of musk and rose, both balanced and enhancing the other- and has the most beautiful drydown of everything that I wanted the rose milk lotion to be. I really, really like this. A lot. I am thinking I may need some of this in the collection. The great rose hunt may be over.
A word of caution, though, it really packs a wallop of scent so go easy with it at first.