December 20, 2014 | 1709 users online

Palettes - Julie Hewett - Soiree Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Julie Hewett is one of my favorite brands, and this is my first of her eyeshadow palettes. The packaging is a sleek black compact, and the 4 shadows are quite large - nearly 2x bigger than MAC pans. I use Muse as an all-over wash. I'm an NW15 redhead, and it is a perfect all-over, non-shimmery neutral. Remy is a taupe color with a hint of shimmer, great for the crease. Terra is a medium brown with a hint of red (similar to MAC's Soft Brown), and Black Chandelier is a nice deep almost-black. This is one of those "essential" palettes if you're a neutral-wearer - it works great for day, but Black Chandelier gives enough drama that you can also get a good evening look out of it. The shadows themselves are not powdery at all, and you won't get the dreaded fallout (Urban Decay, I'm talking to you). I would call their texture almost creamy. Blend easily, nicely pigmented, nice longwearing (I use MAC Painterly paint pot as an eyeshadow base). Overall, this is a beautiful palette, and I'm extremely impressed with the quality. I've already bought several more Julie Hewett shadows based on this, and the quality is truly outstanding. I would definitely repurchase this, and recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely hands down my favorite neutral palette for day or evening wear. Enclosed in a thick paper sleeve is a palette of 4 eyeshadows. At first these seem remarkably unimpressive but once applied they are amazingly lovely. The first color, Lucca, is a light to mid toned matte camel, warm, yet somehow this works on my cool leaning PPP skin. On the right of this is Remy, a subtle shimmery warm gray which contours beyond belief. On the bottom left is Terra, a medium matte earthy sienna brown, again, unimpressive looking in the pan but on blue eyes this is breathtaking. On the right is Black Chandelier, a matte black that is densely saturated with pigment. These are not powdery shadows, they will not leave dust residue on your cheeks and will apply smoothly and blend without effort. All the colors in this palette look well on their own or together in any combination to take you from office and beyond and; I feel this palette would look great on just about anyone. This is my HG smokey eye palette and I'm certain it will likely become yours as well.
UPDATE: I must have an older version of this palette as what is referred to as Lucca in my palette is now called Muse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by slipping_glimpser

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette - the kind of eyeshadows I could take on a long trip and stay happy with. There are four shades - a very light beige, a mid town beige, a gorgeous brown (fantastic for blue eyes( and a shimmery granite/black that works as a liner. I also use the black over liners to add a uniquely shimmery gleam. These shadows glide on the eyes and never look powdery or chalky. There's even a good sized mirror for those times when you need one.
Wonderful line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2008 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I love the colors in this palette. They are beautiful and wearable day or night (maybe the two lighter colors for day and incorporate in the other two at night). You know how most palettes that have that weird throwaway color that makes you think twice about spending the money for the usable colors? None of that here.