C.O. Bigelow Chapped Hands Remedy

3.0

on 11/29/2008 7:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I gave the price a 5 because its expensive for the overall quality, but of course, not the most expensive out there. The packaging is great, and thats what sucks us all in!

I actually like the stuff. Its not too greasy like some other heavy hand creams. I have discovered that it will not work good on skin that is not dry. If you have normal hands, this will feel greasy and gross, overall. If you have terrible dry cracky skin, then this is your answer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This nifty hand cream from C.O. Bigelow contains 40.3% of Glycerin to help boost moisture levels, healing cracked and chapped hands. It is non-greasy and its medicated formula helps prevent future chapping and shields hands against seasonal conditions. I especially like the easy glide on texture. It smoothes instantly into hands and isn't too cloying or rich. Reapply after every hand wash. The tube is a great protable size that allows me to just throw it into my everyday bag.

The matte, pharmaceutical packaging and mint smell will appeal to those who look over their shoulders in the office whenever their dry hands scream for some love.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This was at Bath and Body Works for $5 on sale. I definitely wouldn't pay what it normally costs. It smells like medicine, probably due to the excessive amount of camphor--it's just gross! It doesn't really seem to moisturize, it just puts this slick coating on your hands. It's almost like my skin can't totally absorb it. Even after it's on, my hands don't feel moisturized, they feel dry and coated in grease. Definitely would not repurchase. I'll stick to the Signature Collection hand lotions because they actually work and they don't make me smell like an old lady with too much Ben Gay on. UPDATE: After over a month of using this, I've noticed no difference in my hands. This doesn't work and it smells funny. I'm taking it down to one lippie.

Popular Lotions / Creams