December 22, 2014 | 1445 users online

Eye Primer - Kanebo - Lunasol Eyelid Base

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:08:00 AM More reviews by chelsialee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

The product is awesome but go easy on the product make sure to not over applying it just a ring finger dab on this product and it gets ur eye shadow powder to last the whole day. I would say that it's more suitable for slightly dry to normal eyelids. Not sure if it works well for oily lids as I'm combination dry. The packaging is compact but make sure ur finger is clean before u go ahead and dip ur finger into the product as it will stain the creamy base. Good luck!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 8:42:00 AM More reviews by hazefree2002

The product creased on my oily hidden double eyelid within 2-3 hours of applying. It retails for SGD43.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by lazeny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I alternately use this base w/ the one from Coffret D'or. Kanebo always comes out w/ exceptional products and this is one of them.

The consistency is very creamy, so I'm careful not to apply too much so it wouldn't crease on me. I never apply foundation on my eyelids up to my brow bone. I only use this base, then I set it w/ a powder eyeshadow (not a setting powder) I find that if you layer this over a foundation (or under) then set it w/ a loose powder, then apply powder eyeshadow, then the whole thing would crease since there's so much product piled on my lids.

If using cream eyeshadow instead, I apply this base first, then apply cream eyeshadow, and then finally set it w/ a powder eyeshadow - again not setting powder.

True to its' promise, this base keeps my eyeshadow on longer (even after a hard work out at the gym). The colors never fade and they never crease - unless I've been wearing my eye makeup for over 16 hours then there will definitely have some creasing.

I only need so very little amount every time I use this so I think it would take me a long time to hit pan. And the packaging is luxurious, I like the mirror included .

Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 6:10:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Superb cream-to-powder texture with an illuminating effect that is great for balancing out dark eyelids and corners. Also great to use without an eyeshadow on top for a natural and bright look.
However, it doesn't wear well on oily eyelids like mine.

It has creased two hours after I have applied it, and the eyelids feel wet.
I never get that wet feeling with other eyelid bases, and I know how to apply a base successfully.
Unfortunately this is not for me.
I'll stick to my Urban Decay and ArtDeco under all eyeshadows.
The ratings are for the texture, colour, and packaging only.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by gcpl2

This is a great product. Slightly creamy finish so it applies smoothly, but not so creamy that it creases (so long as I don't layer too much), and it does what it claims to do -- makes your eyeshadow colour more intense and last through the day without fading. I can't do without this product now! I have eyelids which are quite noticeably darker than the rest of my face, and had despaired of getting lighter-toned eyeshadows to show up on my eyelids. With this little case, I don't have this problem anymore! The cream is opaque enough to help lighten and conceal the darker tone of the eyelids ro a certain extent (although it doesn't do it completely). I wear this even on days I don't put on eyeshadow, so my eyes look brighter and more awake. Love this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by fleckenschnitte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

***Please click continued for a pic***
Lunasol is a High-End brand by Japanese cosmetics giant Kanebo. They offer beautiful great-quality products in elegant packaging. I really love Lunasol and own a lot of their stuff so when they came out with a new Eyelid Base N I just had to get it.

I don't own a lot of eyelid primers. I used to use my trusted T'estimo base for over 2 years now but I am always open for a change.
Eyelid Base N comes in a cute little shiny metal compact in the signature Lunasol color (a chocolatey bronze color). It looks classy and chic.
The Eyelid Base comes in 1 color, a very neutral light beige (lighter than it looks on the pic!) that blends into my natural skin-tone perfectly. It has a very thick but creamy and silky texture that spreads easily. Just dab your finger slightly on the base and pat it on your lids. The key is not to use too much or you'll end up with creasing. But if I just dab a little on my lids (I use concealer and a light dusting of powder before btw) it intensifies the eyeshadow colors and keeps them looking fresh all day long. The primer color is quite opaque so it brightens and conceals discolorations. I haven't tried to use this under my eyes but since the texture is so thick I'd be afraid to tug on the delicate eye area. Lunasol has a special Undereye concealer in their range so this would be better for that purpose I think. (I use currently either my Inoui ID Undereye Brightener or Maquillage's Concealer Liquid)

Lunasol Eyelid Base N retails for 2940 Yen in Japan (About US$27) but I purchased it on ebay for about US$35 shipped.

I am a cool-toned PPP/NW15/MQ OC-00/Kate OC-A/SK-II OP-1/Lunasol OC-01 with brown eyes.
Lunasol's website:
continued >>

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2008 9:43:00 AM More reviews by chirakat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It neutralizes your lid color. Eye shadows go on smoothly and easy to blend. It helps keep the glitters from falling onto your cheeks. Too bad, it creases (but not much). Might be perfect for people who don't have oily lids though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 11:18:00 PM More reviews by strawbit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the creamy texture. It is easy to glide on the eyelid and creates brightness for dull lids. It contains skin-caring ingredients which make it more enjoyable to use. It is supposed to make eye makeup adhere longer, and I find this claim to be true. Paired with Shiseido Hydro Powder Eyeshadow, my eye makeup stays put the whole day. Sometimes, this is the only eye makeup I use. I use this as an undereye concealer too sometimes (gulp!) It doesn't dry skin! (2.2g)