October 24, 2014 | 1421 users online

Lipstick - Mary Kay - Creme Lipstick in Amber Glow

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm not a big lipstick fan, i barely wear lipgloss, but I just loved this lip color so much I thought i'd give it a try. It's such a gorgeous peachy-brown-gold tingy color that is great for wearing in the autumn or if you have a warm skin tone it works great as well. I love how smooth it feels and it lasts and lasts. I had this on all day once, and only had to reapply once, but even then it was a small touch up, nothing drastic. I would like to find a double of this color in another brand, only because trying to find a representative and all that is slightly irritating, i'd rather be able to go out and buy it in a store, than wait a week or 2, just to repurchase a tube of lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by vmalenfant

I purchase this lipstick without even testing it. I saw the girl in the magazine wearing it and I loved it. I really like the color a golden-beige. Really look natural and give a pop of shine on the lips. I almost finish this lipstick and because I do not like the principle of Mary Kay (find a representative and blah blah blah - like Avon) I want to find a dupe color which I find... It was a lot of work but I like so much this color it was worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 5:40:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the new formulation, it feels as smooth as a lipbalm and doesn't go into lines like they did before! I would describe the Amber Glow color a little differently than the other reviewers. Swatched on my PPP wrist its a sheer cocoa brown with fine gold shimmers. Worn on my lips it looks like a medium mauve nude with a hint of grey, and superfine shimmer that gives it a special moist glowy soft shine that other lipsticks lack. I love the moisturising smooth feel and the glowy part but wouldn't get it again because this shade doesn't suit my coloring. I know everyone says this color is warm, but on me its a cool greyish mauve brown that makes me look like an anaemic corpse. The color is not for me but I definitely would be happy to try other colors in this range

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2009 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Berceuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipstick. This product actually got me into wearing lip products again. The color is just so pretty...not sure how to describe it exactly (peachy-bronzey-gold?), except that it's warm like others have said. Don't be scared off by the ridiculous yellowish lipstick picture in the Mary Kay catalog! This looks nothing like its photo. Anyway, I would of course repurchase, and any warm-toned individual should try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that I wouldn't have tried this color on my own. However, after 5 years of searching on my own for a replacement to my discontinued HG lipstick, I called my MK consultant for help. She gave me a baggie full of different samples and this one was included.

In the catalog, this looks very frosty and/or metallic. However, it doesn't really go on that way. It's a nice peachy color that would look good for a night out but can still be worn to work.

It is a nice, light summery color and it also worked well over my toffee lipliner and a nude/pink liner. I also looked really good paired with MK's Beach Bronze lip gloss.

I love MK's reformulation of their lipsticks. I have stayed away from MK lipsticks (using only their glosses) because I'm sensitive to scents. The old lipstick formula was drying and smelled like perfume. The new formula was not drying; in fact, my lips felt moisturized at the end of the day. And the new scent is just a hint of vanilla, I think. Also, the new MK formula stays on all day. I apply at 6:30 am and it lasts through morning drinks, snacks, lunch, and dinner. I only have reapply if I'm wearing gloss over the lipstick.

I will definitely purchase this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sparky17

Warm toned and easy to apply from the tube. I can keep the tube in my pocket all day and the lipstick has resisted softening sufficiently to avoid bending during application.

Kudos to Mary Kay for adding a smiliar hint of vanilla goodness that is used in their glosses. I never realized how nasty the old-school style MK lipsticks were in comparison to the lovely new ones (maybe my stick was too old...no, the new hint of flavor makes that much of an impact) and now I can't go back.

Metallic gold tones are what give this color its zip. It's definitely not a boring color but isn't so outrageous that it can't be worn with more conservative dress.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sadiewoo

I used to hate MK lipsticks because they tasted like perfume and burned my lips. However, I love the new formula they came out with in December.Nice and creamy and a hint of vanilla. Amber Glow is a nice warm peachy gold with shimmer. I like to wear it with the neutral lip liner. I think they are a reasonable price...$13.00.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by verolyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A perfect shade of peachy-bronze. Ever so slightly frosty/ metallic. Makes me look polished but doesn't scream, "Look at my lips! I'm wearing lipstick!" This is definitely a warm shade. It works perfectly with my freckled, PPP skin and hazel green eyes. I have trouble finding colors that don't overpower my pale skin, or don't turn magenta or clay-colored against my pigmented lips. The color is similar to MK's Sweet Nectar, but Amber Glow is more orange-gold, instead of peachy-pink. It is also similar to MAC Goldensoft (but more pigmented.) It's a creme lipstick, but it doesn't slick on with a lot of moisture. It's not dry, either. Instead, it just smooths out the lips nicely. The color lasts a few hours, which is a pretty good amount of wear time. I don't mind re-applying after eating. It looks great with MK Gold Rush lip gloss. The price is a little steep for an MK product (now $13), but I will definitely buy this one again.