July 29, 2014 | 1698 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This color is the most beautiful, dark wine color - especially under the light. It has the most gorgeous glimmer and makes pale hands, paler! Definitely a vampy kind of color. However I find this hard to apply, it's difficult to work dark colors to make them look neat and polished, it's less forgiving when the polish seeps slightly into the nail beds, and requires a really good double layer with top coat, or else it loses its sheen after a a day or two. For that reason, I'm giving it 4 stars, just because I believe a good nail polish should be easy to apply.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by hellootomorrow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own a lot of vampy, almost black but not black polishes. For some reason, this is one of my favs. Something about that subtle ruby/plum shimmer just really does it for me. When you catch this polish in the light it's just gorgeous. Application was not the best. The first coat applied kind of streaky but evened out completely on the second coat. This is one of my go to dark polish's. I love it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The name "black cherry" is fitting. This is a blackened plummy-berry colour, and I do mean blackened. It's DARK. In most light, it's off-black, and the plum-berry shimmer is quite hidden. In direct or bright light, the shimmer is visible, but only just. It's not as pretty as I was hoping, based on the swatches and promo shots I'd seen. I do spend most of my time in indirect light, and I did expect this to be dark, but I had hoped to get a little more occasional shimmer out of it. Unfortunately, unless I'm in very direct light or the sun, it's just an off-black, and I have other off-blacks that I like better, sadly.

This looks nice with my pale, cool complexion, and it's got a very nice, smooth formula. One coat is a little thin, but the plummy character of the polish is more visible with just one coat. The second coat pushes it right into off-black.

I don't hate this polish, and I expect I'll wear it now and then, but my overall reaction is pretty much: meh. Okay if you need an off-black with good formulation and very occasional flashes of plum-berry shimmer, but otherwise, not that interesting. This is a sentiment that I read in some of the lower-rated reviews here, but I had hoped I'd be amongst those who love this polish. Unfortunately, I'm not. It's okay, but I could have spent the money on something more exciting or at least more interesting. Another off-black with rarely seen shimmer. Okay. Fine. Next!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by bubbelbad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love it. I owe a lot of burgundy nailpolishes but this have been a favourite since the moment I got it. From a distant it 'just' looks purple/brownish, but up close you can see a gorgeous red/purple/ruby shimmer in it which gives it a amazing, warm glow and creates a lot of depth. Opaque in 2 coats. Dry time is one of the shortest I've experienced. Stays on my nails for about 5 days without getting major chips, which is quite something for me. Briefly, what is not to like?! If you love vampy polishes, this is the one for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous colour...one that cannot be compared to anything Ive owned before. Sure its dark like the Lincoln Parks but its much more than those IMO.
Its definitely on the red, ruby, burgundy palette & not purple. But it has such depth due to the subtle sparkle which you really only get to see in the light. In the sun, its AMAZING.
A #1 colour for fall & winter for sure but really, this colour is so beautiful you could wear it all year round.
Its opaque in 2 coats & dries fairly quickly compared to the creme finish varnishes from OPI.
A real sophisticated shade for those that love dark nails but with some attitude & vamp.
Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by foofighter99

I adore this colour - one of my faves of the OPI line. I love it on toes! It wears well if you use a good topcoat. It's a dark blackened bordeaux with miniscule shimmer. Truly pretty. Very dark so if you do not like dark colours then it will not be for you. One of my HG colours for pedicures.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dark vampy colour, I like it a lot but then I can't wear it for more than a couple of days without getting bored with it. Not the most original but still quite autumnal and classy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

FROM THE INDIA COLLECTION
I purchased quite a few polishes from this collection online and I have to say, many of them didn't live up to the image of colourfully bright and/or golden shimmery exotica one usually associates with middle eastern culture and beauty. Black Cherry Chutney is another one that didn't make the cut for me... while the base shade here is dark and mysterious, I get no red/burgundy chutney at all and the glittery frost tone of it left much to be desired; had the focal point of this shade been more on the purple shade and not adorned with glitter galore, I would have been satisfied. Alas, I am not 13 so all that glitters is not gold or desired. IMO Black Cherry Chutney is way too similar to other already existing OPI polishes; its just another dark shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by brusselsprout

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was looking for an alternative to Lincoln Park After Dark, which I think is too matte. I was drawn to BCC because of the subtle shimmer. I was a little disappointed to find that the shimmer is *very* subtle. However, it does give it an added dimension that is really pretty. Overall, I love this color. It's very sexy and looks very sharp. It's a neutral for darker months. It goes with everything I wear. I expected this to be a color I would wear once in a while, but I go for it again and agin. Also very easy to apply and has good coverage with two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by LGel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i would describe this colour as a deep grape. in some light, it looks black. i put on a base coat and two coast of BCC and it lasted a week (would have lasted longer but i finally got tired of it and took it off). for a nail polish to last that long on me is incredible. i have a lot of OPIS polishes, but this one seems to last longer than any of them. usually a polish lasts about 3-4 days on me... MAX! oh, it's very high shine too which is nice for dark polishes.

anyway, this colour is rich looking and not too goth. more classy than that.