September 22, 2014 | 1827 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner - Smoky

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This eyeliner flat out sucks. Sucks, I tell you, SUCKS!
The color is supposed to be a dark grey, and it is. However, it's really hard to see how dark grey it actually is when the pigmentation is so horrible. It looks extremely watered down and absolutely atrocious when you try to use it on the eyes. Literally, it seems to like being an eyeliner much better in swatches than on your actual eyes. It ends up looking super sheer and uneven and it made my eyes look like I half-assed all of my makeup that morning.
Don't even bother thinking that you can get an awesome look from this eyeliner in one fell swoop. Nope, you're gonna have to spend tons of time fixing all the places where the eyeliner didn't want to go on, or where it did go on but not want to show up.
And don't even think about blinking before the 15+ minutes that this eyeliner needs to fully dry are up, unless you intend to wreak havoc on your eye makeup. (Seriously, this eyeliner takes forever to dry, and, since you need to put on a bunch of coats to get an opaque look, it feels very heavy and waxy on the eyes.)
The applicator is a wide brush with a very hard tip. It's not very compromising, and it is an absolute pain to work with. There is either too much eyeliner, or it all goes to one side of the brush and avoids cooperation at any cost.
Actually, the staying power of this is awesome. Definitely withstands my naturally watery eyes. However, that doesn't really help when the rest of the eyeliner SUCKS!!
I am never ever repurchasing this eyeliner- and, honestly, I'm giving up on WNW eyeliners. I've tried about 10, and each one has disappointed me. Oh well, at least it was really cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

FAIL. Somehow this product managed to smudge AND flake at the same time. The bottle design is small and handy, and I found the applicator brush easy to use which was nice, but this liquid eyeliner started to transfer to other parts of my eye as soon as I had it on, then began to flake, depositing black dots all over my face. Way too much hassle having to constantly check my face to wipe away smudges. Too bad, since lately I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of other Wet n' Wild products. At $3.99, the price was right, but for all the good this product did me, I might as well have used a magic marker.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by gnippy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a sucker for liquid eyeliner but this one certainly didn't live up to my expections. Unlike some, mine didn't smell bad or weird but it was definitely difficult to apply due to the applicator itself. It was like trying to apply the product with a piece of pointed very hard rubber with no give. It was impossible to get any type of line that was not streaky. I finally ended up sticking one of my other eyeliner brushes in and applying that way so I did get a pretty good application using that method. One the plus side, the color, if you can get it on, is a nice charcoal gray, softer than black but definitely gives a dramatic look. I had to scrub to get mine off and was difficult to remove. It didn't flake at all. Despite the fact that I really liked the color I won't purchase again and I probably won't use again as it is too much hassle to apply (afraid I will damage my eye with the applicator that comes in the package) and too much hassle to get off. As with all Wet n Wild products it was really inexpensive but the low price certainly doesn't out weight the cons. NOTE: I would have given the packaging quality section a 0 but the system won't accept that, thus the lowest possible score of 1.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I was very disappointed in this product. First off all, the smell of the product is pretty bad. The applicator did not seem like a felt, but a plastic cone, making the product difficult, if not slightly painful to apply. Also the formula is so thin with barely any pigment. I had to apply several coats of the product and I could not get an even line or amount of product for the life of me. This resulted in an uncomfortable cakey product that cracked and flaked of very quickly.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovejforce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I opened this and literally said, "Is this right?" The wand and whatever is at the end of it, isn't a felt tip, it's not a brush, it's like a hard cone shapes thing. It creates nothing but a thicker line and is hard to get anything thinner than thick! (if that makes sense) It has decent staying power but just was a big hassle to use.

Won't buy again despite it being so cheap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by SANot008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product sucks. Yes, its somewhat proof, I dont say water proof because I have oily eye lids and it smudged up to my crease and made me look like I had a black eye. It flakes and smudges and allows no room for error. Worst product ever!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2011 8:42:00 AM More reviews by luvnmakup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The felt tip is hard in my eye liner. When I apply it basically pokes my eye lid and hurts to put on the eye liner. It also draws a line within the liquid & the tip does not soften over time or despite attempts to dull. The eye liner does have good staying power but might flake if you have oily lids like me (even with use of primer). Also - h20 proof, it's tricky to get off and you'll definitely need a good dose of makeup remover. I like neutrogena eye make up remover in a bottle or the pads (those are soft)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I had read the review before purchasing this product. It is the worst liquid eyeliner I ever bought. While it has some nice qualities such as being very water-proof, it flakes like crazy.
PRO: water-proof (like really! you kind of need to rub really hard, even with eye make up remover, to get this eyeliner out)
CON: hard-to use tip - it's so bulky and hard to use
- flakes like crazy.. and it's hard to erase.. it made my face look like I have crazy moles
- the formula is watery and sticky..
- it clump your eye lashes together
- the first and second time i put it on, my eyes were itchy and irritated/

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by KneeJonsie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

To be honest, this product as an eyeliner SUCKS. I can't emphasize that enough. It's streaky, watery, and in no way smudge-proof. Now, the reason I gave it so many lippies is because I DON'T use it as an eyeliner. Instead, I use it to fill in my brows, and for that purpose, this product is PURR-FECT! I've got this product in 882, which is a black-brown, and matches my brows very well. To use this as your brow-filler, I first suggest getting two angled brushes (I use EcoTools Bamboo Angled Eyeliner Brush which can be bought for $3.19 at drugstore.com) because this product is damn near impossible for me to wash out, so use one for your brows and one for your eyeliner just to be safe. You're also going to need this product in your color (duh lol) and and a tissue for blotting. Gather the product on both sides and the tips of your brush by wiping on the STEM of the eyeliner (the part just before the felt-tip brush). Blot your brush on your tissue to get rid of the excess. To fill in my brows, I usually start at the arch using short, soft strokes and go on through the end before going back to the beginning of my brow. To do the beginning of my brows, I turn the brush so that the angled hairs match the angle of my brow and gently press it in before sweeping outwards. The best part about this is that because this product is a liquid, it can also double as a brow gel. Boo yah! Doing your brows like this does take a bit of practice, but never fear! Take a Q-tip and dip into some azulene finishing oil (a .50 fl oz bottle of this comes with a Sally Hansan Hair Remover Wax Strip Kit) and wipe away! It's like magic! ((BTW- If anyone knows where to buy a stand-alone bottle of finishing oil, PLEASE let me know because the Strip Kit is absolutely useless to me...)) Anyways, hopes that helps!! ((And if any of you need a visual because my tips were confusing, go to YouTube and look up xPrincessJessex for her video "GET THE PREFECT EYEBROWS." That's where I got the liquid-liner-to-brow-filler idea, although the finishing oil was entirely my stroke of genius lol)) Good luck, ladies! PS- I do !!NOT!! recommend using the finishing oil to remove your actual eye makeup as this is not its intended purposes and you may end up seriously harming yourself.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by DolledUpandCo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This eye liner smells like paint thinner and made my eye water just holding the eye liner to the eye. While I admit it is very water proof, there is no room for mistake because once it's on, it's on. So if you mess up, you're either going to wear it that way or use a heavy duty makeup remover to remove the whole eye and start over. It also gets in the lashes and then your mascara looks clumpy because you cannot get that out either. It seemed to dry crusty on my eye.

In my opinion I think this liner would be better used by artists on clients because of it being easier to apply from a different angle that way you don't get any on the lashes. I think I will use it on other people just not myself.

If you're looking for a liquid liner that doesn't come off for like 3 days then this is it. But be careful putting it on!