October 21, 2014 | 1234 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Umayuo

I am not one wears make up often. On average, I wear mascara once a week. I have a huge collection of them though through buying or been given or just samples. I have to say this is the only one that does not smudge what so ever. I tries using other mascaras such as benefit or Lancôme or ysl together with Clarins eye brow and mascara coating, even those combi can't beat the zero smudge performance of this one. I absolutely hate anything that smudges because it makes the made up face look dirty and cheap. In terms of lengthing yes it does lengthening so is a plus. The only thing it doesn't do is volumising your eyelashes but if you want to have a clean, defined and natural look then it will be perfect for you. For special occasions I always use the ester launders eyelash primer first then use a different mascara such as Lancôme or ysl then apply talika eye lash fibre then last coat the double wear zero smudge. Then you will have a fluttery eyelashes which is not going to randomly smudge everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by chara68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge. I touch my eyes a lot during the day & everything else I've tried leaves me with major panda eyes.
Love the fact it rinses off with warm water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am quite fickle when it comes to mascaras despite finding something I am happy with I always want to try something new. When I was running low on my usual mascara, I decided to pick this up. It's not terrible but it's not great either, a mediocre mascara. I give it props for not ever smudging on me because I have oily lids and nothing ever seems to stay put. There's no wow factor to it and it definitely can't seem to hold my curl. This mascara dried out very fast, probably in about 2 months? It doesn't add a whole lot of length either but adds quite a bit of pigmentation. Back to the drawing board!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG for me. Everything smudges on me except for this. I'm not crazy about the price but the fact that it stays put without smudging or flaking is worth it's weight in gold.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yet another "tubing" type mascara that just won't stay on lashes and falls off before its supposed to. Tons of flakes end up all on top of my cheeks and fall into my eyes to irritate them like crazy. Can't understand why they advertise it as 15 hour wear?? Maybe its because I have oily skin but I don't have trouble with the wear of most regular mascaras. For the price I was surprised it gave almost NO volume, curl or blackness, and I found it clumped lashes together :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by susismiles

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How refreshing: a mascara that stays put, doesn't smudge or flake, looks fab throughout a long day and washes off with warm water.

I cannot cannot cannot wear most mascaras, as so many just result in smudges - sometimes to embarrassing levels. So many, gorgeous mascaras were failures: Lancome, Dior, benefit, etc. Tubing and gel mascaras helped: Blinc, Clinique, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford and L'Oreal. None of them, though, held up to this with ease of application vs. finished look.

One of the best things: the SA took the time to educate me with this, demonstrating a firm "swirl" inside the tube before extracting the wand. This helps clear the brush of excess mascara and diminished clumps.

I'll post again to comment on longevity - this is the first week, but I'm loving it so far.

UPDATE: The tube didn't last long enough for the $$$ price to merit repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by sherlynnng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

1. It is truly waterproof and smudgeproof. The only mascara I've used so far that truly doesn't leave my lower eye lids blackened due to smudging after several hours of use. 2. The brush does lengthen the eye lashes, and accentuate every single strand of lash. 3. If it does dry out as mascara usually does, just add a couple of drops of saline solution into the bottle (the kind used for contact lenses) and the brush and mascara will be rejuvenated. Avoids clumping to occur.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara gets me through the day! Been using this mascara for about two years now. It does not smudge or flake, its very black, the wand is slim enough to get right to the roots. It does not give you lashes overloaded with product. They still look (and feel) kind of natural and separated which I really like. As with all Estee Lauder products, this is more on the expensive side (about EUR 24, sometimes cheaper with coupon). They also sometimes have kits that includes this mascara as well as their double wear concealer which is also very nice. A tube lasts about 8-10 Weeks, its a wet consistency and starts to get creamier over time. I do recommend it, if you like separated, long lasting lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by cantingcandrakirana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

PRO:
- Darken the lashes immediately (it's super black!)
- Does a decent job in lengthening

CONS:
Weighed down the lashes, hence I think it's more suitable for lower lashes. However when using this on my lower lashes, I get panda eyes. In short, it smudges.

I have this in sample size and will not purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Kofte

Have been using this for about 3 years now, definitely my HG mascara. Zero smudge and easy to put on, amazing for daily usage. It doesn't give that much volume, but I like natural make-up so that's not what I am looking for anyway. Lengthens a bit, have actually had several people asking if I used some sort of serum or had a few fake lashes in between, don't know about the curling effect since I always curl them, and seriously zero smudge. Price is okay, it's not too cheap and doesn't last too long, but its not ridiculously expensive either and certainly worth the money.

Comes off easily with warm water, no residue and stays on all day. Very suitable for contact lens wearers (have been using them for years before I lasered my eyes last year so I know the importance of a good, non crumbling mascara like no other).

Have been buying this over and over again. My lower eyelashes are pretty long and with other mascaras they either smudge into a cakey black layer or make me look like a doll. This one doesnt smudge and looks natural. Using this mascara, I have always had compliments about my eyes and people asking if İ used serum or where they could get fake lashes that look so natural because it doesnt crumble, nor looks heavy.

Would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a lasting, no smudge mascara that comes off easily with warm water. I have tried other mascaras that come off with warm water, amongst which one from Clinique and the beauty tubes from Loreal, but this one is definitely the best. I like the wand, it's basic and does what it's supposed to do. The mascara it at it's best after using it a few times, which I think of any mascara really, the first few times it's a little too wet to put on well, but that goes away in about a weeks time. Unlike the Loreal one, this doesnt harden your lashes and doesnt give that plastic feeling, actually it feels like you barely have mascara on.

I gave packaging 5 lippies, it's a regular mascara with a basic wand, the only con could be that it's a little bit small and doesn't last very long. Other Estee Lauder mascaras come in 5-10ML more, but I still gave 5 since you don't end up with a dried out mascara eventhough it's not empty yet. Since I used to wear contacts for many years, I have always been careful about the hygiene and throw away any mascara as soon as the brush starts to look dirty or dried out. With this one, this it around the time it's actually empty.

Absolutely love this mascara!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No