March 2, 2015 | 1240 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2015 6:18:00 PM More reviews by piggytoes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't use mascara often because I don't like the unnatural look it gives my eyes. However, I like this one because it's not overly dramatic and it doesn't smudge! However, I wouldn't apply more than 2 coats because that's when the mascara starts to make eyelashes look spidery or clump.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2015 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Georginaa

My first thought after trying this - "I HAVE to write a review on MUA asap"

Long story short, this is the only mascara that does not smudge on me.

Pros:
- As I said (and as the tube says), zero-smudge. I've tried Benefit, Clinique, Loreal, you name it...everything smudges after I yawn, giving raccoon eyes. Not this. I even gave it a harsh test by wearing it during shower and washing my hair (I tilt my head backwards so I didn't splash water on my eyes lol). Still. No. Smudge. Very impressed.
- You can wear this on your bottom lash. It's THAT water-proof.
- It really lengthens your lashes a lot and does not give a "fake" look. Great for everyday.
- It stays put once dry. No drooping of lashes whatsoever.
- The wand is quite small, so you can really get to the harder-to-reach/smaller lashes
- Buildable, so you get really long lashes!
- Easy to remove with a bit of makeup remover, surprisingly

Cons:
- No volume added. If you love volume do use the EL Sumptuous Mascara which is quite good (I also reviewed that on MUA!). But I find that wriggling the wand a bit on the root of the lashes gives a fuller lash effect.
- Lashes may clump together if too heavy-handed in application, particularly during the first few uses. How I solve it is by wiping the excess off with a cotton pad/bud/ tissue (but be careful not to let the cottony bits stick to your lashes!)
- It does not hold a curl very well. If you lashes point downwards naturally (like me), frankly, they will remain that way after the mascara. But it does not weigh lashes down if you apply it properly.

Verdict: If your eyes are quite watery and you love a great lengthening (but not volumizing) everyday mascara, this is literally The One. Worth the price really.

Pls kindly rate if you find it helpful/unhelpful, thanks so much! x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2015 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Rjmarm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am forever on the hunt and trying new mascara's, with this being my most recent purchase. Now this is just amazing and does exactly what it claims to do. No smudge and lengthening.

What I love about this product is that it's nice and black, and dramatically lengthens the lashes in one swipe. It is however not volumising, which I admit I love, instead of giving a fake lashes look, it gives a more subtle look, as if your eyelashes are nice and long naturally.

Whilst the product is on the more expensive side (especially in australia) it is worth the investment. If however you cannot justify the price, a great alternative is essence cosmetics ultra waterproof mascara which works pretty similar but retails for around $4.10.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Canankoc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried many times to give up on this products, but I always come back to it. I have very oily eye lids and most brands of mascara smudge in a few hours. But not this, I have done 48hours with this and not a single smudge. I have cried with it many times and again didnt have to worry about my mascara smudging. I wear contact lenses and have never had problems with this product.

Applies perfectly, never cakey or blotchy, isnt too thick so can layer it on and still get a natural feel.

If you want a natural, good quality, smudge free, mascara for daily use I really recommend this.

If you want something that will volumnise or lenghten lashes than this might not be the product for you. Doesnt give the thick fake lash effect other mascaras do.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 7:41:00 PM More reviews by elenakwan

I have really oily lids and a high cheek bones that tend to get oily. Whenever I smile or shut my eyes tighter, whatever mascara I am wearing - waterproof or normal - will rub off onto my under eyes. After discovering tubular mascaras, the first true one that I have ever purchased is this one. It really doesn't wear off no matter how oily I am. I am even brave enough to coat my lower lashes because I know this mascara won't budge.
I love how easy it is to remove. I wipe off all of my makeup excluding the lashes, then I splash some water over it (doesn't necessarily have to be lukewarm) and tug on it lightly with my fingers. It comes off very cleanly and doesn't leave any residue.
The only downside is that it really weighs down my lashes. I could curl them multiple times, apply a coat, curl, apply a coat - and the product will still weigh it down.
But nonetheless, I've found a way to work with it: I apply two coats of waterproof mascara (I use Maybelline Colossal Cat Waterproof) and coat the outer lashes with Double Wear Zero Smudge.
I really would like to give this mascara 4.5 if I could.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2015 8:32:00 AM More reviews by cimas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Excellent mascara. Finally a mascara that doesn't smudge and make my eyes red! Expensive but worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Umayuo

I am not one wears make up often. On average, I wear mascara once a week. I have a huge collection of them though through buying or been given or just samples. I have to say this is the only one that does not smudge what so ever. I tries using other mascaras such as benefit or Lancôme or ysl together with Clarins eye brow and mascara coating, even those combi can't beat the zero smudge performance of this one. I absolutely hate anything that smudges because it makes the made up face look dirty and cheap. In terms of lengthing yes it does lengthening so is a plus. The only thing it doesn't do is volumising your eyelashes but if you want to have a clean, defined and natural look then it will be perfect for you. For special occasions I always use the ester launders eyelash primer first then use a different mascara such as Lancôme or ysl then apply talika eye lash fibre then last coat the double wear zero smudge. Then you will have a fluttery eyelashes which is not going to randomly smudge everywhere!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by chara68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge. I touch my eyes a lot during the day & everything else I've tried leaves me with major panda eyes.
Love the fact it rinses off with warm water.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

I am quite fickle when it comes to mascaras despite finding something I am happy with I always want to try something new. When I was running low on my usual mascara, I decided to pick this up. It's not terrible but it's not great either, a mediocre mascara. I give it props for not ever smudging on me because I have oily lids and nothing ever seems to stay put. There's no wow factor to it and it definitely can't seem to hold my curl. This mascara dried out very fast, probably in about 2 months? It doesn't add a whole lot of length either but adds quite a bit of pigmentation. Back to the drawing board!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by rinne02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG for me. Everything smudges on me except for this. I'm not crazy about the price but the fact that it stays put without smudging or flaking is worth it's weight in gold.