July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Shampoo - Cantu - shea butter shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBead

This ultra moisturizing shampoo is great for dry hair. I typically wash twice then use the conditioner. This can be used for both relaxed (chemically straightened ethnic hair) or natural hair textures. The Cantu product line is great for dry hair types seeking more moisture. The smell is good, not bad at all. This is a keeper for sure!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the smell of this. It isn't very moisturizing, I kinda thought it was a bit light for my hair. It didn't lather very much either, but then, I didn't lose A LOT of hair either! Most shampoos are doing that lately, and really, I can't lose any more hair or I'm soon to be bald. I guess I should check out some wigs right about now...........Anyway, it doesn't leave my hair greasy or limp. My hair feels and looks cleaner than it has in a long time. So, I guess it's working, just wished it was much more "moisturizing". I have straight hair that is coarse, dry, and brittle. It breaks easily and falls out every chance it gets. Finding a good shampoo and conditioner is a struggle, but this is better than a lot of others claiming to moisturize, such as Finesse or my old fav, Mane 'n Tail, or anything from Suave, or V05. I could name a crap load of others, but I'm having a brain fog moment and can't remember. I used this along with the conditioner and then slathered on A LOT of the leave in conditioner. Hair feels soft and smells nice. Stickin' with this trio until I know of anything else! Got my trio at Walgreens, where each was $4.99. NOT BAD!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Good for very, very dry hair. Inexpensive.
This is found in the African-American hair section in my Walmart.

CONS: This is not good unless you need only gentle cleansing. Not in love with the smell, but it's okay.

ALTERNATE: If you want something with a little more cleansing power but still very gentle, try Weightless Conditioning Shampoo by Motions. Organic Root Stimulator's Olive Oil Shampoo (also found in the African-American section at my Walmart) is a bit gentler. I do not like the conditioner in this line because of the scent. It's much worse than the scent in this shampoo..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim when I went out of town and realized I left my shampoo.

It's a pretty good shampoo, but kind of runny. The smell is sweet, but not sickly so and goes away when you rinse. It detangles very well even thought I don't find it very moisturizing.

I won't buy it again because I have no reason to after I use all of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by TopModelBELLA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I just got this product yesterday and I used it today. Omg it was horrible on my hair it really made my hair feel like hay really dry dreadlock kinda look ewww I hate the smell it leaves in the shower . I'm hesitant to try this product t one more time . Also after I washed it off I used the conditioner as well and that was no help ( read review on conditioner ) yuck hate this stuff so far

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect for natural and/or texturized hair! Leaves my hair feeling *moisturized*, and that's exactly what my hair badly needs!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an effective, cheap shampoo that is not only moisturizing, but cleansing. Perfect for those with wavy or curly hair. Plus, it smells like a tropical drink. I found mine at Walmart and other ethnic beauty supply stores. While I wouldn't use this everyday for my meduim textured hair becasue it might weigh it down, I would use this as a treat for when my hair gets a little dry.