OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

4.5

on 7/11/2015 8:53:00 PM

Gorgeous! Deep navy blue shimmer, dries to a super-shiny finish and it looks AMAZING on the nail. This is one of my favorite OPI's and it's a must-have if you're into blue polishes at all.
Excellent formula. Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear.
I love this one and I'd definitely buy it again. Recommended!

on 11/27/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I like this better than Russian Navy. It's a pretty dark navy shimmer. So intriguing and different.

on 8/17/2013 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I liked Blue Satin by Chanel and while reading the reviews on that someone said that this one was better, so I bought it.
The price is more affordable, but is still a bit pricy. The color is amazing and I actually tried on the shop the two of them and choose this one because is not so dark like blue satin and has that metallic I was looking for.
Love love this, perfect for winter

on 7/13/2013 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Stains my nails and cuticles even with a base coat. Not worth it.

on 6/3/2013 5:39:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

The price was decent and the polish went on my nails well enough, but the color was not good. It came out very dark and had an almost dusty look when it dried. I tried to apply top coat to it, but even then it still looked more like a stain on my nails than a polish. The bottle color was nice so it's a shame it didn't come out the same way for me.

on 4/12/2013 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Yoga-ta get this blue is a gorgeous navy blue shimmer... Dark while still clearly being blue... Despite the gorgeous colour I had troupe with the application of this polish... Like a few previous reviewers have said, it is rather difficult to apply... Slips and slides everywhere... Quite streaky and stains the skin around my nails... Didn't find that it wore particularly well either... Only got a few days out of it before chips started occurring... It's a gorgeous colour if you cab get passed the pain in the ass application :)

on 2/10/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a beautiful blue no two ways about it but I have to agree with one previous reviewer who said it slides and stains your circles when removing it and for me it also can slip there when you are painting it on despite my best efforts to be careful. So its a no repurchase from me.

on 1/8/2013 10:50:00 PM

This is one of if not the best navy polish out there. Goes on so smooth and is a super dark navy color. Russian navy almost looks black too me while this one defiantly looks navy but still super dark. I hear a lot if raves about that Russian navy but this would be my first choice!! Love love! Iam going to get another bottle!

on 1/2/2013 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Beautiful dark royal shimmer, not as dark as Russian Navy, just a shade lighter. Applies very smoothly with no streaks, and almost opaque in one coat. Very versatile color as I find dark blue goes with everything. As always, OPI's formula and wear are really winners for me, and the price is justifiable at Ulta or JCP salon with deals and coupons.

on 12/8/2012 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a very pretty, dark blue, with a nice, slightly silvery shimmer effect. Only takes two coats to get good coverage, but, unfortunately, for me the cleanup is horrible. I have very pale skin and for whatever reason, the pigments in this just get everywhere on my hands and cuticles no matter what kind of polish remover I use or what method I use to remove it. It does wash off with soap and a nail brush, but... yuck. Dark blue pigment everywhere, what a mess.

I also found out that unless I wear a top coat with this, it chips very quickly and very significantly (I put on a second coat and let it dry without the benefit of a quick-dry top coat, because I was intending to do some nail art on the base, but the chipping started so quickly I was kind of shocked). With a top coat, it lasts appropriately without undue chipping, though.

I also find the formula a bit tricky (as I do with a number of OPI polishes, unfortunately). You need to be pretty quick with your strokes or you end up overlapping and it can bubble as underlying layer dries. I can't think of many things more unattractive than bubbles in a shimmer nail polish. Bleah.

On the plus side, I recently found through experimentation that this polish works extremely well for nail stamping (with metal plates, i.e., Konad-style stamping), as do several other OPI shimmers I tested. This is an unexpected bonus and does raise my estimation of this polish.

I can't say if I'll buy this again, to be honest. I might, because it is very pretty, but at the same time, the formula kind of annoys me, so... Maybe if I find it on sale. ;)

Popular Polishes