August 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Flying Dragon

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by brittneyxoxo

Not overly satisfied with this nail polish.
In the bottle you see a nice purple color with blue glitter.
while putting it on the nails i noticed it was shear ( 2-3 coats needed)
the color comes out quite darker than expected
Very matte
i wouldn't say top coat helps in anyway
The texture is quite rough
it chips easy

10/10 DONT recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ELS75

Tried it once then threw it in the trash...where it belongs.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ilovemac03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colour is nice, the formula is total crap, really thin, and chipped within hours of putting it on with base coat and top coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by StilaKat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the bottle, this is a gorgeous medium purple with purply-blue sparkles; once on your nails, however, this becomes a dull, lifeless, lacklustre deep purple without even a hint of sparkle. The matte finish makes it even more boring. A very disappointing nail polish indeed. Don't waste your money on this crap.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by StaceyIsSpecial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard really good things about china Glaze nail polish and I wanted to try it out for myself. Flying Dragon was the first I bought. It looked incredibly nice in the bottle so I had high hopes that it would be just as nice when applied. Just to clarify, it did not say that it was neon on the bottle, so I expected a nice shiny finish. It took around three coats for full coverage and when it dried, it dried very dark and matte, the glitter which was visible whist in the bottle appeared to have disappeared as polish dried. I hoped that applying a clear top coat (Sally Hansen - Invisible) would rectify the issue, however, whilst it was now shiny, the colour was still incredibly dark and there appeared to be no trace of the glitter. I am beginning to believe that there are in fact two versions of this polish, a neon purple version which applies perfectly with the glitter visible and the purple-magenta version which dries very dull and downright unappealing. I have since bought other colours from China Glaze and have had no issues with those, so I'm hoping that this colour was just a flue.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one was a disappointment. The various photos I'd seen around the web really got my hopes up about Flying Dragon, but I felt pretty let down. Mine's not as purple as everyone's photos seem to show, so maybe I got a bad batch. Mine is a bold magenta-leaning semi-purple with blue and red glitter. Unique in my book. Knowing that neons are generally matte, this polish still felt extremely odd with a matte finish. Not the easiest to apply either, so you've got to work quickly. (I'm thinking I'm just not a matte finish person.) Anyway, a shiny top coat works wonders for it, but it still seems to lack the depth I thought it would have. Like most mattes, it chips quite easily after a day or two, which is kind of a hassle. Meh, maybe I'm just feeling bitter... but I'm sure there'll come a time where I'll try this on again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by SEHavens

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this for summer since it's a bright neon purple color, I like to change it up from oranges, blues, and reds. I really love the color, though mine does not look as true purple as the picture on the previous posters. I would describe it as more magenta with blue shimmer. It does dry matte (which I think looks horrible on me), but I apply Seche Vite dry fast top coat and it just shines. It looks very "squishy" with 2-3 coats and is a very easy application. I think most mattes are. I like China glaze, but I'm not real fond of the bottle...My favorite bottle is Nicole. It's just easier for me to handle when applying. That's the reason for the 3. I would buy this again. It's a fun color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by JuniaIris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my first time writing a review for nail polish. I was really surprised by how many negative reviews for this polish there were and I wanted to add a positive one.
First, the bottle is clearly marked on the bottom as neon. I don't know if this is a feature that only newer bottles have, but it's WELL known that all neons dry matte. It is not the fault of the polish or China Glaze that you as a consumer can't be bothered to look at the bottom of the bottle or do your research.
Anyway, the version of Flying Dragon I have is the very red-based purple version. In the bottle it's very vibrant and there are reddish and blue glitters throughout. I found the formula to be really easy to work with, with no cuticle drag or pulling at the tips. It was the perfect consistency, pleasantly thick and not drippy at all.
It took three coats to get full opacity. This polish dries extremely quickly, like most mattes do, but I found it even easier to apply it because by the time I finished putting on one coat, the nails were dry and ready for the second.
The matte color is a pretty dark, murky purple, and pretty gritty. I actually think it's a pretty interesting color but I wouldn't wear it like that because it's too prone to chipping.
Once you put on a topcoat (like you should always do to extend the life of your manicure!) the color transforms to be pretty much exactly like the bottle color - maybe a shade darker - and the glitter becomes much more prominent. It's a unique, extremely pretty shade and if I ever run out of my bottle I will definitely repurchase.
The reason this got a 4/5 is because I used two coats of topcoat and it's still vaguely textured. If that doesn't bother you, great, but if it does be aware. Also, on the end of my nails it's extremely gritty because I wrap the tips and the topcoat just couldn't deal with it. It looks great unless you get super up close and personal with it, but I am a perfectionist so it's probably my issue alone.
All in all this is a pretty fantastic polish and the people who are so shocked and disgusted it was matte really need to do their research!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by fredinbed

I love this colour. I don't think I've seen a nail polish like it before so I had to snap it up. I think I might have the pinkier version but I can't be sure because colours like this don't photograph very accurately. None of the swatches that I've seen look at all like my bottle does applied to the nail.

After wearing this a few times I have increased my score. It needs a couple of coats of a shiny top coat to really bring it out, but now I've worked the application out I love it. I still don't think the glitter is completely necessary but I no longer loath it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

Right now I have this on my toes and I don't want to take it off. I guess this is one of those colors that has different versions. I have the version that says neon on the label. At first I was leery because when I put it on it didn't look anywhere near the color in the bottle. As soon as I put on the top coat it went from ugly duckling to beautiful. this has become one of my favorite colors.