August 1, 2014 | 1747 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation in Fair

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by iceymeng

I don't know what the difference between the brown package and the black. I tried both. I am NC20 and the fair looks muddy on me. I used the real technique buffering brush and applied two layers. Had to wash it off my face immediately. Bad redish grey color on my face. Yuk

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by sheila12344321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this over my liquid foundation...as a setting powder. I use a matte liquid, so this powder gives me back some color.

Pros:
--The mix of color gives my pale, neutral skin a bit of color. I guess it really DOES balance and brighten.
--will last a LONG time, even with daily use

Cons:
--Feels heavy, even with a light hand
--price

Summary: I think Physicians Formula makes a powder compact that is made up of varied colors. I might try that, in order to save some money. However, if it doesn't perform as well--or if it feels heavier--I'll continue to purchase LG.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I have been a long time mineral foundation user (loose type). However I got tired of the mess loose foundation powder leaves on my sink. I discovered Laura Geller foundation in a kit I purchased at ULTA "baby cakes". That kit came with medium...which only works when I'm sporting a tan.

So I ending up trying this foundation in Fair. It is sheer to light coverage, which works for me. I don't mind to cover my occasional blemish to a little concealer if necessary in addition to this foundation. Buff and blends nicely. Far cleaner and less messy than loose powder.

I'd say it's a satin finish. I use my bare minerals full flawless brush to apply, the kabuki if I need more coverage. It is my daily foundation for work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by lcagcaoili

This is an awesome product! It has great coverage and does amazing with the ruddiness on the skin as how it claims. It makes my skin really smooth! Does not cake up and it has a nice satin finish that does brighten your face without it looking shiny or anything like that. I also like how compact it is and how you can see the product from the window but still having a decent sized mirror inside.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by dterrob

Whoever is in charge of choosing the packaging and aesthetic look to Laura Geller products, they deserve a medal. Laura Geller make up always looks amazing and I'm always drawn to it. I've had my eye on the Balance and Brighten powder in porcelain for a while. I don't know what it is, but I'm drawn to it. It's intended to be a foundation, but I always end up using powders like this over other make up (tinted moisturizer and concealer), so I can't speak for how this is as a lone foundation. It's pretty sheer so I don't imagine it being great, but then again, I didn't like bareminerals as a foundation (or powder over other make up either) and I'm in the minority on that, so take what I say with a great big grain of salt. And worn over concealer and tinted moisturizer, this stuff is pretty great! It doesn't keep my nose and chin from getting shiny for long, but it sets my make up nicely. It's lasted a long, long time. I think I've had it for a year, give or take, and I use it every day, still haven't hit the pan. It's a little pricey, but I may buy it again. I was convinced to buy this when the salesgirl at Ulta saw me looking at it and said she was wearing it. Her skin looked really pretty and I was immediately convinced to buy it. I don't like how it looks powdery sometimes, but aside from that I really like this product and how it looks on my skin. I may repurchase, but by the time I finish what I have, I might find something else cheaper and better. But for now, I would recommend it to people wanting a nice, pale finishing powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

I am medium complected, but cannot wear the Medium shade, because it makes my face look like I have a fake tan on, which is not the look I want. So, when Fair came out I tried it. It gives sheer-to-light build able coverage. In no way, can I use this as a foundation. As, it just doesn't provide enough coverage. Therefore, I would always use it as a finishing powder. Over the years, Laura Geller's Balance-n-Brighten has gone through a variety of formulation changes. And, yes, I've tried each one. Never saw a big difference between any of them.

The powder doesn't provide much oil control, so I would always have to touch up during the day. It looks great on my face after an hour or two. But, it normally oxidizes as the day wears on. And, then at the end of the day, I find my face looking a shade darker and on the orangey side as well.

I don't see any real balancing or brightening that it does for my face anyways. I can say that I have given this foundation a fair amount of chances, but I do not plan to re-purchase this product again.

Also, I feel that the price that's being charged for this powder is unreal. The quality is lacking with most of Laura Geller's products. Which is why, I don't plan on buying from her line anymore.

However, I must say that I will continue to watch Laura Geller on QVC when she's on, just won't be buying anything though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

I bought this compact two years ago as part of a QVC set, put it away and forgot about it. It is the Fair with SPF. My skin is currently NC25-30/light olive now that summer is over. I have yellow undertones with the odd area of pinkiness. I dug it out this morning and dusted it lightly over my full coverage semi-matte foundation. All I can say is WOW! It looks polished, dewy and gorgeous. The shade looks pale in the pan apart from the darker swirls but absolutely matches my skintone. I can't believe I forgot I had this until today. I think I can safely say I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by cewkittylover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love how natural this line is! I hate looking like I caked on makeup and the Balance n Brighten gives my skin the soft minimum coverage it needs.

BUT, I noticed that if I happen to go over my face more than once with its accompanying brush, I turn orange. So I would purchase this again, but am crossing my fingers an even light color will come out in the near future, for the days where I need more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by knitsnbytes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't wear mineral makeup, tried Smashbox Halo, which is good but a bit drying. This powder foundation really does what it says--it balances and brightens my mature skin (not many fine wrinkles, normal-dry.) Fair works for me in winter, but it is a bit pale for summer so I switch to Light, which is a bit yellower and darker. When I put this on with a big brush over Spackle or a primer from DHC, my skin becomes even in tone, but not caked with foundation, which is a problem I have with most liquid fnd. It's easy to reapply and carry. For travel, I find this ideal as it's not a liquid and it won't spill or be an issue for TSA. I've repurchased about three times, so I guess I like it. It lasts a long time, too. Easy to adjust how much to apply, and I find a larger powder brush (not the retractable that comes with it) ideal for application.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by Miltonh81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just ok, the ok is for that it gives a nice flawless finish but I do have to use it over a foundation, the b&b is not enough coverage for my oily open pored skin at all even with my primer. My main issue is that every time I use it my face and neck become itchy and I get red patches of skin I do have quite a sensitive skin but I didn't think that the powder would upset it. I rarely use it now and have switched to bare minerals which is a huge 5 lippies for me!. I think this would be a great foundation for those with a good skin tone needing a slight coverage.