July 24, 2014 | 1847 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The cream has a nice rich texture which doesn't make me feel greasy. It takes a few minutes for the cream to sink in, but after that the skin feels nicely soft and supple. The product didn't seem to break me out.
The biggest drawback about the cream is the scent. It smells quite heavy even though they claim the product contains only natural components.
I also wish the packaging was a pump and not a regular jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Revenue

Here are two reviews, one for new version of this cream and other for old version

*NEW VERSION:
Usually when a cosmetic product is changed - the change is really minimal and sometimes you barely notice it. However, in this case, the product is totally changed and there's zero similarity between new and old version.
While I didn't like the old version at all - the new one is totally opposite - it's great! Texture is still like mousse but it's much more "airy" and lighter. Also, it completely sinks into your skin really fast and makes it matt which is great for people with combination skin! It is perfect for my combination skin when it needs extra hydration, like in winter months.
Smell is really, and I mean REALLY strong, I never had a moisturizer with such a strong scent, but it really smells amazing - like your face is bathing in flowers! I especially like using this as a night cream mostly because of this gorgeous smell which really helps to relax and fall asleep :)
I also really like the new jar design, it looks very luxurious.
There's only one thing I don't like about this cream - if you rub it into your skin too much it will start to peel, and I hate creams which are like that because I really like to rub moisturizers in my skin to give my face a mini massage and to make sure that the product sinks into my skin as much as possible. With this cream - you don't want to do that.
So that's why I give this 4/5

*OLD VERSION:
On the box it says this is emulsion but do not be fooled - this is a cream, and a very thick one indeed.
It has a really unique texture, like a mousse or whipped cream, and because of that it's a bit tricky to get it on your finger, but that's not a big issue.
Main flaw of this cream is that it's really thick, I have no idea how they can call this emulsion. It does kinda emulsify when you start rubbing it on your skin, but no matter how small amount I put on my face - it never sinks in completely and leaves my face greasy. I think this cream could be good for people with dry skin, but it's deffinitely too heavy for normal or combination skin.
I didn't like the scent in the beginning but after a few days I got used to it and now I really LOVE it - it has a nice herbal scent, something between citrus fruit and pine, a bit unusual but really pleasant once you get used to it. Scent is not too strong so you won't even feel it after a few minutes (unlike other Nuxe moisturisers that have really strong scent).

I'd never purchase this cream again because it's way too heavy for my skin and it made my face break out like crazy. It's a shame because there's so much natural plant extracts in this product, but my face just didn't like it at all. In the end I had no other option than to use it as a hand/foot cream so I have to give it 2/5 because of that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first Nuxe product and I have been desperately trying to fix my skin which has become a major pain to take
care off these days. Previously I could getaway with using anything without having to worry about breakouts. Initially I thought this product was causing my skin to breakout, after a lot of trial and error found the root cause and after eliminating that particular item off my routine..I think I can safely say my skin is doing much better. I have normal skin prone to breakouts/redness.Back to this product, its a very rich cream, a little goes a long way also has a flowery scent which doesn't bother me. This is a very good product for the winter but cant say how it would work during the summer. Will update on that later.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rubberhead001

Love this product! Love its smell and it helps me survive the driest weather. Girls, I am talking about Canada! Can't live without it~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i love nuxe products in general but this cream smelt weird to me, and was so off putting i didn't want to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Crème fraîche is a great moisturizer! I like to use in the summer because it's fresh a little! It leaves your skin super soft,fresh,moisturized,hydrated! Over all,great cream for summer! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this one as I was out of my normal moisturizer, and I must say that I wasn't overwhelmed. It just dosn't do anything...

It has a nice smell and I used it overnight as it's quite thick. I'm not going to buy it again when I'm done with this jar

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

very good moisturizer for the winter and it has a wonderful scent. It never caused break outs.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by cmyklamb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a brilliant cream with superb moisturizing properties. I use this only at night because it is very moisturizing and can be a bit heavy. The texture is like a lovely whipped mousse, it may look and feel very thick when you first scoop it out, but as you blend it just emulsifies and melts into the skin. It is scented, as with all of Nuxe's products, but it is very subtle and has a nice, soothing herbal scent.

This does not break me out and makes my skin so radiant in the morning. I wake up with my skin feeling plumped and hydrated. It is a must for the wintertime or a dry climate. Although the heavy glass jar feels nice, I have to say a pump would be so much better. I use a little spatula to scoop some out, and I recommend this method rather than using fingers not only for sanitary reasons, but also because the texture of this is kind of fluffy and bouncy, so it kind of moves around when you try to scoop it with your finger. A spatula is definitely necessary in this case.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

i m dry combination skin type which is also acne prone and dehydrated, got this as a sample and only tried it one nite and the next morning i woke up with a few more pimples on my extra greasy face.