Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

3.9

aqua(water),glycerin,butylene glycol,cyclomethicone,octyldodecanol,dimethicone,boron nitride,hydrogenated vegetable oil,hydroxyethyl urea,simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil,PPG-20 methyl glucose,sesquistearate,xylitylglucosides,cetearyl alcohol,methyl glucose sesquistearate,anhydroxylitol,corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil,triticum vulgare (wheat) seed extract,opuntia vulgaris (cactus) extract,jasminum officinale (jasmine) extract,aloe barbadensis leaf extract,camellia sinesis leaf extract,saccharinum officinarium (sugar cane) extract,punica granatum extract,acacia senegal gum,cyathea medullaris leaf extract,bambusa vulgaris extract,avena strigosa seed xtract,camellia kissi seed oil,cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, glycine soya (soybean) oil,glycine soya (soybean) seed extract,helianthus annuus(sunflower) seed oil,lupinus albus seed extract,pisum sativum (pea) extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) fruit extract,prunus amygdalus dulcis(sweet almond) oil,robinia pseudacacia flower extract,,algin,hydrohyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate,copolymer,tocopherol,xylitol,dimethicone crosspolymer,propylene glycol,squalane,phenoxyethanol,polyacrylate-13,acetylated glycol stearate,tristearin,methylpropanediol,polyisobutene,CI77891 (titaium dioxide),,allantoin,polysorbate 60,lecithin,chlorphenesin,tetrasodium EDTA,tromethamine,glycolic acid,dosodium EDTA,ethylhexylglycerin,tocopheryl succinate,polysorbate 20,citric acid,lactic acid,malic acid,decarboxy carnosine HCL,serine,sodium methylPARABEN, propylPARABEN, isobutylPARABEN,butylPARABEN, ethylPARABEN, methylPARABEN,ascorbic acis,sodium benzoate,parfum (fragrance),geraniol,limonene,linalool.

on 6/23/2015 4:44:00 AM

First off, the ingredient list provided here is for the original version of this product. It has been reformulated, and, although it still contains a lot of the original ingredients, it is now paraben-free. The scent is still a rather strong orange blossom fragrance as well. I have used a travel tube of this and just started on a jar. So far, I like it much better than the original formula (which somehow managed to stay tacky and peel up and flake off at the same time). The new version has a whipped texture and sinks in beautifully. I have super sensitive skin that dries out easily but breaks out easily, too. I also have rosacea acne, and this is one of the few things I've found that doesn't flare it up. It's quite soothing, in fact. I will update after using it for a longer period of time, but for now I'm very pleased with it's moisturizing and soothing qualities.

on 5/4/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, so I bought this moisturiser a couple of months ago when my skin as very dehydrated. My skin is combination, mostly normal in the Winter and more combination in the Summer and Spring. I know this moisturiser is meant for normal skin, therefore, I will remain objective and consider that it might not be the right product for my skin type.

The first thing I noticed about this moisturiser is the smell. It smells very strongly of orange blossom. At first I didn't like the smell, then it grew on me... and then I started to find it overwhelming. It is just too much for a face product. Yes, orange blossom is a nice and happy smell but I just don't see the need/point of having so much fragrance in a face product.

Results wise, this moisturiser hydrates very well and despite its initial thick consistency, it melts into the skin nicely. It feels soothing and nice going on. However, it soon proved to be too rich for me. It has coconut oil as the second ingredient which could be one of the reasons as why this turned out to be clogging on my skin. It didn't break me out horribly or anything, but I got more and more clogged pores and finally decided to use it up on my neck. To be fair, by the then I was also sick of the strong smell on my face.

Mine was a 30 ml tube. I always find that Nuxe's tubes are not very well thought because eventually it takes all my might to squeeze the product out. And a lot more product than needed comes out, which is a waste.

Overall, I believe this is a nice moisturiser for people who have true normal skin or otherwise are not prone to breaking out. Due to the very strong fragrance, I believe only people who like fragrance heavy cosmetics will truly enjoy this product long term. I will not repurchase because I don't like the scent and it is not suitable for my skin type.

on 4/25/2015 9:47:00 AM

This cream is quite nice for the spring and summer months, offering moisturization without that greasy feeling that sometimes accompanies a cream. I use the heavier version of this in the winter and this one in the summer. I find the fragrance in this product to be a little too strong for my taste. It would be better if Nuxe could tone it down a little, to make it more tolerable for those with sensitive skin. The jar packaging is large and occupies a lot of space. While beautiful to look at, I am not convinced that this is the best packaging for the product overall. I would not repurchase this product since I already have several other products that I prefer over this, but this is a solid product for someone with relatively normal skin and a tolerance for fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am about to run out, I bought this quickly when I was visiting Paris because I didn't have a moisturizer, so grabbed this. I was surprised how nicely it smelled, first of all. It doesn't break me out and keeps my skin hydrated which I need. I live in a hot country and that along with the salty water dries my skin out, this is pretty amazing. I swear by French pharmacy brands. Will definitely re-purchase once I run out.

on 12/19/2014 1:17:00 AM

This is my day and night moisturizer that I can't live without. I was able to buy this on sale in HK. The moisturizer beautifully sinks in my skin making it very supple and DOES NOT make my acne prone skin breakout. I like the scent, not overpowering. Since this one is in a jar, make sure you have clean fingers before dipping it in this creamy goodness or use a small spatula which you can buy at any drugstore. Overall, great product from Nuxe.

on 10/17/2014 2:19:00 PM

Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute is one of Nuxe's classic products.

The original version was in a larger jar and had an unctuous texture - but this reformulated version does not disappoint either. It has a more "fondant" and silky texture than the original version. And its still has excellent moisturizing powers.

Sometimes when companies reformulate a product, they completely change it but its a delight to see that Nuxe has actually upgraded the new moisturizer and not only does it feel great but it is has even more benefits and is now extra suitable for sensitive skins. Kudos to Nuxe for that achievement.

The cream has a delightful floral aroma of white orange flowers that makes it a pleasure to use every day. After application the skin is left vibrant, relaxed, supple and radiant. And you only need a tiny amount as the cream skinks easily into the skin.

Perhaps the only downside, is the lack of a sunscreen. But Nuxe is not the only natural company not to include one in their products. At least Nuxe does not green wash like other companies who claim to be natural when they are anything but, or when they still use the kind of synthetic ingredients that many people would like to avoid. Therefore, it might be advisable to wear a separate sunscreen over the top (or under if you so wish) if you daily make-up does not contain any. Men should also be considering a sunscreen for daily skin protection no matter what they use. Either way, a company like Nuxe may well add protective elements to their creams in the future and some quarters actually claim that a separate sunscreen is advisable anyway.

Nuxe is a company with great credentials and each product seems to do exactly what it promises. But for the aromas which some people might find off putting, Nuxe is perfect for sensitive skins or those who want excellent, natural skin care that really delivers.

on 9/19/2014 3:20:00 PM

Got this in France,so way way cheaper than what u pay here in the uk. I have to say I like the smell the texture of the creme. If I use it alone it is fine for a moisturiser but I normally use serums and oils before my creme. For some reason the creme just won't sink in and end up curling up on my face ... Really want to like it but won't buy it again.

The cream has a nice rich texture which doesn't make me feel greasy. It takes a few minutes for the cream to sink in, but after that the skin feels nicely soft and supple. The product didn't seem to break me out.
The biggest drawback about the cream is the scent. It smells quite heavy even though they claim the product contains only natural components.
I also wish the packaging was a pump and not a regular jar.

on 4/9/2013 12:52:00 PM

Here are two reviews, one for new version of this cream and other for old version

*NEW VERSION:
Usually when a cosmetic product is changed - the change is really minimal and sometimes you barely notice it. However, in this case, the product is totally changed and there's zero similarity between new and old version.
While I didn't like the old version at all - the new one is totally opposite - it's great! Texture is still like mousse but it's much more "airy" and lighter. Also, it completely sinks into your skin really fast and makes it matt which is great for people with combination skin! It is perfect for my combination skin when it needs extra hydration, like in winter months.
Smell is really, and I mean REALLY strong, I never had a moisturizer with such a strong scent, but it really smells amazing - like your face is bathing in flowers! I especially like using this as a night cream mostly because of this gorgeous smell which really helps to relax and fall asleep :)
I also really like the new jar design, it looks very luxurious.
There's only one thing I don't like about this cream - if you rub it into your skin too much it will start to peel, and I hate creams which are like that because I really like to rub moisturizers in my skin to give my face a mini massage and to make sure that the product sinks into my skin as much as possible. With this cream - you don't want to do that.
So that's why I give this 4/5

*OLD VERSION:
On the box it says this is emulsion but do not be fooled - this is a cream, and a very thick one indeed.
It has a really unique texture, like a mousse or whipped cream, and because of that it's a bit tricky to get it on your finger, but that's not a big issue.
Main flaw of this cream is that it's really thick, I have no idea how they can call this emulsion. It does kinda emulsify when you start rubbing it on your skin, but no matter how small amount I put on my face - it never sinks in completely and leaves my face greasy. I think this cream could be good for people with dry skin, but it's deffinitely too heavy for normal or combination skin.
I didn't like the scent in the beginning but after a few days I got used to it and now I really LOVE it - it has a nice herbal scent, something between citrus fruit and pine, a bit unusual but really pleasant once you get used to it. Scent is not too strong so you won't even feel it after a few minutes (unlike other Nuxe moisturisers that have really strong scent).

I'd never purchase this cream again because it's way too heavy for my skin and it made my face break out like crazy. It's a shame because there's so much natural plant extracts in this product, but my face just didn't like it at all. In the end I had no other option than to use it as a hand/foot cream so I have to give it 2/5 because of that.

on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my first Nuxe product and I have been desperately trying to fix my skin which has become a major pain to take
care off these days. Previously I could getaway with using anything without having to worry about breakouts. Initially I thought this product was causing my skin to breakout, after a lot of trial and error found the root cause and after eliminating that particular item off my routine..I think I can safely say my skin is doing much better. I have normal skin prone to breakouts/redness.Back to this product, its a very rich cream, a little goes a long way also has a flowery scent which doesn't bother me. This is a very good product for the winter but cant say how it would work during the summer. Will update on that later.
Update 12/9/14 - Increases the redness in my chin area. I don't feel this moisturizer is worth the price.