October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by vasili

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute is one of Nuxe's classic products.

The original version was in a larger jar and had an unctuous texture - but this reformulated version does not disappoint either. It has a more "fondant" and silky texture than the original version. And its still has excellent moisturizing powers.

Sometimes when companies reformulate a product, they completely change it but its a delight to see that Nuxe has actually upgraded the new moisturizer and not only does it feel great but it is has even more benefits and is now extra suitable for sensitive skins. Kudos to Nuxe for that achievement.

The cream has a delightful floral aroma of white orange flowers that makes it a pleasure to use every day. After application the skin is left vibrant, relaxed, supple and radiant. And you only need a tiny amount as the cream skinks easily into the skin.

Perhaps the only downside, is the lack of a sunscreen. But Nuxe is not the only natural company not to include one in their products. At least Nuxe does not green wash like other companies who claim to be natural when they are anything but, or when they still use the kind of synthetic ingredients that many people would like to avoid. Therefore, it might be advisable to wear a separate sunscreen over the top (or under if you so wish) if you daily make-up does not contain any. Men should also be considering a sunscreen for daily skin protection no matter what they use. Either way, a company like Nuxe may well add protective elements to their creams in the future and some quarters actually claim that a separate sunscreen is advisable anyway.

Nuxe is a company with great credentials and each product seems to do exactly what it promises. But for the aromas which some people might find off putting, Nuxe is perfect for sensitive skins or those who want excellent, natural skin care that really delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Cilla94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As I often have the appearence of thirsty uncomfortable skin and since I had heard a lot of great stuff about this product I wanted to try it out, and the result was way beyond my expectations. I felt hydrated all day, really. I have nothing more to say. It does a great job on the hydrating part, all the other creams just won't de-thirst it really.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Umayuo

Got this in France,so way way cheaper than what u pay here in the uk. I have to say I like the smell the texture of the creme. If I use it alone it is fine for a moisturiser but I normally use serums and oils before my creme. For some reason the creme just won't sink in and end up curling up on my face ... Really want to like it but won't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

The cream has a nice rich texture which doesn't make me feel greasy. It takes a few minutes for the cream to sink in, but after that the skin feels nicely soft and supple. The product didn't seem to break me out.
The biggest drawback about the cream is the scent. It smells quite heavy even though they claim the product contains only natural components.
I also wish the packaging was a pump and not a regular jar.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Revenue

Here are two reviews, one for new version of this cream and other for old version

*NEW VERSION:
Usually when a cosmetic product is changed - the change is really minimal and sometimes you barely notice it. However, in this case, the product is totally changed and there's zero similarity between new and old version.
While I didn't like the old version at all - the new one is totally opposite - it's great! Texture is still like mousse but it's much more "airy" and lighter. Also, it completely sinks into your skin really fast and makes it matt which is great for people with combination skin! It is perfect for my combination skin when it needs extra hydration, like in winter months.
Smell is really, and I mean REALLY strong, I never had a moisturizer with such a strong scent, but it really smells amazing - like your face is bathing in flowers! I especially like using this as a night cream mostly because of this gorgeous smell which really helps to relax and fall asleep :)
I also really like the new jar design, it looks very luxurious.
There's only one thing I don't like about this cream - if you rub it into your skin too much it will start to peel, and I hate creams which are like that because I really like to rub moisturizers in my skin to give my face a mini massage and to make sure that the product sinks into my skin as much as possible. With this cream - you don't want to do that.
So that's why I give this 4/5

*OLD VERSION:
On the box it says this is emulsion but do not be fooled - this is a cream, and a very thick one indeed.
It has a really unique texture, like a mousse or whipped cream, and because of that it's a bit tricky to get it on your finger, but that's not a big issue.
Main flaw of this cream is that it's really thick, I have no idea how they can call this emulsion. It does kinda emulsify when you start rubbing it on your skin, but no matter how small amount I put on my face - it never sinks in completely and leaves my face greasy. I think this cream could be good for people with dry skin, but it's deffinitely too heavy for normal or combination skin.
I didn't like the scent in the beginning but after a few days I got used to it and now I really LOVE it - it has a nice herbal scent, something between citrus fruit and pine, a bit unusual but really pleasant once you get used to it. Scent is not too strong so you won't even feel it after a few minutes (unlike other Nuxe moisturisers that have really strong scent).

I'd never purchase this cream again because it's way too heavy for my skin and it made my face break out like crazy. It's a shame because there's so much natural plant extracts in this product, but my face just didn't like it at all. In the end I had no other option than to use it as a hand/foot cream so I have to give it 2/5 because of that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my first Nuxe product and I have been desperately trying to fix my skin which has become a major pain to take
care off these days. Previously I could getaway with using anything without having to worry about breakouts. Initially I thought this product was causing my skin to breakout, after a lot of trial and error found the root cause and after eliminating that particular item off my routine..I think I can safely say my skin is doing much better. I have normal skin prone to breakouts/redness.Back to this product, its a very rich cream, a little goes a long way also has a flowery scent which doesn't bother me. This is a very good product for the winter but cant say how it would work during the summer. Will update on that later.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by rubberhead001

Love this product! Love its smell and it helps me survive the driest weather. Girls, I am talking about Canada! Can't live without it~

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i love nuxe products in general but this cream smelt weird to me, and was so off putting i didn't want to use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Crème fraîche is a great moisturizer! I like to use in the summer because it's fresh a little! It leaves your skin super soft,fresh,moisturized,hydrated! Over all,great cream for summer! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this one as I was out of my normal moisturizer, and I must say that I wasn't overwhelmed. It just dosn't do anything...

It has a nice smell and I used it overnight as it's quite thick. I'm not going to buy it again when I'm done with this jar