October 1, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - Smooth Mineral Loose Eye Powder Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

I got the shade cocoa shimmer from my local pound shop. I'm really happy with this product especially for the price. It's a really pigmented shimmery light chocolate shade, that you can use wet or dry as eyeliner or shadow. Having tried it today as both I'm loving this product. When mixed with the weatherproof sealer it doesn't budge at all. Really impressed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

I am pleasantly suprised by this product. I have it in black and with a good brush and a little bit of water it makes a very decent eyeliner. Even without the line sealer it has pretty good staying power. On me it's better than crayon and since I hate gel eyeliner, it's a good option especially for the price.
P.S.: If you realy need it, it's possible to buy line sealer at Sephora for about $15 just enter the search words cake eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by lanihime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This product really shocked me. I have been looking for a cheap mineral makeup to just see what the main difference would be from my regular eyeshadows (smashbox/lancome/nars) and as a shadow, it has a nice consistency, and with a crease brush, applies in a smooth buildable way. I didn't like that without a base, it did come off fairly quickly over the course of the day. However, I recently ran out of eyeliner and tried using the liner sealant that comes with it, and it is now my favorite eyeliner! I love that you can make the liner as dark as you need, and use a brush to apply since a lot of liquid liners now come with felt tip applicators that I don't like. My only complaint is that I run out of sealer before eyeshadow. Please make it in a bigger bottle NYC! (Or if any MUA'ers know of something, let me know!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This comes with a container of black powered eye shadow (also can be used as a liner), a sealer you mix with the powder to make it waterproof, & a decent brush!
The eye shadow is matte, & I like it. When mixed with the sealer, it really does stay for a long time!! I used the applicator, on side a sponge, the other a brush, & it's pretty good!
The only bad thing thing is there wasn't much powder in the little container. It was half empty... I'd probably repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

got this for a buck at the dollar tree. got it home and started working with it and i love it. i bought this in espresso and its a great dark blacky brown. i tried it as an eyeshadow and as a liner and its a win win for a buck on both levels. i will be going back tomorrow to stock up on this. if nothing else they will make lovely swap additions.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by SevenDeadlySins

I bought this at my dollar store. I got it in black! I hate the liquid it comes with to turn it into liquid liner. It burns my eyes really bad. Black + loose powder do not mix, but this eyeshadow is really pigmented and matte so its worth it. There is also minimal fallout (but still some) it does tend to crease on me after many hours, but i always bring my eyeshadow with me to touch up. for $1, its an amazing deal! I may try the NYX black next!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 3:19:00 AM More reviews by maomaouchi

This is a great product at an awesome price point! I have Cocoa Shimmer, which is a neutral-to-warm chestnut color that has very fine shimmers in it. It has great color payoff and the shimmer gives your eyes a nice sheen without any chunky, glittery look. There is also minimal fallout when applied with the supplied eyeshadow sealer or with a eye primer such as Mac Painterly Paint Pot. I really like that you can build up the color/texture of this product by applying it wet or dry. It also performs well when applied atop a colored base, such as NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean, which will darken and intensify the color significantly.

Another great aspect of the product is the packaging. It looks exactly like most other packaging for mineral makeup, except that there is a little stopper that fits on the holes in the container to keep product from all ending up on top of the sifter rather than below it. I wish every mineral/loose powder would come like this! I hate when you travel or something and ALL the product ends up on top and you have to take the whole thing apart to put the product back below the sifter. If I ever finish this (I doubt I will because there is a LOT of product!), I'm definitely keeping the jar so I can put other products in there!

Anyway, I think overall this is a great product. It also helps that I got it for $1.30 because it was 75% off at CVS--they have deals like this very frequently, so be on the lookout! I can't wait to get this in the other available colors!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by FearStreet

I used to wear colorful eyeshadow, but black makes the green in my hazel eyes intense, so i have been looking for the perfect matte black, and this is it. I got this at the dollar store. I do not like loose powder eyeshadows, but since this is so pigmented and very black, i will continue to use this. There is hardly any fallout since i tap it off my brush before i apply it. I use this over a black base so it stays all day and night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great! Applies easily, if you use the right brush, stays on well, even without the sealer thing (I have never used that).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 10:50:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Pretty cool kit. I have no troubles with any of the contents in it.