July 28, 2014 | 1677 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Oval Concealer Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Andreangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow I love this brush. I seriously had no expectation for it when I got this. Got this free in the $10 concealer kit along with a free $10 brow kit. Looking at the picture, I thought this would be a great lip brush. But no, this is GREAT BRUSH for MINERAL EYESHADOWS. Its a great shape for layering a sheer layer on your eyes without worrying about things going on too intensely or dropping powder everywhere. I finally found a a brush to apply mineral makeup. Will update and perhaps even buy more of this.

As a concealer brush this is not the best, there are much better ones out there. The ironic thing is that their EYE KABUKI and EYE KABUKI JUNIOR are fantastic concealer brushes. I recommend those for concealer and the concealer brush for eye shadows ;)...how funny is that!

I only had this for couple of days, hence the 4 star rating. If it lasts well I will bump to a five.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by greyishblue

I wonder why they made the pointed tip at the center of the bristles really pointy. It's very sharp and keeps poking into my skin. Really hurts. Specially since I tend to use it for applying concealer around eye area. I washed it hopefully it'll smooth a bit. Try using it for other parts of my face and no way near the skin around my eye, still....it keeps poking poking poking. Really really hurts. I don't know what I'm going to do with this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Jolly_C

(This is a review for the EM concealer brush with bamboo handles and synthetic black and white bristles.) This is a good brush. It's not the best in terms of performance, but it does do what it was designed to do: concealing. At under $10, this is very affordable compared to the rip-offs some retailers sell at over $20. However, if you're starting out with makeup or, for whatever reason, can't put the EM concealer brush in your order, I suggest going out to the craft store and getting a Lowe-Cornell taklon brush. The LCs come in different widths and handles, and are sometimes cheaper.

Pros:
-doesn't shed
- brush gives a more precise application of cream or powder concealer
- bristles are soft and durable, firm but not hard/ stiff
- white tipped bristles: At first, I thought this was a little weird because, usually, the black and white ends are the other way around (black tips, white bristle body). However, having white bristle tips are a good thing because it's easier to tell if you've cleaned the brush well enough. This can be a benefit if you're prone to breakouts or need a clean brush to apply concealer effectively.

Cons:
- might not be good if you don't have a lot of time and have a lot of areas to conceal: Due to the size and width of the bristles, you might spend an extra 5-10 minutes concealing your problem areas.
- can be difficult to tell the difference from most recent version of EM's eyeshadow brush: Both are basically the same except for a slight difference in bristle width, length, and thickness. Next to one another, I had to take a couple of seconds to scrutinize the both of them.
- at about the thickness of a standard colored pencil, the handle is on the thin side of concealer brushes--if you have some motor difficulties, you might want to pass on this brush

I would recommend it to those with minor to moderate skin issues, but I'm not sure if I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the new concealer brush that is two-toned with the bamboo handles and I love it. I use it to apply my cream concealer and it works great. I may purchase a backup :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

This is a nice synthetic brush made with a renewable (?) bamboo handle for a whooping $6. The bristles are white. I find that kind of weird. It annoys me since most of my brushes are brown/dark bristled. Overall, it's a good brush. I probably won't repurchase becaue of the color of the bristles. I know, I'm weird like that...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My only gripe with this brush is that I've bought two of them now (in two separate orders 6 months apart), and they BOTH came apart where the brush head is joined to the shaft of the brush. I have had to super glue both back together... but then they are perfect! I have bought the foundation brush from them twice also, but have not had the same problem as with the concealer brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by tia347

I think that this brush is ok. I don't love it but I think that it applies concealer fairly well but I like my BE max coverage concealer brush better it is stiffer and thiner. I think that this brush is the only brush that I don't love from EM. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 9:42:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this brush but I don't love it. The good part is that the quality is excellent for the price. The brush has beautiful, super soft, white synthetic bristles that don't shed despite numerous washings. It feels very gentle on the delicate undereye area. BUT my gripes are as follows:

a) it's very soft - a little too bendy for my liking. I think I prefer a stiffer brush to apply concealer.

b) handle is a smidge too long - would prefer a shorter length so I can fit it in my beauty case easier.

I won't repurchase this. As soon as I find a suitable replacement I will probably use this for eyeshadow instead. Having said all that I would still recommend you try this brush because it is a bargain!
Please click "continued" to see a visual comparison of this brush with others from the Everyday Minerals range.
continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by chuugle

The brush head was bent when I received it in the mail. 2 washes hasn't managed to straighten it 100%. That's speaks to the way it was packaged and shipped, not the actual quality of the brush. The brush is very soft and does a decent job picking up and applying powder concealer. I think I prefer my Essence of Beauty concealer brush though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by luciajoan

Like it. Applies powder minerals thickly and softly.