October 24, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lip Treatments - Perricone - Lip Plumper

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Makeup_Obsessed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible terrible terrible. This doesn't plump, doesn't moisturise and the applicator does not make sense for such a runny treatment. I threw mine out. I tried to give this no lippies, but couldn't. Given that the other perricone products are generally very good, this is a TERRIBLE disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had good results with the Cold Plasma line and decided to try this lip plumper. Unfortunately the results were dreadful. I have a sensitive skin and this product is very irritating. I never have chapped lips in winter because I moisturize them all the time, but even if I put moisturizer on top of the lip plumper, within a week I had cracks at the corner of the mouth.
The plumping was minimal and the effect is not worth the inconvenience. I'll stick to Helena Rubinstein lip plumper, a lot thicker and hydrating than this liquid, irritating stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by yallagabig

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for about two weeks and my lips are bigger and plumper. That's the bottom line.

The results are not instant, and you will not generally feel a tingle when you put it on (although I do sometimes. I can't explain why sometimes it tingles and sometimes it doesn't. But it works.) For the first week or so, I couldn't really tell if it had any effect or if it was just another gimmick. But I stuck with it (I figured I should at least use the full tube before I wrote it off as a gimmick) and I'm glad I did.
This is not make up; it does not temporarily make your lips appear bigger: my lips actually ARE bigger - when I wake up in the morning, when I go to bed at night, when I eat, when I sleep, with absolutely no product on them.
I naturally have very thin, tiny lips, and I would say that in the two weeks or so that I've been using this, my lips have increased in size by AT LEAST 30%. In just two weeks. As other reviewers have said, this will not give you crazy large, pouty celebrity lips (if you don't have them to begin with) but I'll tell you one thing: before this, I was considering lip injections. I won't go so far as to say that this product mimics lip injections, but it has made my lips plump enough that I am happy with them and no longer want injections (especially considering how many risks there are, even with such a minor surgery).
The packaging is fine; I see no problem with it. It is expensive, but definitely worth it (especially when some temporary lip plumpers cost double what this does).
One caveat: although other reviewers have found this a good lip moisturizer, I have found that it does not moisturize at all and has dried my lips out. However, if you use a good lip moisturizer with it, you should be fine. I apply this product usually 2-3 times per day (sometimes less, sometimes more). I apply generously (be sure to put it on the lip contour area too - I thought it was just marketing when it said it "improved lip contour," but I swear it really does! My lips used to look flat, now my upper lip has a VERY noticeable arch!) and I let the product dry (it takes about 1-2 minutes). Once the product is completely dry, I put lip balm over it (I like Blistex medicated berry balm, personally). Then I'm done. (Also be sure to moisturize your lips well when you're not using this product.)
For a temporary lip plumper, I love Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme. I would compare the long-term results of this product to the short term effects I get from Too Faced (basically, it makes my lips as big as the Too Faced does, without having to put on that messy sticky gloss all the time).
I think this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by CobraChick222

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Another Perricone product I love. I doesn't work like other lip plumpers I've tried - it doesn't sting or burn, and the results aren't from temporary irritation.

This is more a long-term type product that maintains the youthful volume in your lips. No, it's not going to take thin lips and make them look like Angelina Jolie. This is more for restoring the look you had naturally when you were a kid - our lips thin and lose volume as we age. I learned this from the Perricone Facebook page, and I have found it to be true on my own lips after continued use over several months.

I use this every morning and evening. In the AM I apply lipgloss after, and in the PM, I apply lip moisturizer before bed. My lips are full, well-moisturized, and haven't been chapped all winter. I've had the same tube about 8 months, and I'm guessing there's enough left to last another month, you don't need much of this to work. I've read complaints about the packaging - the stock photo displayed on MUA is OLD!

Try it, don't expect it to tingle, don't expect big irritated lips immediately. Give it time to work it's magic, you'll get your childhood lips back!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by sabine_d

I am a big fan of Perricone's Advanced Face Firming Activator and Concentrated Restorative Treatment, so I had high hopes for this lip product. Alas, it really did little for me--I got the same results that I would from a good lip balm. Furthermore, the packaging is terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by bunnyfru

I like to use this lip plumper in the a.m during my cleansing and moisturizing treatments! I find it helps plump the faint fine lines around my mouth and lasts throughout my hectic morning schedules. I do reapply when getting ready for an evening out. I like it alone or under lip gloss!! I am a devoted fan if Dr. Perricones three-tier philosophy, and live by his guidelines to be Forever Young!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

This works. Plain and simple. I tested this on my poor husband whose lips visibly plumped up within 20 minutes. I also bought this product and though the plumping action is not as visible on me because I have fuller lips than he has, I hve noticed the edges of my lips being more rounded and even the fine laughter line on the side of my mouth has lessened -in a day. This is good stuff. Most probably you will not see as gret or dramamic a difference if you have fuller lips .

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ThisIsWhatWeDo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to love this product..went through tubes of it years ago. I decided to try it again (albeit giving it up due to money issues) and it gave me an allergic reaction. My lips and around my mouth got red, dry and flakey and felt like they were burning for about a week.

Afraid to try it again..perhaps I should ease into it? I started applying it 2x a day. There are some unsettling ingredients in here, including all the parabens. My body doesn't like toxic things anymore. Luckily my lips are not thin by any standard, but too bad I paid $40 for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Karlynn

I'm always on the hunt for a good lip plumber/conditioner that doesn't just have temporary effects. I decided to give Dr. Perricone's Lip Plumber a try. At first I thought it wasn't going to do anything because it didn't sting like many plumpers on the market. I used it as directed AM and PM. After a few days I noticed that my lips were full and in good condition. It serves as a great base for gloss or lipstick. I continue to only apply it AM, as a last step before makeup, and PM, as a part of my nighttime skincare regimen. It isn't going to give you an Angelina Jolie lip if you don't have fuller lips to begin with, but it will allow your lips to be the fullest they are capable of being.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used Perricone Lip Plumper back in the day and just purchased one again from Sephora.

The packaging is by far a major improvement. This product used to be in a tube that would bend and actually crack, not only that but product would always spew out of the cap - enough for three applications believe it or not! Now the packaging is in a platic tube and from what I can see so far a bunch of product isn't bailing out on me.

This is a little bit more pricey than the Elizabeth Arden one I was using but this works better so price doesn't matter much in that regard. Not only that but the ingredients in Perricone are much more advanced than Elizabeth Arden (and this launched before EA launched thiers).

I apply to the area around my lips top and bottom. Afterwards I apply the tiniest bit on my lips. I use this at night and I am tempted to start in the morning too since I have a few fine vertical lines on my top lip that I want to see go bye bye.

Overall the formula is great, the feel and texture of my lips are noticeably better. I can feel a slight plumping effect around my lips as soon as I apply. As far as the fine lines - I will just have to wait and see. The difference may be slightly better since my fine lines aren't noticeable yet to any one but me.

I would recommend this to EVERYONE and I will buy this as regularly as I buy my favorite mascara! It is the best lip treatment I have tried. I have used Elizabeth Arden Ceremide Plump Perfect, DuWop Lip Venom and a few mass cosmetic lines that were all trash. I want to try more Perricone products just because of this product.

I didn't give five stars because I haven't used long enough to notice difference in fine lines yet, and because I have full lips already so I don't need anymore plumping!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No