November 21, 2014 | 1962 users online

Toners - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Clearing Astringent

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Externally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the worst products I have tried...
This product made my skin feel sticky and gross, After using it my skin is extremely shiny. Not oily shiny, just really shiny. I didn't realize this till I go to school and my friend asks me why my skin is so oily. It wasn't oil it was a thin layer or shine left on by the astringent! the astringent also doesn't do it's job and it was a extreme waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by genalewis

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

OH MY GOD. What has this crap done to my face?! I started using this on Saturday. By Monday morning, I had started to develop a rash on my forehead. So I stopped using it. Well, guess what. Even after discontinuing use, the rash continues to get worse. I have a full-fledged blistery contact dermatitis rash all over my face and chest now. I look like a pimple-faced teenager, and I am itchy and upset. I started using this for a few blackheads, and it was one of the worst ideas of my life. Avoid this terrible product at all costs. Hopefully I'll heal up soon and I won't be left with any permanent reminders.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

Meh. This toner and the moisturizer in Clean & Clear's Advantage line are both somewhat drying if I use them every day for more than a week, and very drying if I use them at the same time. I'm guessing it's the botanicals (cedar and cinnamon extracts), as my skin's still OK with toners that have alcohol in them. Might be better for oily, young skin than combo, middle-aged skin like mine. It doesn't sting my skin in spite of the alcohol and the fragrance. I dislike the somewhat acrid scent--it dries down light on my face but on my clothes (I like to use toner on my neck and upper back) it develops a slight pong--yuck--if not for the scent I'd give it a "3" based on the semi-decent performance. If you need more help controlling oil and don't have sensitive skin, this toner might work for you--though 1% salicylic acid might not be enough for huge pores and stubborn blackheads; you might need to combine it with another product with, say, 0.5% or 1%.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

So-so. It has worked much better than others that's for sure, but haven't seen any big changes. My acne isn't that bad though. I like it because it feels like it's working. I think it is since my acne has diminished even more than my previous astringent. It's a personal taste I believe. Still looking for that perfect one astringent though. Until then, I'd buy it again. =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff was awful! I don't like the smell at all and it does nothing for my skin except make it extremely dry. It has worked for my friend, but this was not the product for me. It's very harsh.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by clarissa0037

this stuff is soo harsh! i have acne-prone/oily skin and this stuff dried my skin right out. it made my skin flaky and dry, it sucked! it stinks so bad too, like straight alcohol, it made my eyes burn. so i won't be repurchasing. i don't recomend it either.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by bibiancheng

First of all, I am an 26 years old asian with combination(dry-normal-oily!) skin. I don't break out like crazy, i don't take BC and i do have blemishes due to my monthly cycle. I was using face washes that has salicylic acid to control them, however, the acid just stripped my face, i can see my skin is thin and dull, so i decided to go for a nutritious facewash and use an astringent with salicylic acid, so i picked this one. I've been using it everyday for a week, i think it's trying to work it best, i didn't have much pimples during period. However, yesterday, I did find two whiteheads on face! Actually it may not be a big deal for other ppl, but honestly, I haven't had whiteheads for more than 10 years! it really surpised me, and with the side-effect of stripping my skin, i decided to stop using it until i am really desperate.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by velvetgirl

This product has quite a bit of alcohol, I wish I had paid attention to the ingredients before I purchased it. If you have acne prone skin, or if you just exfoliated the last thing you want to do is put something harsh on your face. There is a pretty good sting when you apply this. The cleaning power is top notch! Even after I wash my face twice it always seems to pick up something. I don't use this everyday, it's just too harsh for me, or if I need to use it I concentrate on my T zone. I won't repurchase. Harsh does not mean better. Clean & clear makes a toner for sensitive skin, that one is much better.