October 21, 2014 | 2062 users online

Lip Treatments - Ren - Biomimetic Perfect Lip Honey

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by NWBecca

I too like Ren products, but I am really disappointed in this lip balm. I find that it needs to be reapplied very often, and my lips never lose that parched feeling. I do like the grainy texture--it takes care of exfoliating my lips pretty well if/when I need it. But a simple sugar scrub can do that for far less money. For a truly moisturizing and luxurious balm that does everything a lip balm should do, I will always stick with Nuxe Reve de Miel. I can slather reve de miel on at night, and wake up moisturized, full, and soft lips that last into the afternoon without reapplication. I'm annoyed with myself for wasting the money on the Ren balm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by clearady

I am an avid fan of REN products, and I have tried their body lotion, love their facewash, tried their mask, their scrub, and I had high hopes for this lipbalm. Perhaps, if I were used to only drugstore brands (like Burt Bees, Carmex, or Aveeno), this would deserve a 4-star rating. It is, however, by no means a 5-star product, and is not worth the price tag. Even the insanely expensive La Mer, I'd recommend over this, because at least that one leaves you satisfied. This doesn't moisturize enough for one day. If any lip balm NEEDS to be applied twice in a day, it's a fail for me. I'm no fan of the tropic scent either since I've lived in Hawaii all my life. Pangea's is still the best I've ever found, and I don't know why I continue to try others. None could ever top that specific balm, not even the $70 By Terry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited about buying this, but it didn't meet my expectations and is overall a very average balm. Though I love that this is more natural than your average lip product, it has a boring orange scent, isn't very moisturizing or long-lasting, and has a slightly gritty texture. The packaging is cute and it's not a bad product, but it's nothing memorable or special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2009 3:43:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A rather average shiny lip balm, but smells/tastes great (like mild citrus/orange water- the scent is really unnoticeable). Did provide enough moisture during summer, but in autumn/winer it's not strong enough. It does have a nice smoothing action, but thats due to all the waxes and plant proteins (I think they also give the light honey color to it, there are no colors in it). Texture wise it's tricky, when the tube is cold, it's hard to get anything out, when I keep in my jeans pocket, it becomes almost liquid and sometimes too much flows out, so it's far from a 5 star perfect. Also, this lip balm tends to migrate over lip line and then it did irritate skin around lips, probably because of the essential oils, they are responsible for the slight plumping effect by triggering a local reaction. As long as it stayed on lips, it was fine, when it slipped over lip contour - redness, irritation, peeling. So, I went through 2 tubes, but I'm not getting this one again, it lacks proper hardcore moisturizing strengths, no SPF/PA, and it's irritating. And I'm not sure, but I think I get more breakout around lips when I constantly use this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:30:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I really like this lip product from Ren, which I tried because of such good reviews here. As previous reviewers have said, this really does deliver, which can be a suprisingly hard thing for a lip treatment product to do.
I don't think that my lips are necessarily more chapped or lacking in moisture than anyone else's but I have so many half used Gale Hayman lip lifts, tins of vaseline, Liz Earle Superbalm, Elizabeth Arden 8hr Cream, Clinique Superbalm, Prada Shielding Lip balm (which incidentally is superb for a slick of colour), which simply stop working after a couple of days use.
This product is a thick balm with a slight grainy feel. What I think is different is that it doesn't sit on the lips like a thick barrier, nor does it sink in without a trace. My lips feel as if there is something protecting them, and it clears up any of those terrible bits of loose skin.
Definate repurchase - the slant tipped applicator means that it is easly to apply without a mirror - a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow! This is so great! Finally a lip balm that actually does what it promises; moisturises, plumps, nourishes... This looks great on lips adding a slight shine, tastes/smells pleasantly of mild lemon. Lips feel pampered and knowing this stuff is organic only adds to the overall experience. This is a bit pricey for a lip balm but to me it is worth it. Tube pack makes this hygienic and the tip makes application easy. Will buy this again and recommend to others!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by cius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A wonderful lip balm from REN! They always deliver such fantastic and natural products, and this is one of the best.
Itīs a rich, grainy lip balm, that smells of orange and honey. It hydrated my dry and chapped lips, and they feel smooth all the day long.
I want to apply this lip balm all the day long, even if my lips feel smooth and nourished after the first time I applied it, only because it smells so fantastic and it makes my lips soft and wonderful.
This a winner from REN, again, and itīs not so strange because they donīt use nasty chemicals in their products, only natural. I highly recommed it to anyone who wants pure luxury for their lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2008 10:30:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lip balm has a rich, soothing texture which really helps to nourish the lips and make them feel softer and smoother. My lips were feeling dry recently and this sorted it out a treat. The smell is lovely, and it gives lips a glossy sheen. Unlike Ren's other lip honey, this one comes in an opaque tube (similar to Juicy Tubes) which I prefer as it is easier to apply. At Ģ10 for 10ml, it is reasonably priced for quality. Another winner by Ren!