September 23, 2014 | 939 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation - Classic Ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by faceship

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my first attempt with mineral foundation, I typically use Revlon Color stay, but I may have found a new favorite after using Revlon for years. I wanted something that was quicker to apply, but that still gave my face a "finished" look. This goes on well, I use a kabuki and the more layers you put on the more coverage. However, my skin still looks natural. I had to buy a lighter shade in this than I normally do. The one problem I have is with the mess--powder all over the bathroom and I am not sure if I am just not using the container/lid correctly? Is there some trick to using this and putting the lid back on without powder getting everywhere? Overall, I do like this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this was a pretty good foundation. It does make the skin look fantastic and fresh. I prefer Maybelline over this one but this is still a fantastic mineral foundation. To those who need a mineral foundation, I recommend this to just about every skin type. I wouldn't recommend it to those who are acne-prone and have more because this won't really help. I really do enjoy this and I'll probably buy it again some time in the future but I bounce around looking for foundation so we'll see!

(also, the brush that it comes with is way too tiny so I threw it away. do NOT use that brush. It honestly doesn't blend out well and is really annoying to hold.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by dancer7925

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product awhile ago and I love it! I never have to use liquid with it and it always gives me the perfect amount of coverage. And I like that it stays well even when I'm constantly going back and forth from dressing rooms to a stage as I dance almost everyday for quite awhile. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin and everyone in general!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by alohahawaii

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this a long time ago and just threw it in the cabinet with my stash I put on when I go out. Lol! Over the weekend I discovered this and decided to try it today at work. Everytime I looked in the mirror, I realized that my face just looked polished. It evened out my skin tone and when I arrived home from work I noticed that this has not worn off and I still look the same as when I applied it. I bought mine in Natural Beige 60. This is perfect for my skin tone. I also realized that it didn't make my face itchy (which most powder foundations do). I applied this with a Kabuki and it makes for a flawless finish. I also have flaky areas due to Retin-A use and this did not enhance any of those areas for me. I can't quite figure out why I didn't use this when I purchased this, but I am sure glad I found this little gem. Definately a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by anapanics

This foundation matched my skin perfectly! In addition to that it feels very lightweight which I love, my face does not feel covered and smothered. I feel very clean and fresh wearing it.

It lasts pretty long, a whole school day and more for me. It also looks very natural and does not make my skin feel oily or very dry, as long as I have moisturizer underneath.

This foundation is also very buildable, you can put very little for a light coverage or put a bit more for a fuller coverage.

Only sideback for me would be the price, another bonus would be SPF though!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by SparklyBeauty

I actually was led to this product when I read an email I got advertising Coastal Scents' new powder foundation. Since I dislike the liquid foundation I'm using now, I thought it would be a great thing to have! I decided, though, since Coastal Scents tends to be expensive (+ you have to pay for shipping!!) that I would look at my local Target for something that would be a similar product for cheaper.
So, I ended up with the Neutrogena Sheers in Classic Ivory. (The other ivory on sale seemed a little too.. beige for my skin tone, this one having a pinker tint which my skin tone features.) It was sort of expensive, however... $11.49, I think? For the price (which I realize, it's drugstore, but still-) I was expecting pretty good quality.
When I tried it on, I was happy to see it matches my skin tone very well. However, although it gives a nice airbrushed coverage, it doesn't seem to cover the redness that I tend to have along the apples of my cheeks and on my nose. Therefore, I feel like I would need to wear the liquid in those areas and coat my face with this foundation after. (I didn't use the little sponge, btw, I used a face brush.)
-----------------------------
I may have misunderstood the purpose of this product, but I feel sort of dumb for buying it when I already have loose powder. Is it basically the same thing? Honestly, I feel like it was an unnecessary buy for me (which stinks because that's $12 out the door.) If you have other thoughts on this please send me a message!
Anyways, in conclusion (sorry this was so long,) I'm not likely to buy this again because of the price and since I already have loose powder I could use instead.

SparklyBeauty

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by gfpixi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like this product a lot and I've read others not liking the pad it comes with, but I love it. I think it covers well, but it does make me break out sometimes as well. It's either that or use another powder that I'm allergic to so I'll have to deal with breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Really wanted to like this, but it made me break out a bit on a really humid day. Guess this doesnt work well for my ridiculously sensitive skin. Plus, I'd rather not have a powder w/SPF in it. Back to the store this goes.

UPDATE:
Ended up going back to this for another try only to figure out soon enough that it contains MICA as one of its top ingredients, and this in turn is what my skin was sensitive, breaking out, and itching from...Planning on trying the mica-free healthyskin powder instead because the remnants of this went into the trash...Lowered to a 1 now (from a 2 rating)..

UPDATE AGAIN:
Tried the healthyskin powder, and DEAR GOD did my skin ERUPT!!! turns out im allergic to that other powder in a different way (b/c of the extracts), so I completely am backing away from mineral makeup in general. Neutrogena, you have disappointed me with all your products

UPDATE AGAIN:
Went back to this product a few times recently after trying some other powders, and I think this really is the only mineral powder I can use. I seem to be allergic and reactive to all the other ones, and I'm trying to find a talc-based powder that is mica-free and has minimal silicones but that seems to be hard in itself, so until I am able to find one, I keep going back to this powder because it is not as irritating as all the other makeup I've tried. It does itch a tad every now and then throughout the day (b/c of the mica I think), but I'll just have to make it work until I finally can find something that works! Considering switching back to liquids, and I find that this goes well over liquids to give a flawless finish as well...

UPDATE FOR THE LAST TIME:
Ugh wish I never went back to this again even tho my skin cleared up once before using it for some reason....I think I developed an allergy to something in this now! Which is so odd but im thinking it may be the Nylon 12? it is found in both powders, except that I think the healthy skin contains more of it compared to this powder, and thats why i reacted quicker to the healthyskin. idk exactly though, but that's all i can think of really...staying away from this forever from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MGTester

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I decided to try out this foundation awhile ago, and I really do like it. It makes your skin matte without looking unnatural and the coverage is sheer to medium! I also like that it doesn't make me breakout at all! Only complaint is, despite the fact that I'm using the lightest shade...it's still kinda dark for me. >.< Oh well, it's still a great product and I would reccomend it to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kjs82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product did not make my sensitive skin break out (I love Neutrogena for this), but the color selection isn't great: it's all pretty orange and I'm more of a fair neutral/yellow. My main complaint about this product was that it did not stay put. The wind blew it off my face the second I stepped outside, and the little bit of product that remained on my face collected in the crease of my nose and chin. Overall, it looked nice but only lasted for about an hour. I don't think it really provides enough coverage or longevity to be used as a foundation. It would probably be better as just a light powder.