October 22, 2014 | 2139 users online

Lip Gloss - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by carotan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pleasantly surprised by the color on me. The color is warm, quite strong, and the gloss stayed on my lips for quite awhile, in contrast to the dolce vita lipstick which I hate because it's so sheer that I had to keep re-applying every hour or less. This gloss stays, is shiny, and yet manages to look natural on me. I have only worn it alone, but I'm going to start layering on lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by sewong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is hands-down one of my favorite lip glosses. Though I'm not a huge fan of the smell, I love this dusty rose color and the texture of this gloss. It matches my lip color perfectly, so it's the perfect way to even out the color on my lips. Just a dab is great for a "no makeup" makeup look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by NTran06

Lovvveeeee this color! It's pretty opaque and I really like the fact that it stains my lips once it wears off. Perfect color for spring & summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I love NARS products, but this one just didn't work for me. Too pink.

But the quality, as with everything NARS, is awesome. Makes me sad, since I've wanted to try this for ages!!! However, I'll just stick to Stolen Kisses, and the myriad of other colors this brand makes that do work -

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my first high-end (full priced) lip product. LOL. Uh-oh! Gateway lipgloss!

Awhile back I received a mini Nars lipgloss duo in a Sephora order. DV on one side & Striptease on the other. I liked it at the time but then it got pushed aside. I rediscovered this & loved it so much I went out to get the full size.
I am horrible at describing colors but this is a neutral/warm berry/red shade. Very wearable & *perfect* for fall. I am NW10, auburn hair & this works really well on me. And, bonus, this fades really evenly while leaving a slight stain. The consistency is of a liquid lipstick rather than a gloss. And this is not a gloss version of the Dolce Vita lipstick. The lipstick is much more sheer & warm toned. Which explains why all those DV dupes never worked on me but this does.
It's not a shade I would normally go for (I prefer bright pinks, reds, etc) but I'm so glad I gave this another try.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this product in a swap after lemming it for ages. Its the perfecr every day "dusty rose". Its a rosy pink with some brown. Not too much though! Its natural, neutral, sophisticated, and it ties any look together! It can be worn with intense smokey eyes as well as the everyday natural look. Highly reccomend my any skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by LucySam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this lip gloss! At first I was afraid this color was a little too pink, but it's a perfect rosy shade with no brown. I'm picky about the colors of my lip products and it's hard to find one that is not too brown or too maroonish but this is my new HD lip gloss. Plus it lasts for many hours and it can be applied lightly or full on super glossy and it perks up my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by masha44

This must be one of my favorite glosses ever. I adore NARS lip glosses and all their other products. Dolce vita is a very beautiful dusty rose shade that I think looks gorgeous and very sophisticated on almost any skin tone. Very easy to apply, lasts forever on my lips. Itīs more like a liquid lipstick than lip gloss I would say...The package is very simple yet refined, topped with the beautiful NARS rubber cap. Love! As for the smell...well, this is not a MAC and it doesnīt smell really nice, but I donīt mind that. The only thing I would mention as a con of this product is the price. At $24 itīs not really a bargain, but since I exclusively use NARS lip glosses (threw all the other sticky, stinky, awful drugstore crap out of my makeup drawer) I dare to say that I would definitely repurchase this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This gloss is gourgeous as the lipstick itself. The colour is just perfect. Rosey, natural, my-lips-but-better, healthy... what else? Well, there is a "else"... because on top of all that, it doesnīt taste nor smell at all. Something that quite annoys me with Mac lippies. On the contrary, Nars are fantastic to wear because your nostrils are not full with any scent when you wear lipstick. Fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is a nice accompaniment to Dolce Vita lipstick. The first time I wore it, I used the wand to put it all over my lips. This made it look too terra cotta-y and brown. It is extremely pigmented. Now I apply it by using my fingers to dab it on, and that way it's the same pretty color as the lipstick.
NARS's lipglosses have an inconsistent formula. Angelika & Wonder are moisturizing to my lips, but this is pretty drying. Not my favorite NARS product.