April 23, 2014 | 1056 users online

Cleansers - Orjene Organics CoQ10 OliveVitale Foaming Face Wash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by hjjung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

You can use code YEW608 to get $10 off of your first purchase at iherb.com.

I am on my third bottle of this cleanser. I'm not very good with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing, and always trying new things.. but I keep coming back to this. I have dry, dehydrated, sensitive skin, and because the weather has been up and down lately, my skin is even more sensitive, rough, peeling, red, and tight. I've read about how dry-sensitive skin-ers should use cream cleansers, but I never got into that stuff --- I always prefer a foaming cleanser, which seems to really strip my skin. This one from Orjene is the ONLY one that I can use for a long time, wash off, and not feel any taught, tight skin. After washing the foam off, my skin feels healthy and hydrated, and does not irritate my sensitive skin. And gentle around the eye areas too! I personally love the smell of this cleanser which kind of smells like old coke with no fizz left. Love the foaming pump packaging and price. I will repurchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

It might be too early to review this as I only got this 3 days ago...but I really love this cleanser!! It's a foam pump dispenser but the foam that comes out isn't that weird hand soap foam, it actually creates a nice rich and creamy lather when you start applying it in circular motions. The scent is pretty non existent, definatley soapy but does not overwhelm. It takes off your makeup like a dream, mascara, eyeliner, I use it over my eyes and no problems, its pretty gentle, although I do feel a tiny tiny amount of tightness long after I patted my face with a towel, but if you use moisturizer after, your good! Love this, will report if anything adverse happens down the road.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by GlowMeAway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I just want to address a comment made below regarding the Lavender Extract (LE) in this product. It certainly made me hesitate, despite the really great reviews for this product, so I looked into this a little further. While it is true that LE (or rather, linalool acid, a component of the LE) can be considered cytotoxic, this was found to be an issue in synthetic linalool acid, NOT naturally occurring linalool acid, as would be found in this product (since it specifically says the LE is certified organic, and LE is not an approved additive which can be listed on a certified organic product despite being synthetic).

SO, having said all of that, I really shouldn't rate it because I haven't tried it. BUT, I wanted to share the information I found regarding this product's ingredients... there is no reason to pass it by due to concerns over the LE ingredient. I will update after trying to see if the awesome ingredients actually do translate into awesome results for my skin. :) Hope this helps!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by gaelicas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a cheaper replacement for the Avene Cleanance Cleanser for oily skin, and it was important for me that it didn't include SLS or oils in it. After reading the reviews of this product here, I decided to give it a try because I loved the natural and organics ingredients and the price. I've been using it for one month now and I like it better than the Avene one. It has a silky texture, you only need a very small amount to clean face and neck, the scent is very soothing, and it leaves your skin very soft and calm. And the most important thing: it doesnt' cause breakouts, unlike cleansers with SLS.

I pair it with the serum from the same line, and my oily skin has never been better. Clean, soft, moisturized and matte all day long.

The price is great. I bought it on iHerb.com for 6.52$ (7 oz.) If you use the code LOP266 at checkout, you will save 5$ on your first order.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by NicoleNightly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looked high and low for a gentle natural foaming cleanser that was also inexpensive. I refuse to pay a fortune for soap! This was exactly what I was looking for. Doesnt interfere with my natural oil balance, cleans well, doesnt sting. I use this at night with my Thayer's toner and my face is left clean and moisturized. It's great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good face wash that removes all traces of makeup and oil in one wash. I noticed that my skin was tighter, brighter, firmer, and looked extremely healthy while using this, and the moisturizer, religiously. The size and price can't be beat. This is definitely something I keep in my cabinet.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 8:55:00 AM More reviews by LionesseRau

I live in the desert, and I have dry skin but you wouldn't know it. This cleanser is awesome. Takes away the crud, and leaves my natural oils alone.

After washing, my face is soft, not tight, shiny and red like so many other supposedly gentle cleansers leave it.

This even beats out the Origins cleanser I sampled, for way less money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 7:34:00 AM More reviews by chakalakakhan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It sux because I thought I had found my HG cleanser with this. Smells good. Cheap. Organic. Takes off ALL my makeup. Good packaging.
*sigh* But then I learned that lavender oil/extract may be cytotoxic to the skin which means toxic to cells, killing them.
And the 2nd ingredient in this product is LAVENDER EXTRACT!
argghh... there goes my dream of having a HG cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by oodelally3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've only been using this for about a week, but so far, so good! I came here first--as always--before buying it from Vitacost. The price is superb, and the product itself is great! I use it with my Clarisonic brush, and the two of them together get all the make-up. It's gentle, a mild scent, and it doesn't strip your skin. After washing , my face feels soft instead of tight. My skin is in a weird phase...I have dry, flaky patches, breakouts on my chin and sometimes my cheeks, and oily cheeks. My skin has started clearing up since using this. Could just be coincidence, but I have a feeling my skin really likes this. Afterwards, I use Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel as a toner before applying anything else. The two of them together (both HUGE bottles for very little money) are working wonders. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by jasmii

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't know what is in this bottle but it saved my face. This is a foaming face wash so no work for lather. I just need one pump and it cleanse all the dirt without drying and the smell is very mild and nice. It is really hard to find a face wash for my sensitive and dry but acne prone skin but this take care of everything. It is very mild everyday cleanser so for makeup day I always remove my makeup with grapeseed oil first and then wash with it.