April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Polishes - OPI - Nicole by OPI

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by beccaw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My review is for "on what grounds?", a Roughles polish in the Nicole by OPI line. This polish is a beautiful robins egg blue color with rough pieces of darker blue sand/grit in it. Only 1 coat is needed. It's absolutely gorgeous and wears very well-no chips for several days, which is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. The finish is unique and I like the fact that if it smudged during application it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Unfortunately, blue is just not my color so I won't be wearing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by meadowmaker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Roughles in turquoise. In the bottle I thought "never" but with one swipe I was hooked. One swipe is all you need. Coverage is amazing, dries almost instantly and has this gorgeous texture-- makes perfect gloss look so old fashioned! Looks like mineral stones on your fingertips. No chips but you have to get used to the rough texture- no sheer hose ladies!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by missphoebe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just bought Nicole by OPI polish NI 415 Don't Overpink It.

It is horrible polish. Watery, runny, doesn't coat evenly at all - so much so that I had to DAB it on in attempt to get it even.
The first coat was super sheer, which is fine. The second coat only improved the color when I put it on super thick.

After one painting, the bottle is 1/3 empty.

Ugh...

It looks like I very pretty color while in the bottle, but I would NOT recommend this polish at all.
Super disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by AshleyForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only have one, heavenly angels. i LOVE it. Goes on smooth, nice and easy with just one stroke. Every body should buy it. I got mine for $10

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I own follow me on glitter, Kendall on the catwalk, prized possession purlple, truth or lilac, one time lime, and two others. Not as good as opi but just a variation. Has good colors like the modern family ones Selena Gomez ones and mermaid for each other.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by seaspray2242

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I have 4 of these nail polishes. 2 are from the Kardashian Kollection (Kim-pletely in love and All Kendall-ed up), a white texture and the strengthener plus. The white texture and the strengthener plus are really nice, I like their brushes (the thinner one on strength and fatter on texture) but the 2 Kardashian ones chip like CRAZY! Also it is the most expensive polishes I own (waaay too expensive for a drugstore! Its $12 per bottle where I live!). Also, I hate the bottle shape. Its weird and clunky, what is it supposed to look like? A cut lipstick? Some of the shades are to die for though, like Kim-pletely in love, My Lifesaver and Selena, but you will be spending a lot of cash for something that chips within the same day you apply it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by lbj06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have four of these nail polishes. Three of them have glitter and one doesn't. ALL if the nail polishes with glitter had dried up inside the bottle. The one with no glitters is fine but I am really disappointed with this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Kampretos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

oh dear god please help. i bought the justin bieber one with (the perfect strokes) and i ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! it is the worst brush ever on OPI, the color didn't blend well!! it really is different than the OPI products. don't get me wrong, i am a big fan of OPI, but the nicole line is such a waste of money!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by lifeislife

I bought the "Peas and Qs" color from Target in 2010 and it is the absolute perfect seafoam green color that I had been looking for! Unfortunately, after emailing nicole by OPI, I found out that it was a shade for just that summer, and I couldn't find it at other Targets.

This polish goes on smoothly and lasts for maybe a week without chipping, though I think that's a generous estimate. I love it mainly because the color is gorgeous.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Auroradiva048

Nicole by OPI: Make Mine Lime

Colour:
The colour was bright, strong and vivid, and fits the name really well!
It's great for Spring and Summer, and holidays/vacations too. I don't have any greens so i thought I'd start by going bright and I'm glad I did.

Price:
I purchased this product in the US while on holdiay/vacation and it was on an offer at Sears. I can't remember the price, but it was a reasonably priced offer and OPI is usually pretty expensive anyways.

Packaging:
The packaging for Nicole is very unique and I like it. It looks a little like a boot if you look closely. The packaging is always nice for OPI products and this one didn't disappoint.

Application:
The application was so easy! The polish was really smooth and just slid on. Considering the easy, smooth application, it was only to be expected that the polish wasn't very thick and needed 3 coats, and I used the China Glaze No-Chip Top Coat as I usually do after the first 3 polish coats.
However, i was really disappointed when I saw that the polish had left horrible yellow stains on my nails when I removed it. After such a great application and colour it was a shame because otherwise I would have given it a 5 rating. :(
It's just an inconvenience because I immediately had to apply another colour to ensure no-one noticed the yellow staining as it really was horrible. I would recommend a cool colour, and several coats of it.

Quality:
OPI is usually good quality, although I think China Glaze is slightly better depending on the polish.
Apart from the staining afterwards, the quality was good.

Overall: I'm happy with this product, and I would recommend it and buy another although I doubt I'll finish the whole bottle anytime soon. The polish is really easy to work with, so it's great with beginners.
If it stains, just remove and apply another colour, prbably a cool one: light pink, silver, lilac etc would be best because the green is so bright.