OPI Nicole by OPI

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the colour 'Color Me Country' from the Carrie Underwood collection. It is a bubble gum pink colour but applies rather sheerly. I use three coats for full coverage. The formula is quite watery and prone to pooling in the cuticle area. The colour itself is pretty, and the brush is a good size - small and quite wide. However, I much prefer the original OPI formula and would not repurchase this colour as it is very dupable.

This review is for the color "Southern Charm" in the Nicole by Opi collection. I love love LOVE this shade!! It is a nice soft pink/peach/beige opaque shade that is not flashy, is work appropriate and is very complimentary with my fair skin in the winter and my semi tan skin in the summer. I flash it up with a glitter top coat if I need more glitz. It wears well (I put three thin coats on), and doesn't change colors on my nails like a lot of polishes do. I got mine on sale for under $5 at CVS and will try to find more since I am almost out! The bottle and brush designs are also very nice; the bottle is curved so you can easily hold it, and the brush is wide which gives great even coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This review is specifically for the quick dry top coat... it is AWFUL! I can't stand it. It pulls/smears my nail polish, even if I let it totally dry, so it always leaves my nails looking streaky. ugh. And for some reason it's always bubbly. I don't shake it (or any of my polishes, for that matter) and yet I always end up with bubbles in it. It's really annoying. It does dry pretty quick to the touch, but it doesn't set all the way through for a while, so if you press on your nail or accidentally bump it, it will dent. It's just terrible. I would not recommend it. I will definitely not repurchase. In fact, I will be tossing it and getting something else.

Colour is amazing, packaging is superb. The only issue I have with these is that they dry slowly and smudge easily. However, they don't chip easily, even when without a top coat. Colour is opaque and goes on evenly. I have about 12. This is definitely one of my favourite brands.

I picked up Nicole by OPI "It starts with me" on a whim because I thought the color was gorgeous. I was not disappointed. Color is beautiful, like a shimmery gold shade. It applies very smoothly. The only thing I hate about it is the bottle. I don't know if it's the one I purchased or what but the polish builds up so bad where the top unscrews. I've only had that trouble with really cheap nail polish. This was pretty disappointing because I have to use my entire body force to get the top off sometimes.

I keep getting bottles of these from my dad for Christmas and so far I have loved every colour! The polishes are very opaque with a nice big brush.

The colours I have in my autumn nail polish collection are:
-star of the party (dark shimmery raspberry colour),
-listen to your momager! (gorgeous dark shimmery blue),
-back in my gloria days... (gorgeous dark shimmer purple),
-luke of the draw (black with small and large silver glitter)

I can't wait to expand my collection with these polishes!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have a few of the modern family collection
1. What's the mitch-uation-a metallic blue good color it is really beautiful.
2. Back in my Gloria days- metallic violet looks nice for a fun night out.
3. Haley good lookin- pink glitter I use it with a pink base

Easy to swipe, good pigments. High quality nail polishes. Need two coats, heavy coverage.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My review is for "on what grounds?", a Roughles polish in the Nicole by OPI line. This polish is a beautiful robins egg blue color with rough pieces of darker blue sand/grit in it. Only 1 coat is needed. It's absolutely gorgeous and wears very well-no chips for several days, which is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. The finish is unique and I like the fact that if it smudged during application it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Unfortunately, blue is just not my color so I won't be wearing this again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have Roughles in turquoise. In the bottle I thought "never" but with one swipe I was hooked. One swipe is all you need. Coverage is amazing, dries almost instantly and has this gorgeous texture-- makes perfect gloss look so old fashioned! Looks like mineral stones on your fingertips. No chips but you have to get used to the rough texture- no sheer hose ladies!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I just bought Nicole by OPI polish NI 415 Don't Overpink It.

It is horrible polish. Watery, runny, doesn't coat evenly at all - so much so that I had to DAB it on in attempt to get it even.
The first coat was super sheer, which is fine. The second coat only improved the color when I put it on super thick.

After one painting, the bottle is 1/3 empty.

Ugh...

It looks like I very pretty color while in the bottle, but I would NOT recommend this polish at all.
Super disappointed.