OPI Nicole by OPI

3.8

on 9/2/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the colour 'Color Me Country' from the Carrie Underwood collection. It is a bubble gum pink colour but applies rather sheerly. I use three coats for full coverage. The formula is quite watery and prone to pooling in the cuticle area. The colour itself is pretty, and the brush is a good size - small and quite wide. However, I much prefer the original OPI formula and would not repurchase this colour as it is very dupable.

on 8/18/2015 4:10:00 PM

This review is for the color "Southern Charm" in the Nicole by Opi collection. I love love LOVE this shade!! It is a nice soft pink/peach/beige opaque shade that is not flashy, is work appropriate and is very complimentary with my fair skin in the winter and my semi tan skin in the summer. I flash it up with a glitter top coat if I need more glitz. It wears well (I put three thin coats on), and doesn't change colors on my nails like a lot of polishes do. I got mine on sale for under $5 at CVS and will try to find more since I am almost out! The bottle and brush designs are also very nice; the bottle is curved so you can easily hold it, and the brush is wide which gives great even coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This review is specifically for the quick dry top coat... it is AWFUL! I can't stand it. It pulls/smears my nail polish, even if I let it totally dry, so it always leaves my nails looking streaky. ugh. And for some reason it's always bubbly. I don't shake it (or any of my polishes, for that matter) and yet I always end up with bubbles in it. It's really annoying. It does dry pretty quick to the touch, but it doesn't set all the way through for a while, so if you press on your nail or accidentally bump it, it will dent. It's just terrible. I would not recommend it. I will definitely not repurchase. In fact, I will be tossing it and getting something else.

Colour is amazing, packaging is superb. The only issue I have with these is that they dry slowly and smudge easily. However, they don't chip easily, even when without a top coat. Colour is opaque and goes on evenly. I have about 12. This is definitely one of my favourite brands.

on 5/4/2015 1:58:00 AM

I picked up Nicole by OPI "It starts with me" on a whim because I thought the color was gorgeous. I was not disappointed. Color is beautiful, like a shimmery gold shade. It applies very smoothly. The only thing I hate about it is the bottle. I don't know if it's the one I purchased or what but the polish builds up so bad where the top unscrews. I've only had that trouble with really cheap nail polish. This was pretty disappointing because I have to use my entire body force to get the top off sometimes.

on 10/17/2014 10:37:00 PM

I keep getting bottles of these from my dad for Christmas and so far I have loved every colour! The polishes are very opaque with a nice big brush.

The colours I have in my autumn nail polish collection are:
-star of the party (dark shimmery raspberry colour),
-listen to your momager! (gorgeous dark shimmery blue),
-back in my gloria days... (gorgeous dark shimmer purple),
-luke of the draw (black with small and large silver glitter)

I can't wait to expand my collection with these polishes!

on 5/20/2014 4:01:00 PM

I have a few of the modern family collection
1. What's the mitch-uation-a metallic blue good color it is really beautiful.
2. Back in my Gloria days- metallic violet looks nice for a fun night out.
3. Haley good lookin- pink glitter I use it with a pink base

Easy to swipe, good pigments. High quality nail polishes. Need two coats, heavy coverage.

on 4/12/2014 3:22:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My review is for "on what grounds?", a Roughles polish in the Nicole by OPI line. This polish is a beautiful robins egg blue color with rough pieces of darker blue sand/grit in it. Only 1 coat is needed. It's absolutely gorgeous and wears very well-no chips for several days, which is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. The finish is unique and I like the fact that if it smudged during application it probably wouldn't be noticeable. Unfortunately, blue is just not my color so I won't be wearing this again.

on 3/17/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I have Roughles in turquoise. In the bottle I thought "never" but with one swipe I was hooked. One swipe is all you need. Coverage is amazing, dries almost instantly and has this gorgeous texture-- makes perfect gloss look so old fashioned! Looks like mineral stones on your fingertips. No chips but you have to get used to the rough texture- no sheer hose ladies!

on 11/26/2013 10:14:00 PM

I just bought Nicole by OPI polish NI 415 Don't Overpink It.

It is horrible polish. Watery, runny, doesn't coat evenly at all - so much so that I had to DAB it on in attempt to get it even.
The first coat was super sheer, which is fine. The second coat only improved the color when I put it on super thick.

After one painting, the bottle is 1/3 empty.

Ugh...

It looks like I very pretty color while in the bottle, but I would NOT recommend this polish at all.
Super disappointed.