Clinique Repairwear Lift Firming Night Cream

2.6

on 7/21/2014 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not impressed in any way, shape, or form with this cream.

The claims on this stuff are that it boosts natural elastin and collagen, rebuilds elasticity and firmness, and will visibly smooth out "laugh lines." Humn... those are some pretty big promises coming from a product packaged in a jar - jar packaging is so unstable, I just don't understand why companies still insist on putting fancy ingredients into a jar wherein they dissipate pretty much every time someone opens it. A couple years ago I vowed never to purchase jar creams again due to this issue (this was a generous trial size gift with purchase). I know some who read my reviews may be sick of hearing me talk abt jar issues but I just cannot emphasize how problematic and unstable this is. Its prettier than a bottle or squeeze tube, sure, but at $60 a pop for this specific product, you might as well just set that cash on fire. None of the so called "skin loving" ingredients can or will do a thing they are proven to do if placed in a jar so go with a much cheaper product and don't waste your hard earned cash on this stuff.

on 4/16/2014 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Clinique has still not come up with a decent replacement for the much missed discontinued anti-gravity cream. That cream would instantly lift and firm my laugh lines and forehead furrow. Now I am stuck with the new repair wear line. Well there is nothing I like about the repair wear line. The anti-gravity line from Clinique was far superior. I am really sad about this and it shows on my face with my sagging laugh lines and dry skin. I like the super rescue antioxidant cream dry to dry but on Clinique's website it states that they are discontinuing this one as well. What is Clinique trying to do here? They have already "renewed" their most famous yellow cream and made a kazillion customers (who have used this for decades) unhappy. And I am not going to buy from their other brand Estee Lauder that one is insanely expensive. THIS CREAM DOES NOT LIFT AND FIRM ANYTHING NEITHER DOES IT MOISTURIZE! It is just a sticky happening. I am currently using Cetaphil restoraderm skin moisturizer on my face. It does the job!

on 6/4/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Kinda nippped and tingled my skin, felt harsh. Did not like smell. Didnít see or feel huge difference but did not use for long time.

on 6/13/2011 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the "Very Dry to Dry". The scent and the packaging are all just fine, but the cream is awful. Leaves a sticky & uncomfortable residue soon after application (almost tight and feels mask-like) on my skin. Then, after a few short minutes it just turns into little gel-like balls and pills off my skin. For a "Dry to Very Dry" formula it fails to hydrate and moisturise. Very disappointed with this considering the price. I expected more from Clinique as I adore their DDML for Very Dry to Dry skin.

on 3/22/2010 6:18:00 PM

Unfortunately, although I am an ardent Clinique fan and have used their make up for years, I just didn't get on with this cream. I bought the combination oliy to oily skin type and my skin broke out quite badly in spots. I spent quite a lot of money on it to try and firm up my skin, now that I am in my mid 30s, and am not impressed. Not sure if I can take it back?

on 2/21/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I am a 50 year old olive skinned aging female. I LIVE by Dr. Brandt's Crease Release. Been using it for over 2 years. I use to have fine lines all around my lips and in the center of my forehead.. After using this product for several months I went to get Botox done and my doctor said you don't need it around the lips or on your forehead-what are you using. I told him and he was shocked. I've tried EVERYTHING,!!! This is the ONLY cream that gets rid of the lines between my brows and my frown lines. Hands Down. Worth every dollar and penny. Just a little bit goes a very long way, and lasts months. The key to this product is..... to put a dab in the palm of your hand and "warm it up" and them put in on a clean face.Have tried almost all of the other Dr. Brandt products while using this one. For monetary purposes I stopped all of the other products after they were all gone and just used the crease release. This ONE product is all you need to get rid of wrinkles... but you have to use it faithfully once a day and you have to warm it up to activate the product. Why should I do botox when I have Crease Release?

on 6/9/2009 2:41:00 PM

I'm making this review in behalf of my mum (in her mid 50s). Her skin is the whole year pretty dry, sensitive and she also has several capillaries that she removes many times with laser.
Anyway, this is the only thing she has been using for 15 years and her skin is marvellous! I mean no retinoids, no acids, just Clinique wash, Estee Lauder toner and this cream (night and day cream). Only in summer she tries to use night version of this cream + better protection (like City Block).
She adores Repairwear line that she tried to use Repairwear foundation, but with not so much success (but that is a different story:-))
Anyway, both creams (day and night) have great ingredients (also both have retinol!), but they are jar packaged so we actually don't know how long those ingredients stay fresh.
All in all - I give it 4 for price (these creams are in Europe 100Ä!) and 4 for jar packaging.
But otherwise I would (and she would) suggest all dry skinned people to try it out! Hope it would be your HG as well:-)

P.S. I have also provided picture of this great product to be seen - also:-)

on 9/30/2008 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is the only antiaging product that offers me results.I own the formula for oily skins and works best on me.My skin looks and actually is firmer smother and the fine lines are gone!I m on my second jar and I m so pleased.My HG night cream for sure.Didn't cause me any kind of problems and my skin's surface is much improved.Great ingredients but I m a little concerned about the jar packaging

on 4/12/2008 2:51:00 PM

I'm not one who expects miracles from a cream, but sure I look for some good moisturising and smoothing action, because my age and my slightly dry to combination skin start to require some extra TLC at night. Anyway, I find that some creams have ridiculous, if not scandalous, high prices that won't justify their final effect on people's skin. So, while I prefer light emulsions for day, I like to layer a good greasy thing on my face at night. As I said, I would never have thought of buying a cream that is quite expensive for my tastes, but I was given a good sample (0,21 oz.) and had the chance to try it for a good fortnight. Well, my skin had great benefits from it, turning firmer and more luminous, and close to no breakouts despite the rich texture. I would recommend it to women with dry/combination skin aged 35 and after.

on 2/3/2008 2:06:00 AM

This subtle, light cream gently rubs into the skin leaving a very slight sheen. In fact it feels so light I didn't expect any results. For a few days I was waking the morning after going "so what? No change." A week later I felt the same way. But what was I expecting? At 37-years-old I had decided a good night cream was now a necessity, to stave off the early formation of fine expression lines, to reduce the appearance of those which had already snuck in ... and an all-round radiant glow would not go amiss either. So, okay, this is no miracle product. However, what I did finally realise was that each day after use, my foundation would go on beautifully. It would never look caked, or like I was needing to 'cover up' that which was down below. My skin felt 'conditioned' and with the extra help of my Clinique Superfit Makeup (worn with with Clinique All About Eyes, Clinique Transparency #3 Blended Face Powder and Clinique All About Eyes Concealer) my skin looked in pretty good shape. When I find something better I will use it, but for now I will definitely purchase again.

Popular Moisturizers