October 25, 2014 | 967 users online

Loose Powders - Lumiere - Silk Powder in Sand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Carrol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am currently using a sample size of this product and am totally impressed with it, and will be ordering a full size. Previous mineral makeups have left me very itchy, and this one doesn't. Once I'm finished with the mineral makeup application from Lumiere, this silk powder provides a lovely, totally finished look for my super oily skin. Nothing keeps my face oil free all day, but this certainly helps for quite a while. I did take away one lippie because even the darkest shade Sand is still quite light and tends to alter the shade of my base mineral foundation colour, which is a little darker in the warm summer months - usually when I need a little more of this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by moonandtheriver

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really on the fence about this powder. There are days it gives me a soft focus, non powdery finish that sets my makeup and makes me feel great. Then there are days it seems too heavy, too powdery, and looks too noticeable on my skin...and no amount of blending or using a super light hand helps. I have no idea why this seems to happen. Its a little on the expensive side but not bad...the worst part is I have to order it, so my lippies off are for those reasons. I will probably keep looking for something better at this point and trying new powders. My skin still breaks out, even though this powder is supposed to be better for acne prone skin, so I dont think it does much to help me. Strangely, this powder container has no mention of the brand on it. I actually forgot what the brand was and had to look it up. Not sure why they didn't think to put the brand on the label.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (02/09/08): Sadly, I've had to conclude that this is annoying my skin but I'm not downgrading. The majority of people don't have dermatitis and sensitivity issues like me and this would be a lovely product to use. I just can't use anything that seems remotedly "natural".

I really like this silk powder so far. Not at all gritty like EM's.

It's more of a cream color I would say but not stark white like plain silk powder. Not as tinted as EDM's silk dust but it also doesn't contain blackcurrant powder. No itches w/ the Lumiere (so far) so my assumption is that the berry powder annoys my allergic skin.

One other comment - no sparkles like w/ EDM which makes me wonder if EDM's doesn't have some mica hiding in it somewhere? Of course, iron oxides differ so perhaps what they're using makes a difference in finish??

Another comment: if the Lumiere does start to bother my skin, then I'll know it's the iron oxides. I've got pure, 100% silk powder on order too. My curiosity got the best of me and I have to follow where this silk dust trail leads me, LOL.

One last comment about the packaging....Lumiere's little black and clear pots are excellent. They screw on properly and tightly....it shuts smoothly and effortlessly unlike many other cheap sifter jars. It's a small thing but something that I appreciate. continued >>