July 28, 2014 | 1176 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Translucent Light Organics Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 6:48:00 AM More reviews by HaleyKnowsBest

I got this stuff really cheap at grocery outlet because I thought it was worth a try. I honestly don't find it to be anything special but when I do use it, it doesn't feel or look cakey. I dont think I would ever buy it again tho because its nothing special. I also dont like the brush. its rough not soft and hurts my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Lietuva

I have had this powder in different shades because I am pale in winter & tan well in summer. What I like most about it is the fact I have never had any skin issues using this product (my skin is acne prone). Also, it is very affordable. However, my main complain is: Organic Wear powder looks a bit chalky, unless, you have a flawless skin and need just a light coat, which is not my case since I have acne scars,so I need more coverage. Also, this product doesn't control oiliness. All in all, in my opinion, if you don't have the same skin problems as I do, give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Spiralunix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on sale for a dollar at the Grocery Outlet and I began to use it when I lost my PF talc free loose mineral powder (so far my favorite powder makeup). I definitely prefer the talc free loose mineral powder over this. While this isn't the worst powder I have ever used, the finish is not as silky or glowy as non organic PF mineral powder-it's more cakey, I look more dull skinned and yellowish after a few hours, and I get greasy faster.
It provides decent coverage, I am not a full coverage gal and I like the natural look, so it has that going for it.
It's about average-nothing amazing, but nothing horrible. It has the same cons that PF Talc free loose powder has-same awful weird smell, brush is crap, packaging is crap.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by MissDevereaux25

I bought this powder because it was on sale. Also Physicians Formula seemed to have a good reputation and it was labeled "organic". The first thing I noticed was the smell, it was not what I call pleasant and really offended my nostrils. My daughter today, just knocked over the product off the vanity, it spilled all over the bathroom floor, releasing it's offensive smell, making my daughter cringe. The reason the powder was even on my vanity, is because I had taken it out from it's hiding spot, contemplating what to do with it, thanks to my daughter, the problem was solved lol. I should have disposed of that product a long time ago.

As if the smell wasn't bad enough, it didn't sit well on my skin, making it look fake and cakey, no matter how careful I was applying it.

And yes, the packaging is not well engineered and the brush is a joke. The brush was the first thing I tossed. I personally like to use powder puffs any way. When I do use brushes, I prefer the large, soft ones.

I would never use this powder again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Kellison

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So let me start out by saying I got this product for 3.99 at Ross....not to bad for a product that normally goes for around 11 to 13 US dollars depending on where you buy it. GO TO ROSS. They also have ALOT OF OTHER PF products for sooooooooo cheap.

But anywho, I am extreamly acne prone, like if you look at me wrong, ill probably break out..lol

so here we go

Pros:

This stuff does not break me out, its a miracle (I even slept in it this last weekend, no acne, nothing!!)
The coverage is fantastic, and totally buildable
THE PRICE
Its all natural
There so much product
It makes my face look so glowy and CLEAR even with currant break outs

Cons:

The packaging is a serious joke lol

ADVICE:

DONT use the brush if you are acne prone like me, go out and spend some money on a good kubuki brush.

If you use a liquid foundation (I use clinique acne solutions) DEF dont use the brush it will pretty much scratch the finish off from your foundation.

This stuff really beautiful and totally worth every penny.

I get compliments constantly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by hk316

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The product itself is an awesome powder! It stays on for up to 6 hours before fading even the tiny bit. I have oily skin so this is a life saver. HOWEVER, the packaging sucks. Sorry! The brush it comes with is stubby and hairs come off when you use it and my skin rashes when I use it. Eww. Plus, the dispensing of the powder is ridiculous. I pour it into a different container and use a different brush and then it's a 5 star product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Translucent Light looks a little yellow on me (I have very fair skin with pinkish undertones). Applied with a real brush it goes on nicely though and sets liquid foundation fairly well.

The packaging is the worst, and for Physicians Formula that is really saying something. It's a huge pain to dispense the powder into top. The brush is, as is always the case with PF, ridiculous - this one is stubby and it dispenses the powder with great difficulty. I just noticed the other day that there's a mirror on the back of the container - it's tiny, under 1 inch wide and a little over an inch long. Completely useless. Why bother?

I like that this is talc free, I suppose the organic is a plus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I found this powder at Winners for really cheap, and I've been using it for a while. It has good coverage and I like that it's all natural. It's easy to blend and doesn't look cakey when applying a few coats. The weird thing is the smell.. but I guess that's because its organic.
But seriously physicians formula, what is with the packaging? It is the most ridiculous and impractical packaging i've ever come across. And because it's tall, I have knocked it over so many times, spilling powder everywhere.
The little brush they give you with it is a waste of materials, time and money. It is horrible. I have no idea why they insist on giving these crappy little brushes, when no one should be using them and they usually end up in the garbage.

Overall, the powder is good, you get A LOT in the package, but the packaging sucks. I said I wont be buying this produce again because I will probably try something new next time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

First of all, I hate the packaging. It's just impractical. Secondly, if you want a lot of bang for your buck, I always find loose powder is the way to go. It's messier (don't even think of reapplying in a public bathroom), but I don't recommend this product if you're worried about money, anyways

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by LolaStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for free when I worked in a drug store probably 4 years ago. I still have that very same one, and it's still more than half way full and I use it EVERY DAY. It's actually the weirdest thing, it never ever seems to deplete! It's probably not a good thing to be using, it's probably gone off by now, but my skin is very very clear so I don't care if it is. Unless I just have a magic pot of powder, you get TONS of product for your money. The packaging is pretty crap, mine never had a lid or brush (which is why it was free) but I'm assuming the brush would have been useless. I apply a light amount with a big fluffy powder brush to set my makeup, and that works well. The mirror on the back of the pot is too small to be useful, and because I have no lid this pot has on occasion opened up in my makeup bag. I don't know if it's HG, but I have been wearing it pretty much every day for four years so it can't be terrible!

Pros:
Good coverage
Matches my skin tone in both winter and summer
Lasts AGES
Cruelty-free company (and an organic product!)
Not too heavy or drying

Cons:
In hot weather this powder can be quite noticeable
Doesn't control oil all that well
Heavy handedness can make it look cakey

As I got mine for free I can't comment on the price, but for how much product you get I know it's definitely worth it. Can't possibly be more than $30, which in my opinion is worth it. If I ever run out I'd buy it again if it's still available at that time.