Physicians Formula Organic Wear Translucent Light Organics Loose Powder

3.2

Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Zea Mays (corn) starch*, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Carthamus Tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (soybean) oil*, Olea Europaea (olive) fruist oil*, Oryza Sativa (Rice) hull powder, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) see oil*, Cinnamic Acid, Citrus Grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, Sodium Levulinate, Tocopherol, Water. May contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

on 6/23/2015 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great backup to my Bare Essencials Bare Mineral's Fairly Light. This won't work for everyone, but works for me. Great for hot weather.

on 2/23/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this for more or less 2 bucks at Grocery outlet a couple of years ago because i figured, a 2 buck foundation...it couldn't hurt to try it :D. One good thing about this foundation is that there is so much in there I have had the same one for about a year and a half now, and I've only worked my way through about half of the powder.

HOWEVER, I absolutely hate this stuff! It's extremely cakey, brush a little on your face and you will look terrible under any lighting thats not very dim. The shades are either too pale or too dark, and the finish is super matte. Not the good, natural matte, but a very cakey matte that makes my already dry skin look dull. It is very high coverage, but due to the finish it gives me I've thrown the rest of mine away, I won't wear it under any circumstances.

on 8/10/2014 9:21:00 PM

What a dissapointment. I got the pressed, compact version of this powder, and it leaves a pearly residue which makes your face appear as though it's sweating all the time! It also accentuates pimples. At first I liked the dewy glow, but when you see it in full sunlight it looks ... unflattering to say the least.

2 stars for the fact that this seems to be gentle on my skin, but I just wish there wasn't that whitish/pearly addition. :-/

I got this stuff really cheap at grocery outlet because I thought it was worth a try. I honestly don't find it to be anything special but when I do use it, it doesn't feel or look cakey. I dont think I would ever buy it again tho because its nothing special. I also dont like the brush. its rough not soft and hurts my skin.

on 6/15/2014 10:38:00 AM

I have had this powder in different shades because I am pale in winter & tan well in summer. What I like most about it is the fact I have never had any skin issues using this product (my skin is acne prone). Also, it is very affordable. However, my main complain is: Organic Wear powder looks a bit chalky, unless, you have a flawless skin and need just a light coat, which is not my case since I have acne scars,so I need more coverage. Also, this product doesn't control oiliness. All in all, in my opinion, if you don't have the same skin problems as I do, give it a try.

on 4/3/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this on sale for a dollar at the Grocery Outlet and I began to use it when I lost my PF talc free loose mineral powder (so far my favorite powder makeup). I definitely prefer the talc free loose mineral powder over this. While this isn't the worst powder I have ever used, the finish is not as silky or glowy as non organic PF mineral powder-it's more cakey, I look more dull skinned and yellowish after a few hours, and I get greasy faster.
It provides decent coverage, I am not a full coverage gal and I like the natural look, so it has that going for it.
It's about average-nothing amazing, but nothing horrible. It has the same cons that PF Talc free loose powder has-same awful weird smell, brush is crap, packaging is crap.

I bought this powder because it was on sale. Also Physicians Formula seemed to have a good reputation and it was labeled "organic". The first thing I noticed was the smell, it was not what I call pleasant and really offended my nostrils. My daughter today, just knocked over the product off the vanity, it spilled all over the bathroom floor, releasing it's offensive smell, making my daughter cringe. The reason the powder was even on my vanity, is because I had taken it out from it's hiding spot, contemplating what to do with it, thanks to my daughter, the problem was solved lol. I should have disposed of that product a long time ago.

As if the smell wasn't bad enough, it didn't sit well on my skin, making it look fake and cakey, no matter how careful I was applying it.

And yes, the packaging is not well engineered and the brush is a joke. The brush was the first thing I tossed. I personally like to use powder puffs any way. When I do use brushes, I prefer the large, soft ones.

I would never use this powder again.

on 5/13/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

So let me start out by saying I got this product for 3.99 at Ross....not to bad for a product that normally goes for around 11 to 13 US dollars depending on where you buy it. GO TO ROSS. They also have ALOT OF OTHER PF products for sooooooooo cheap.

But anywho, I am extreamly acne prone, like if you look at me wrong, ill probably break out..lol

so here we go

Pros:

This stuff does not break me out, its a miracle (I even slept in it this last weekend, no acne, nothing!!)
The coverage is fantastic, and totally buildable
THE PRICE
Its all natural
There so much product
It makes my face look so glowy and CLEAR even with currant break outs

Cons:

The packaging is a serious joke lol

ADVICE:

DONT use the brush if you are acne prone like me, go out and spend some money on a good kubuki brush.

If you use a liquid foundation (I use clinique acne solutions) DEF dont use the brush it will pretty much scratch the finish off from your foundation.

This stuff really beautiful and totally worth every penny.

I get compliments constantly.

on 3/12/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The product itself is an awesome powder! It stays on for up to 6 hours before fading even the tiny bit. I have oily skin so this is a life saver. HOWEVER, the packaging sucks. Sorry! The brush it comes with is stubby and hairs come off when you use it and my skin rashes when I use it. Eww. Plus, the dispensing of the powder is ridiculous. I pour it into a different container and use a different brush and then it's a 5 star product.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Translucent Light looks a little yellow on me (I have very fair skin with pinkish undertones). Applied with a real brush it goes on nicely though and sets liquid foundation fairly well.

The packaging is the worst, and for Physicians Formula that is really saying something. It's a huge pain to dispense the powder into top. The brush is, as is always the case with PF, ridiculous - this one is stubby and it dispenses the powder with great difficulty. I just noticed the other day that there's a mirror on the back of the container - it's tiny, under 1 inch wide and a little over an inch long. Completely useless. Why bother?

I like that this is talc free, I suppose the organic is a plus.