July 28, 2014 | 1984 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear - Fair to Light

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by celorenz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Decent enough, but not enough to re-purchase. Has an unpleasant old women's perfumy smell to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by ILikeCakeAndIceCream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Since I love Physician's Formula Organic Wear products I was excited to try out this tinted moisturizer. I found this product to be a little disappointing.

Pros: Decent price for an organic drugstore tinted moisturizer. This line allows me to be picky about what to put on my face without sacrificing paying a utility bill to buy makeup! It's easily blended and builds well if you choose to add layers while still giving a shear, light coverage. This product is great for younger girls with minor issues with their skin.

Cons: I prefer a matte finish in any makeup as I struggle with acne. This has a good amount of coverage for a tinted foundation but definitely leaves a dewy finish. Perfect for young girls who have minimal skin issues. I would suggest a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation for that skin type. For my skin, it did not work well. Even when applying a concealer first it did not mix well for my tones. The color is far from fair. I would expect this tone to be found in a medium shade. It has pink undertones which brought all the redness out on my skin and you could totally tell that I was wearing makeup which I hate. The smell is overwhelming. I'm sure someone will think it has a lovely smell but I did not expect such a strong fragrance from an organic product. Not to mention, the smell lasts for hours which I don't like at all. It does not blend well with a finishing powder. My face looked caked and clumpy in some areas when I tried to set it with a powder.

I would suggest this product for someone who needs minimal coverage who does not have fair skin. I also think this is good for minor sun exposure if you need a little coverage for a small amount of time at the pool. It has lasting power in the heat and SPF 15.

I've tried this product more than once and will not be returning to it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by hellok1tty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was disappointed with this tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very sheer, so it doesn't cover any red. I don't expect full coverage, but a little more would be nice. The consistency out of the tube if kind of watery, but it blends well and doesn't set too quickly. Once it sets it seems like a layer on your face, like you are obviously wearing something. Some people describe the finish as "dewy". To me, it's more shiny. Very shiny. And it oxidizes to a darker beige tint that stands out pretty badly. It also stinks like lavender (for those of us who do not like lavender) but the scent fades pretty quickly. It seems to last all day unless you rub at it, and my skin feels soft when wearing it, but the lack of coverage and the beige oxidation really killed it for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Thatgayb_tchthatsmells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I think this product has great packaging. It is a squeeze tube, allowing you to dispense exactly the amount that you need and meaning that you can easily get just about every last drop out! Secondly I love the consistency and coverage this gives me, and the fact that the colour/coverage is buildable. I also love the dewy, slightly sunkissed look this gives me - very youthful and fresh. Of course the fact that this prodcut is all natural is a MASSIVE bonus. I will definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: I only like to use this underneath my liquid foundation as a sort of primer, because it is too sheer and can go patchy and a little orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by iflounder

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wore this tinted moisturizer today, and think it does a pretty good job. It doesn't cover like a foundation, but u can put it on a couple times, and for me it covers enough. I like the "dewy" type finish it has since i'm older and it gives appearance of having younger skin. It has never broke me out (that i know of) and my skin is pretty sensitive to things.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

I've been using Everyday Minerals for a while, but I've become dissatisfied with its inability to cover up redness near my jaw and chin and have been on the hunt for a TM that might be able to cover the redness and even my skin tone.

I decided to try this TM because it's one of the most natural ones out there that isn't super-expensive (check the environmental working group SkinDeep database). I have sensitive skin that has reacted to most other TMs I've tried, so I hoped getting something natural would do the trick.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it smells like lavender, which I didn't find completely offensive but could have gone without. The squeeze tube is nice for dispensing product, and I got good coverage with my fingers. I used a moisturizer underneath, and I have to say that this stuff did make my skin look a lot better, and didn't get oily at all over the course of my work day. I really liked the finish, it gave me fresh, even skin without looking like a mask.

Unfortunately, after a few days of using this I broke out. It wasn't as bad as with other products, but a breakout is a breakout, so back it went.

If you don't need full coverage, want an easy-to-use TM, and don't have sensitive skin, this might work for you, and is totally worth the price. It's at least worth a try! I'm just sad it didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by adikted2makeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to try out this item because of some of the reviews on this site. But I am so glad I bought it because I will just be using this from now on. I have dry skin and so this product worked well with me and my sister in law has really oily skin and she loves this product. I also wanted to emphasize that this item NEEDS TO BE SHAKEN WELL...and you need to gently squeeze the tube to get little by little out of it.

Pros:

- I love that it is in a tube and hygienic (although it would have been better in a pump)
- Hydrating not greasy as some people mentioned.
- 80% organic, no parabens and no GMO's
- Good pigmentation and can be be layered for more coverage.
- Good price for an organic product!
- You get a lot of product

Cons:

Basically none!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This such a weird product. There are things about it that are really awful and things that are great. First of all, the packaging is hideously ugly - very 80s. Just because something's organic, doesn't mean it shouldn't be stylish and modern. And the product itself has some major issues. The lavender scent is so overpowering it makes me gag when I'm applying it. Why would they think we want our faces to smell like a sachet for our underwear drawer? Luckily the scent does seem to fade fairly quickly. The product stings when I apply it, probably because it has so much alcohol in it. It dries to a shiny finish so I have to powder. This is the lightest shade and it is perfect for me now in August which means it will definitely be too dark in winter. This product got panned by Paula Begoun because apparently lavender is terrible for your skin and alcohol causes your cells to die. I'm bummed because I feel like the amount of coverage is perfect - it totally evens out redness and it doesn't break me out, which is rare. And it wears well - over the course of the day, it doesn't appear to oxidize and the coverage lasts despite wilting heat and major sweating. I hope they reformulate this and ditch the stinky scent and the alcohol. I don't think I'll return it but I won't repurchase it either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by ex0ticbarbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this tinted moisturizer! I have super sensitive, acne prone skin with tons of scarring and dark spots. I have been wearing foundation for years and would not be seen in public with my bare skin. I found that it looks ridiculous to cake my face with foundation in some situations (e.g. at the pool or gym) so figured tinted moisturizers were a must so that I would look more natural. I tried a CoverGirl tinted moisturizer before and was pretty disappointed. I do understand that tinted moisturizers should have very light coverage, but I found that the CoverGirl t.m did not have any color in it. I decided to give this Physician's Formula t.m a try since I saw a deal at Walmart where you can buy two for $15 (two came in a box). Normally one would cost $15. I bought it in the shade Fair to Light because while my skin is fair, it is still darker than most pale people. I apply this t.m without using any concealer or anything underneath and I use my fingers. It gives me a very natural appearance and hides my blemishes. It also doesn't become shiny or give me that caked on face foundation does. Ever since I have started using this people have been complimenting me and telling me that my skin looks much better. Some people have also asked me whether I am even wearing make-up; that's how natural it looks. So far I am really impressed and it has not broken me out yet which is a HUGE plus for me since my skin reacts to everything. I have been using this almost everyday for a month.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by baciadesantos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

decent coverage (about what i'd expect from a tm). nothing amazing but the lavender scent!! that alone will probably lead to a repurchase.