Physicians Formula Organic Wear - Fair to Light

3.3

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 3.95 INACTIVE ingredients: CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS FRUIT WATER*, WATER, ALCOHOL SD*, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL*, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL*, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL*, LECITHIN*, CANNABIS SATIVA SEED OIL*, TALC, TITANIU, DIOXIDE, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII*, OLEA EURPOAEA FRUIT UNSAPONIFIABLES, GARCINIA INDICA SEED BUTTER*, ALGINIC ACID, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL WHEAT BRAN GLUCOSIDES, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, HYDRATED SILICA, IRON OXIDE, XANTHAN GUM. *PRODUCED FROM ORGANIC FARMING.

on 3/16/2015 11:16:00 PM

The quality is good for a drugstore product, event if the packaging and overall experience leaves something to be desired.

The thing I like most about this product is that it's generally free of yucky chemicals and is easy to find in stores. Sure, there are infinitely better liquid foundations out there but you're going to pay $30+ more for a similarly natural/organic product, assuming that's what you're going for (e.g. ILIA, Vapour Organics, etc.). I paid $13 at Target, which is a pretty good deal IMHO.

There's no way I would wear this to a special night out, but it's fine for everyday/weekend use. I've also worn it to the gym with no issues (set w/ MUFE HD power). Coverage is on the light side so I tend to gravitate to other products on days when my skin needs a bit more help. For example, it doesn't really cover blemishes or red blotchiness around my chin at that time of the month.

The texture and smell takes some getting used to. Before I started using facial oils everyday, I found the oily texture a bit off-putting but it's absorbs pretty quickly. The upside is that it's easier to use my hands = fewer brushes to clean. Just dab on some concealer and I'm ready to run out the door. The lavender smell makes me think of cleaning products but it goes away almost immediately.

Not sure I would buy again, and certainly not on a regular basis, although I like having it around home for days when I don't feel like wearing make-up.

on 1/11/2015 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I have dry combination skin with little or no acne. This product works well for dry skin, just be sure to moisturize your face well before applying this cream, and could be great for oily skin if you add some blotting/translucent powder with it. I don't think its too dewy, it gives you a young and healthy glow' but it's not greasy at all on my dry skin ( hello rimmel bb cream)

If you are like me and love the smell of sunscreen and tea trea oil, you'll love the smell of this. I can't stop smelling it lol I open the bottle just to smell it everyday, and my hubby loves the smell too lol, Its smells very herbal, but everyone interprets scents differently, a lot of people say they hate the smell and that it smells like lavender but I just smell tea tree oil...to each his own I guess.

This is a very versatile product, I think. It works for dry, oily, and normal skin types. Its hydrating enough for winter, but matte and long lasting enough for the summer. Definitely one of my new favourite drug store products!

on 7/17/2014 5:28:00 PM

Decent enough, but not enough to re-purchase. Has an unpleasant old women's perfumy smell to it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Since I love Physician's Formula Organic Wear products I was excited to try out this tinted moisturizer. I found this product to be a little disappointing.

Pros: Decent price for an organic drugstore tinted moisturizer. This line allows me to be picky about what to put on my face without sacrificing paying a utility bill to buy makeup! It's easily blended and builds well if you choose to add layers while still giving a shear, light coverage. This product is great for younger girls with minor issues with their skin.

Cons: I prefer a matte finish in any makeup as I struggle with acne. This has a good amount of coverage for a tinted foundation but definitely leaves a dewy finish. Perfect for young girls who have minimal skin issues. I would suggest a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation for that skin type. For my skin, it did not work well. Even when applying a concealer first it did not mix well for my tones. The color is far from fair. I would expect this tone to be found in a medium shade. It has pink undertones which brought all the redness out on my skin and you could totally tell that I was wearing makeup which I hate. The smell is overwhelming. I'm sure someone will think it has a lovely smell but I did not expect such a strong fragrance from an organic product. Not to mention, the smell lasts for hours which I don't like at all. It does not blend well with a finishing powder. My face looked caked and clumpy in some areas when I tried to set it with a powder.

I would suggest this product for someone who needs minimal coverage who does not have fair skin. I also think this is good for minor sun exposure if you need a little coverage for a small amount of time at the pool. It has lasting power in the heat and SPF 15.

I've tried this product more than once and will not be returning to it.

on 6/11/2013 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I was disappointed with this tinted moisturizer. The coverage is very sheer, so it doesn't cover any red. I don't expect full coverage, but a little more would be nice. The consistency out of the tube if kind of watery, but it blends well and doesn't set too quickly. Once it sets it seems like a layer on your face, like you are obviously wearing something. Some people describe the finish as "dewy". To me, it's more shiny. Very shiny. And it oxidizes to a darker beige tint that stands out pretty badly. It also stinks like lavender (for those of us who do not like lavender) but the scent fades pretty quickly. It seems to last all day unless you rub at it, and my skin feels soft when wearing it, but the lack of coverage and the beige oxidation really killed it for me.

First of all I think this product has great packaging. It is a squeeze tube, allowing you to dispense exactly the amount that you need and meaning that you can easily get just about every last drop out! Secondly I love the consistency and coverage this gives me, and the fact that the colour/coverage is buildable. I also love the dewy, slightly sunkissed look this gives me - very youthful and fresh. Of course the fact that this prodcut is all natural is a MASSIVE bonus. I will definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: I only like to use this underneath my liquid foundation as a sort of primer, because it is too sheer and can go patchy and a little orange.

on 7/15/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wore this tinted moisturizer today, and think it does a pretty good job. It doesn't cover like a foundation, but u can put it on a couple times, and for me it covers enough. I like the "dewy" type finish it has since i'm older and it gives appearance of having younger skin. It has never broke me out (that i know of) and my skin is pretty sensitive to things.

on 11/29/2011 1:41:00 PM

I've been using Everyday Minerals for a while, but I've become dissatisfied with its inability to cover up redness near my jaw and chin and have been on the hunt for a TM that might be able to cover the redness and even my skin tone.

I decided to try this TM because it's one of the most natural ones out there that isn't super-expensive (check the environmental working group SkinDeep database). I have sensitive skin that has reacted to most other TMs I've tried, so I hoped getting something natural would do the trick.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it smells like lavender, which I didn't find completely offensive but could have gone without. The squeeze tube is nice for dispensing product, and I got good coverage with my fingers. I used a moisturizer underneath, and I have to say that this stuff did make my skin look a lot better, and didn't get oily at all over the course of my work day. I really liked the finish, it gave me fresh, even skin without looking like a mask.

Unfortunately, after a few days of using this I broke out. It wasn't as bad as with other products, but a breakout is a breakout, so back it went.

If you don't need full coverage, want an easy-to-use TM, and don't have sensitive skin, this might work for you, and is totally worth the price. It's at least worth a try! I'm just sad it didn't work for me.

I was hesitant to try out this item because of some of the reviews on this site. But I am so glad I bought it because I will just be using this from now on. I have dry skin and so this product worked well with me and my sister in law has really oily skin and she loves this product. I also wanted to emphasize that this item NEEDS TO BE SHAKEN WELL...and you need to gently squeeze the tube to get little by little out of it.

Pros:

- I love that it is in a tube and hygienic (although it would have been better in a pump)
- Hydrating not greasy as some people mentioned.
- 80% organic, no parabens and no GMO's
- Good pigmentation and can be be layered for more coverage.
- Good price for an organic product!
- You get a lot of product

Cons:

Basically none!

on 8/23/2011 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This such a weird product. There are things about it that are really awful and things that are great. First of all, the packaging is hideously ugly - very 80s. Just because something's organic, doesn't mean it shouldn't be stylish and modern. And the product itself has some major issues. The lavender scent is so overpowering it makes me gag when I'm applying it. Why would they think we want our faces to smell like a sachet for our underwear drawer? Luckily the scent does seem to fade fairly quickly. The product stings when I apply it, probably because it has so much alcohol in it. It dries to a shiny finish so I have to powder. This is the lightest shade and it is perfect for me now in August which means it will definitely be too dark in winter. This product got panned by Paula Begoun because apparently lavender is terrible for your skin and alcohol causes your cells to die. I'm bummed because I feel like the amount of coverage is perfect - it totally evens out redness and it doesn't break me out, which is rare. And it wears well - over the course of the day, it doesn't appear to oxidize and the coverage lasts despite wilting heat and major sweating. I hope they reformulate this and ditch the stinky scent and the alcohol. I don't think I'll return it but I won't repurchase it either.