November 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Shampoo - Suave - Professionals Volumizing Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by northerndownpour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I was really surprised by this shampoo. A house guest had left it at my house and couldn't take it back to Canada with her. I have fine, color treated, 2a (sometimes curlier depending on the weather), thin hair. I usually use moisturizing products because my hair is pretty damaged. I expected this shampoo to strip my hair but it didn't! My hair is shiny and bouncy. The matching conditioner made my hair so soft. It's a great product for such a low price. It really exceeded my expectations. I can see myself using this product for years in the future.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by littlelaurita

My hair is wavy and medium-coarse. I tend to end up with the dreaded 'triangle head' if I don't style my hair, so I was looking for something to add some easy oomph at the roots. This does the opposite of what it is should. My roots were greasier & flatter than ever! My ends were very tangled & I had the WORST build-up. I bought it for less than $2 at Walmart, but even that is way more than what this product is worth.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by pinksexyhair

Disappointed :( This left my roots really limp and greasy.. I've used moisturizing shampoo's that give me more volume than this. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by TLord

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have not seen the version of this in the purple bottle, as in the photo that was uploaded. Maybe they have changed the packaging. I have been using the version in the silver container with purple writing. I have fine, long, color treated hair and an oily scalp. I was getting tired of using "sulfate free" shampoos in order to protect the color in my hair, as I can never get my hair/scalp clean when using those. Started looking for a lower sulfate shampoo and noticed that this Suave volumizing had the same type ingredient list/order as their lower sulfate shampoos. I gave it a shot and I really like it. It lathers well, rinses clean, smells nice and doesn't weigh my hair down. It also hasn't dried my hair out or faded my color any more than the sulfate free ones I was using before. It does leave my hair feeling tangly after rinsing, so I always condition with the matching Suave volumizing conditioner (which I think is very good too.) I've been using this shampoo for about two months now, usually every day, and will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by jeanniewalker

Well another shampoo my hair can't handle. I have fine, limp, thin hair. This shampoo was too thick for my hair. It did not give it any volume at all. Even after i blow dried my hair it was flat and lifeless. It got worse through the day. By the time i made it home it looked like it had not been washed. It was flat and greasy. Safe to say i will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AuNatural716

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Smells awesome but this is too drying for my already dry hair, so I quit using it. I find that gel cleansers are best for those with very oily scalps and drying mine out even more sure just makes my hair fall out by the multiples! So sad news, but nonetheless, I did find it volumized a tad and probably does well for people with fine hair and an oily scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by maflovescjm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am a huge Suave fan! I only use Suave products on my hair because they are cheap and work very well, exactly like the commercial says. The smell is amazing and my hair is left smelling great and full and soft. I definetly recommend this product to anyone!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this shampoo, it leaves my roots and scalp feeling clean, yet not dried out. Like most volumizing shampoos, it can be drying on the length, but to counter that I just make sure to use a good salon-brand conditioner. After conditioning I lightly follow it with a detangling solution that I rinse out (I use the Biolage one). I will keep using this shampoo until cold, fall air rolls around again (when I will need a moisturizing shampoo for my scalp).

(My hair: generally healthy and not chemically treated)

Edit: Lowering my review rating - this dried my hair out terribly after further use. Not recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by gorhamd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very surprised by how much I like this shampoo. It's the first Suave shampoo I've tried as I always thought Suave wasn't very good. I am so glad I bought this stuff! It makes my hair so silky and bouncy. It doesn't dry my hair out at all, like most volumizing shampoos do. I actually like that it's a little runny because it makes it easier to evenly distribute it throughout my hair. And it's very easy to rinse out. Most shampoos make my hair all tangly, but this doesn't. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by astebbins06

I have fallen in love with the new Suave shampoos and conditioners. The only problem I've had with this product is that it leaves no volume in my hair.