October 31, 2014 | 854 users online

Skincare - Face - Clean & Clear - Medicated Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by lyssa1196

yeeesss i love it! after a washed my face, it gets that tight feeling. so then i put this on and i immediately felt my skin loosen up. it was very light and non oily which was great! it treated most of the acne on my forehead within 2 days!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

This review is for the Up & Up version of this product (by Target stores: $3.99 vs 5.99 for a 3.5oz bottle.

Whenever I switch to a new SA product, my skin reacts very quickly and successfully to the new concentration. I had been using Clearasil Overnight Lotion with 2% SA and it had cleared up all the bumps along my jaw and eyebrows and hairline, but then I started a new workout regime two weeks ago, and I suddenly started getting breakouts on my cheeks and chin.

I picked up a bottle of this lotion because it was 3.99 and only .5% SA. I needed something I could be generous with in application, and the bottle holds 3.5oz which is twice that of the Clearasil tube (which is also $8.99!). The Up & Up bottle gives a BIG squirt in one pump (more than enough for face, neck and chest) so you might want to press it to 1/3 of the way down to get a smaller pump of product. Less is more. Applying too much doesn't let it absorb all the way and can feel suffocating/greasy.

Anyway, using it immediately after washing face at night cleared up my skin in 3 days, which was great. I have found with this and the Clearasil Lotion that it is best to apply IMMEDIATELY after washing your face before new oil production starts up, or the product will just sit on top of the oil and not do anything/be greasy.

The only problem is the can dry out my eyelids (and I don't apply it there), but it might be from accidentally touching below my brows in my sleep or something, or rubbing off on the pillow.

This stuff DOES stain towels though :( I realized this too late, and even washing your hands does not help. I thought I had solved this problem with Benzoyl Peroxide by applying it with a Qtip but I am not sure how else to apply a lotion besides my fingertips.

I do not like to sweat while wearing this lotion, though, so I don't wear it if I plan on going outside. It makes my skin feel a little like it can't breathe and can get greasy.

Really good purchase; another great Generic from Target. I use their 3.99 Benz Peroxide gel as well, but I am finding that gets thicker and clumpy towards the end of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2007 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

It has 0.5 % BHA. Not greasy and not too dry. It has a nice smell. It makes my skin very soft. It is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by onyxxphoenix

I've been using this product religously since it came out. Sometimes I think I have good skin and try something new, and everytime, I remember that without this moisturizer, I have very sensative skin, oily t-zone and tight everywhere else. I get blackheads from hell and the occassional breakout.
I'm not kidding, people always comment on my porcelin like skin and it's all because of this moisturizer. It really does quench dry spots and at the same time clear any blemishes.
**Added bonus** the amount of salicylic is small enough to not irritate and just enough to ward off fine lines and reduced scars.
The ONLY thing that I could POSSIBLY say I don't like is that if I apply it too thick, I might get a zit sometimes, but it's not because of the ingredients in the lotion, it's just because it doesn't all soak in and i'm assuming things in the air and on my pillow just stick to my face more.
Everyone's skin is different, but if you have combination skin and find combo products still too irritating this is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 12:21:00 AM More reviews by tUrRrRa

I have combo skin and this is my favorite moisturizer. It is a great price and does what it says. It is a light moisturizer that treats pimples and helps control my shine as well. Sometimes I need something a little heavier around my eyes on dry areas, but other than that, I really like this moisturizer. It's gentle and non-irritating as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by bea2ls1982

HG for me.. it makes my skin clearer and adds mositure to my dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2003 7:47:00 AM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not a fan of this either. It *really* dried out my face and it ended up making me break out. It also made my skin feel very tight and after applying it I felt like washing it off. Big thumbs down on this one from me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2002 5:07:00 AM More reviews by curly_q_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was like glue! And it stung!! But I think it did help to clear up my skin...just don't put it on your eyes!!! You'll be washing them out in no time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2002 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JessTooTall

I used this all thru h.s. when my skin was crazy and greasy and it was the best! It gave just enough moisture and wasn't too drying from the medication. Absorbs easy.