July 24, 2014 | 1685 users online

Loose Powders - Fyrinnae - Rice Powder Primer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Made my mmu go on much more powdery. I used just a tiny amount of it (im used to mmu). Afterwards the mmu foundie did not melt into my skin. It is better as a finishing powder, and by using a color corrector in it, you can make it match your skintone.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Dorothy_M

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Based on the great reviews here, I ordered this and then waited a month or more for it. I was warned that there was a long wait so I was not upset. I wear tinted moisturizer as foundation and have for many years. This stuff does not mix well with that. The first time I used it, I had to pretty much scrub and rub my tinted moisturizer on and used a lot more than I normally would. I figured that maybe I applied too much RPP. It did not make my skin look fabulous, poreless or anything else. It helped to hold back the t-zone shine but so does Kryolan Anti-Shine Powder. I have tried using this on the t-zone only, putting it on with my fingers, different kinds of brushes, cotton balls and even rolling a Q-tip in it and rolling that on my face. No matter how thinly I apply it, it feels gritty and grabs at my foundation. If I am not careful, it even makes my foundation streaky which is odd, as it is the same color as my face. I had to apply foundation fast so as not to leave streaks. Needless to say I don't like this but will try it as a lip or eyeshadow primer in the hope that I can get some use and benefit from it. Cannot imagine using this as a powder over makeup. I will continue to use Smashbox Primer when I need a little something extra to smooth my skin prior to makeup. That has done the trick for me for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 7:09:00 PM More reviews by RtiQlitQT

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this only as a mattifying finishing powder. It is a very finely milled white powder that has superior oil-absorbing properties without looking too cakey or ashy or dry, when properly applied. I apply with a blush brush, using the typical mineral makeup techniques, but any large fluffy brush or flocked sponge will do.

I was on the hunt for a cheaper alternative to BE Mineral Veil, and finally tried this. Not only does it work better than Mineral Veil, it is a fraction of the cost! I have normal/oily combination skin and this keeps me looking fresh all day and night without having to blot at all. I would usually have to blot once after 8 hours when using Mineral Veil.

I love Fyrinnae's Superpower Mineral Foundation, too. It's unfortunate that, for the past few months, this small cottage industry has been struggling so much to keep up with demand, but they do put informative advisories on their website. Just keep in mind that you may have to wait awhile and order accordingly.

EDIT 04/04/08: I have found something even better that is even cheaper than Rice Powder! It is called Arrowroot Powder or Maranta arundinacea...please read my reviews of this under the Unlisted Brand.