December 19, 2014 | 1484 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The little round "pots" really are adorable. I really like that the pots are colour coded to match the blush shade inside. The blushes are the baked, dome type of blushes. They are scented, with what Bourjois describes as a "rose" scent. It's likely a love it or hate it thing. You don't notice it once applied and it hasn't irritated my skin at all.

Are these a dupe for the Chanel blushes? I don't think so. First of all the scent is totally different. Although both are baked, I find the formula and texture different. The Chanel blushes are much more pigmented. I sometimes have a difficult time getting colour from the Bourjois blushes. The staying power of both blushes is about the same though. And although the little pots are cute, they are much smaller than most of my blush brushes which can be a little annoying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Not sure if I like it, colour is a gorgeous shimmery goldish pink just that the product is very non pigmented and takes a long time to get any colour .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ksomm

I got mine as a gift, with a bunch of other Bourjois products (which are all great). I love this blush and the best part is it smells great. Considering it's a really rosy pink, I don't find it makes me look like a clown. Will probably try a slightly more bronzey or coral colour when this runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 5:11:00 AM More reviews by melikai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the package, the colour looks rather hideous and like some sort of candy, but once on it looks really lovely and natural! It is very pigmented, as others have said, so I imagine this little pot will last 100 years give or take.
I have very pale, cool-to-neutral toned skin, and this gives the most natural-looking blush, and doesn't merely sit on top of the skin or look too powdery. It smells a bit old-fashioned, but I find it nostalgic of perhaps a former life, rather than off putting.
An added bonus is that the little pot it comes in is so sweet and handy, and snaps shut with the most satisfying little click!
A great value and a very pretty blush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 6:59:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Well in Canada bourjois can only be found in selected shoppers drug mart and they're super expensive compared to the prices in the UK - almost about $19CDN for a very very small blusher. But I really wanted to try them and I'm glad I did.

This is one of my most favourite drugstore blushers for sure. I bought Bourjois blushers in:
33 - Lila's d'or
34 - rose d'or
48 - cendre de rose brune
74- rose ambre
95 - rose de Jaspe

On my NC25-NC30 skin the 34 - rose d'or shows up very well and have amazing pigment. Because a little goes and long way you have to be very light handed when you apply it or else you'll look like a clown. The staying power is so-so about 4-5 hours, but I don't expect much from powder blushers. I find liquid stains stick/stay longer on my skin (ie benefit cha cha). But I love the compact size of this product.

Note - when your blush develops that protective coating / hard surface I read that Clear packing tape removes a layer of the blush. So get a new piece of clear packing tape, then press it down over the full surface of the blush and peel it slowly off.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Alissalouise13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This blush smells delicious! It lasts ages, is pretty cheap and the gold shimmer means it looks great with a tan.

Staying power? Lasts all day on me. The size is perfect for your make up bag too! I don't like the little brush that comes with it, but that's all I don't like!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by weefi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had reviewed this product a while ago and didn't give it the justice it deserves. Sure it needs a top up during the day but this blush is a stunning colour. Makes the skin come alive and is so fresh. Has a glow without being a disco ball. So so good for the price x

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by iNabCake

As you can see the colour is absolutely gorgeous! It blends really well and you can build up the colour. The colour is quite natural if you apply the right amount. This would last me years :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Vadzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of drugstore blushes, and usually don't buy from Bourjois so I was interested to use this blush because of all the great reviews. My biggest disappointment was the pigmentation, this blush hardly shows on my NC42 skin, I have to apply so many layers to even get a wash of colour. Secondly I hate the packaging, the round pot is cute but not practical at all. Maybe this blush isn't suited to my skin tone at all, but I wouldn't rush out to try any more from this line. Save your money and go buy a Sleek blush instead because thats what I will do from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by archielester

I really wanted to love this blush. Although it looks nice when first applied, I found it had no staying-power on my cheeks and within a short space of time, my cheeks looked pale again. I then put more of the product on in layers and still did not last. Disappointed and would not re-purchase.