September 23, 2014 | 1860 users online

Fragrances - Burberry - The Beat [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found The Beat a few days ago by chance. I was at Ulta trying out different perfumes to see if any caught my fancy. In the midst of spraying 70 different scents on those paper thingys and on my small areas of my arms, I accidentally sprayed this on my fingers. I ended up leaving the store without buying anything which is typically my MO. Throughout the day, I kept getting a whiff of my fingers and finally (!) figured out which perfume it was - The Beat! Instead of going back to Ulta and paying retail, I headed over to Marshalls where I remembered seeing a bottle for $24. Sure enough, there was a bottle tucked away in the men's cologne section. I was a bit confused at first and afraid that the box I chose was actually cologne, but a quick Google check confirmed that the white box (that does not say "For Men" on the front) is for women. The box for the men's version is very similar to the female version which I assume is why both Marshalls stores I went to are placing in this in the cologne section.

Anyhow, I bought a 1 oz. bottle of The Beat and I adore it. It's very clean and simple but also warm and far from boring or generic. I've worn a few Burberry perfumes in the past (namely Burberry Classic and Touch) and they all seem to have the same common scent. They don't all smell the same mind you, but there's a distinct scent in each one that I've only ever noticed in perfumes by Burberry which makes them easily identifiable to me. I don't know if it's because I equate Burberry with trench coats and wellies but I feel that each scent from them lends itself better to the cooler months of the year rather than summer or spring. As such, I will likely wear this when the weather is cooler but it can definitely be worn in warmer months.

The bottle itself is cute. It looks like a mini flask with a tassel and, of course, has the signature Burberry plaid design on the box and the bottle. For me, this is a nice, clean scent that I can see myself wearing for years to come. Unfortunately, it is apparently discontinued which is a shame as The Beat is one of the best perfumes Burberry has released. Hopefully I can find a few more bottles at Marshalls in the near future.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by babypinky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe Burberry discontinued it. The Beat is a very clean perfume, warm and cozy, a perfume that is created to wear for office. You feel very comfortable with it because it does not carry overwhelming or strange notes, I mean it's not a polarizing perfume. I need to stock more :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this scent. Heard it was DC'd, but I don't think so. Fortunately, Macys still carries this. It's delightfully sophisticated, yet not heavy, has a beautiful dry-down and lasts all day. I think anyone can wear this scent..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

!0 lippies for this product!This is one of my favorite perfumes! I love this perfume. It is hard to find. I tire of wearing it. Next to Armani Code, this is my favorite! It is light and fresh and not so over powering!A beautiful scent! I would buy this again if I could find it!:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by faeriesmak2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this perfume. It is wonderful and fresh and unique. I bought a bottle when it first came out and just ran out. When I was browsing around I found out that it is has been DISCONTINUED by Burberry! Ack! I was horrified and quick ordered another one before you can't find them anywhere! So..if you love this as much as I do..stock up!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This gave me little bumps everywhere that I put it and i am normally not that sensitive to cosmetics, I think that this is the first time I have ever gotten a rash from one. Besides that I didnt really like the smell, I got it for free, I wouldnt have bought it on my own.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 4:19:00 AM More reviews by poppyseed0054

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Another beautiful fresh scent. I love this in summer as I don't find it sweet and overpowering. Very feminine still!!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by stls

I find this kind of mediocre. Has a more unisex feel to it than I'd like. I mostly detect tea and mandarin, but the dry down is a bit more musky. Silage and longevity are medium

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by snoopydood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE THIS PERFUME. my favorite perfume ever :) its just pure luxury to me and it sticks to me all day <3
    and to think i didnt like it when i first got it ahhh

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if my nose is going crazy, but does the Eau de Parfum and the Eau de Toilette smell different to anyone else? I purchased the Eau de Toilette and I am in love with it. Smells very sensual, definitely a head turning scent.