August 1, 2014 | 1058 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Cristalline

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:31:00 AM More reviews by alexandraxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wouldn't buy Chanel cristalline powder again, as you get the same results with much much less expensive powders.
I could say it's a very good product, but for the price (10gr ca. 50euros in Germany) I think it's just average.
It's super light, it's translucent (one color for all skin tones), very good, subtle, natural coverage, good oil control, doesn't dry out my skin.
But, as I said above, you get the same effect with most powders. So, if you can afford it, why not, otherwise it's really not necessary to shell out such amount of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by duncansmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use Chanel's Pourdre Cristalline in Translucent, and it was discontinued, so the woman at the counter encouraged me to try Natural finish Loose Powder. Oh. My. Goodness. I look like a fairy has landed on my face. It is all twinkly and glittery! Waaaaay too glittery. Heading back to the store to get rid of this right now. Perhaps if one were young and out at night and wanted to glitter it would be fine, but seriously daft if you put it on the morning and want to look natural at the store or grocery! big disappointment

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hancid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When purchasing this product I was promised that it would create a beautiful glow to my skin and enhance the look and lasting power of my foundation; Well unfortunately it seems that the functionality of this product is entirely based on what you use beneath it. I find that it only works beautifully with certain foundations, and can look absolutely horrible with others. For instance, if I use a very dewy foundation such as the Stila illuminating foundation then the Chanel powder will create that highly sought-after gorgeous halo glow; however if I use it with a more matte product such as the Benefit Some-kind-a-gorgeous foundation it tends to make my skin look incredibly flat, patchy and dry...so that is something to beware of maybe! I find that also its lasting power is incredibly weak and disappointing, maybe giving me a few hours of extra wear if the weather is good. Considering the price (80$ with tax in Canada!) and the fact that it can only be expected to look decent with certain products and also its weak lasting power, I would never re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tinklebell7

It's matte but..... glowy??? Huh???
This product honestly confuses me every time I use it. I am SO SO disappointed that it's being discontinued! I've stocked up but I know I will eventually run out and that just makes me SO sad! It's my HG powder! I use La Prairie Skin Caviar Foundation & Concealer which requires no powdering, but it's a slightly dewy foundation, so if for whatever reason I want a matte finish, this is what I turn to. I really do hate the ultra-matte look. It looks dull and lifeless. This, however, mattifies your skin, but as I said, still maintains a glow. So it's not dewy at all, but you've still got life to your skin!
I don't understand the reviews that say it leaves whitish or greyish splotches - it's completely translucent! I have used this on several people (though it kills me, because I know I will eventually run out haha!) and it's the same on all of them! Totally translucent, matte finish!
Only con I can think of is that it's being discontinued! WHY, CHANEL?! WHY!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by xxhoneyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

completely matifies my skin!
just recently brought it with the chanal pro lumiere which i thought looked a little too dewy on my combination skin after seeing its effects i think i'll just keep it on my tzone leave my cheeks with a little shine, but this makes my face feel so soft, not heavy at all.
price puts me off repurchasing though 37 for 10g!! hope it lasts a veryyy long time...!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Clittzen

I have gone through tons of different types of powders, and this is my all time favorite. It is light, sheer, and it looks beautiful. I get a very natural finish which is difficult for me since I have combination skin with very oily t-zones. I use it once in the morning to set my face, and then I use it in the afternoon to fix any oilyness. It goes great with natural makeup, and even heavier night make-up when needed.

I will say I hate the fact that it is over 50 dollars for a tub of it, but then I will add it is a huge amount of powder (a great powder as well), that lasts forever. I bought my last one in January 2010, and it's still going... but slowly coming to it's end. I would definitely buy again and spend the money for the quality and how long it lasts instead of spending 25 - 35 dollars on a tub that lasts 2 - 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by CocoG10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG powder :-) I was wary of trying it to begin with as it's white and I'm pale enough as it is, but I needn't have been concerned. It sinks in to my skin, leaving it matte but with a halo effect. My skin looks glowing and healthy.
The powder puff is luxurious and soft, and is washable. I tip the pot upside down and then pat the puff gently across areas that are prone to shine. I tend to put a bit more on the tops of my cheekbones and brow bones, as a kind of suble highlighter.
The shimmer doesn't accentuate any enlarged pores or fine lines. If anything, it makes them less noticable as it blurs the light and gives the impression my skin is flawless (I wish!)
It's completely worth the price tag as a little goes a long way and it lasts for a fairly long time. I've just had to replace mine after 4 1/2 months.
I hope to God they don't dc this (as they're so fond of doing) as I haven't found another powder to match it (Poudre Universelle is good but out of the two, I prefer this one lol).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite powder now. I love the poof except that it delivers a bit too much product. The powder is the most finely milled I have ever experienced. It did not accentuate the pores as it did not settle into them. My skin looked luminous and brighter, dewy and pretty. I am trying to use up all my other stuff before I use this on a regular basis. The scent is fine. I had no allergic reactions and it did not irritate my skin whatsoever. HIghly recommended. I use Guerlain Mythic Pearls as my highlighter with this and a pink toned blush and silvery type lip gloss over whatever lipstick.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by alexRowan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this as it cost me a fortune, but it left my skin dull and lifeless - not bright at all! I didn't use it with the puff, and as I need to apply powder to my whole face to keep my makeup falling off I was left looking white and pale. Disappointed

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Maganda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It works perfectly on my dark skin, very fine!