November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Pressed Powders - TheBalm - Sexy Mama

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had this a while and haven't been able to part with it because the packaging, like all theBalm packaging, is just so cute! But this translucent touch-up powder is not working for me. Far from being translucent, it is quite dark and yellow-toned once applied, and it tended to oxidize and darken on me as the day went on and go a bit orangey. As a stylish, portable compact I give it an "A" but I give the powder inside "F". It's also pricey at $26.00 CAD.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this stuff. I love the packaging and I think the price is reasonable. I carry it with me during the day and it is my touch-up powder with a mini kabuki brush. It doesn't oxidise on me, and doesn't appear to build up on my skin or look cakey. It just takes away the shine and makes my skin appear a little better! I will definitely repurchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because of the genius packaging...
I use it as a setting powder after my liquid foundation. I use it under my eyes too.
It is a good powder but it does not last all day. It stays 4-5 hours in my combination/dry skin. It is a decent product but a bit pricey.
I will not buy it again because i want to try other setting powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

I bought this a few weeks ago in a package with the Bahama mama and hot mama for only 38.50! This powder really does keep your skin matte for a long time! The packaging is adorable and I like that it has a magnetized lid! After wearing this for a few days straight, I noticed a few more breakouts than normal... so I stopped wearing this and they cleared up. I was so upset to find out that this powder breaks me out, and apparently it happens to quite a few other people!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by ad0

Here I go again.

I love TheBalm, I have NEVER been disappointed with their products.

This does what it does, it's a translucent anti-shine powder. I use it as setting powder after I've put on my liquid or cream foundation.
As always, it last's all day so I don't need to touch up throughout the day and that's a winning because I have combination skin and normally throughout the day my face is loaded with so much oil I can reflect light off my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by at77339

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know how to rate this powder. The oil control is good but it's oxidized on me, turned me into one of those oompah loompah within 15 min. I've been using tonymoly bcdation and wanted something to help with my shiny nose toward the end of the day, so after reading all the reviews I picked one up but :( I will give it another try when the weather is cooler to see if the weather is the cause because I never had makeup oxidize on me before. Weird!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by vivthai

This is truly an amazing product! I expected it to be ok but it is even better. it keeps me matte and does not look like I'm wearing anything. This is a nice product with A+ packaging. Its more like a setting powder over your bb cream/foundation/tm or concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great setting powder for every day without adding additional coverage (resulting in cake face). It's decent for oil control. The small rectangle shape of the pan is a pest getting a powder brush in it, would be better in a larger round pan (ie size of Mary lou) but it's all good I can overlook that

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

This is my favorite blot powder!!! Its almost comparable to the MAC PRESSED BLOTTING POWDER but I have to admit TheBalm has a dryer/chalkier finish. I use this as a eyelid primer/base.I have somewhat oily eyelids so I use this before my eye shadow and my eye shadow stays there the entire day. I experience no creasing/fading whatsoever! Those with oily lids should give this a try as a eye shadow primer/base and I promise you your shadow will last the entire day! I have not used this powder on my face yet so I cannot really comment on that. But if this is able to work amazingly on OILY lids, what's more left to say? One compact can last me months despite using it every single day. I highly recommend you guys to give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was totally caught off guard by this brand to begin with.. I never in a million years thought that a company that invested this much time into cute & gimmicky packaging would turn out to be amazing! And it is seriously amazing!! This is one of my favorite products from the line. I use it to set my under-eye concealer and sometimes my whole face. It's a great translucent powder, that just has a hint of "off white or beige" to it. When applied to darker skin tones, I don't think it shows up unless u use a lot of it, but I'm not super sure. That's what I've heard.

I love the packaging! I love all of the cute risky names & pinup beauties on the covers. I also love that this is in a cardboard package & not some cheap bulky plastic package. It's small & slim, so it's great for storing or ur purse. I will continue to repurchase this & highly recommend it!!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No