TheBalm Sexy Mama

4.3

mica, boron nitride, polyethylene (and) PTFE, zea mays (Corn) starch, silica, isoeicosane, zinc stearate, styrene/DVB copolymer, polyisobutene, dimethylimidinone rice starch, iron oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) powder, sodium dehydroacetate, dimethicone.

on 12/1/2014 5:19:00 AM

I don't usually use powder on my skin because because I thought heavy coverage would be bad for my dry, sensitive and clogging-prone skin, which is why I used to just put on some BB cream and head out for the day. Now I realize it's just my irrational fear from buying bad products, because a fantastic powder like this does exist!

When my skin started clearing up and I transitioned into liquid foundation to achieve a flawless look, I bought a Maybelline 2-way cake to set the foundation which was a big regret for me. I have not touched it since I got Sexy Mama. Admittedly I bought Sexy Mama on a whim because the packaging looked so cute and it was on sale, but lo and behold! It keeps my face matte and perfect and lasts for more than 6 hours without making me look caky or flaky. A good powder is absolutely essential, just a good liquid foundation is not enough for that airbrushed finish.

I took one lippie off because I remember the powder being very smooth finely milled when I swatched it in the store but the surface of the compact has somehow turned rough on me and cardboard packaging always seems a little cheap even though it is compact and travel-friendly. Thankfully the powder still functions perfectly after months of daily use and I will definitely repurchase!

I have had this a while and haven't been able to part with it because the packaging, like all theBalm packaging, is just so cute! But this translucent touch-up powder is not working for me. Far from being translucent, it is quite dark and yellow-toned once applied, and it tended to oxidize and darken on me as the day went on and go a bit orangey. As a stylish, portable compact I give it an "A" but I give the powder inside "F". It's also pricey at $26.00 CAD.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this stuff. I love the packaging and I think the price is reasonable. I carry it with me during the day and it is my touch-up powder with a mini kabuki brush. It doesn't oxidise on me, and doesn't appear to build up on my skin or look cakey. It just takes away the shine and makes my skin appear a little better! I will definitely repurchase this.

on 7/28/2014 12:44:00 PM

I bought this product because of the genius packaging...
I use it as a setting powder after my liquid foundation. I use it under my eyes too.
It is a good powder but it does not last all day. It stays 4-5 hours in my combination/dry skin. It is a decent product but a bit pricey.
I will not buy it again because i want to try other setting powders.

on 6/20/2014 10:21:00 PM

I bought this a few weeks ago in a package with the Bahama mama and hot mama for only 38.50! This powder really does keep your skin matte for a long time! The packaging is adorable and I like that it has a magnetized lid! After wearing this for a few days straight, I noticed a few more breakouts than normal... so I stopped wearing this and they cleared up. I was so upset to find out that this powder breaks me out, and apparently it happens to quite a few other people!

on 6/19/2014 4:33:00 AM

Here I go again.

I love TheBalm, I have NEVER been disappointed with their products.

This does what it does, it's a translucent anti-shine powder. I use it as setting powder after I've put on my liquid or cream foundation.
As always, it last's all day so I don't need to touch up throughout the day and that's a winning because I have combination skin and normally throughout the day my face is loaded with so much oil I can reflect light off my face.

on 6/11/2014 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know how to rate this powder. The oil control is good but it's oxidized on me, turned me into one of those oompah loompah within 15 min. I've been using tonymoly bcdation and wanted something to help with my shiny nose toward the end of the day, so after reading all the reviews I picked one up but :( I will give it another try when the weather is cooler to see if the weather is the cause because I never had makeup oxidize on me before. Weird!!!!!!

on 5/24/2014 12:47:00 PM

This is truly an amazing product! I expected it to be ok but it is even better. it keeps me matte and does not look like I'm wearing anything. This is a nice product with A+ packaging. Its more like a setting powder over your bb cream/foundation/tm or concealer.

on 5/21/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a great setting powder for every day without adding additional coverage (resulting in cake face). It's decent for oil control. The small rectangle shape of the pan is a pest getting a powder brush in it, would be better in a larger round pan (ie size of Mary lou) but it's all good I can overlook that

This is my favorite blot powder!!! Its almost comparable to the MAC PRESSED BLOTTING POWDER but I have to admit TheBalm has a dryer/chalkier finish. I use this as a eyelid primer/base.I have somewhat oily eyelids so I use this before my eye shadow and my eye shadow stays there the entire day. I experience no creasing/fading whatsoever! Those with oily lids should give this a try as a eye shadow primer/base and I promise you your shadow will last the entire day! I have not used this powder on my face yet so I cannot really comment on that. But if this is able to work amazingly on OILY lids, what's more left to say? One compact can last me months despite using it every single day. I highly recommend you guys to give this a try!

Recommended for Normal Skin