October 21, 2014 | 912 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vitesse - Thermal Water Eye Make-up Remover

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I sort of feel like I may be the only person on Earth that uses this -- I even googled it and nothing came up. On a somewhat desperate lark, I purchased this from CVS to be used for quick and dirty eye makeup removal, as coconut / jojoba oil require a time commitment that is impractical if I'm trying to quickly change my eye. I didn't want anything oil-based (reference quick-change intent) and this was the only game in town. I'm fairly certain that it's the crack of the eye make-up removal world, as I fear the ingredient list is a complete abomination -- it's a paraben family reunion, with methyl-, ethyl- and propyl- in attendance, along with butyl- and her new baby, isobutyl-. There's castor oil that they've gone through the trouble of hydrogenating, not to mention alcohol. Oh, and if you at any point develop a roach problem, you can squirt this around the perimeter of your place, as boric acid figures prominently in the top half of the chemical list. I'm just waiting for my eyeballs to fall out of my head -- or to jump out and run off screaming to calmer sockets. If and when they do this, the holes they leave behind will be sqeaky clean because it removes eye make-up like nobody's business! It claims to have the same Ph as tears, and is apparently opthamologist tested with contact lens wearers. I can attest to the fact that it doesn't sting, nor does it cause blurring or leave an oily residue. Truly, it's perfect for what I wanted it for, but I wouldn't make this my primary remover because, frankly, I'm almost certain that it could strip paint and that's just not the kind of thing I think one should regularly be smearing around one's eyeballs.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No