Maybelline Expert Line Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof

3.6

on 3/15/2012 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Product works great and really makes the eyes pop when doing a winged eye look!

on 1/5/2010 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

A hand me down from my sister. It's perfect for everyday use. When you don't want to waste your expensive liquid liner just to go to school and meet your everyday students.

on 11/19/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was the first eyeliner I bought. I wasn't good at drawing a straight line yet, so at that time I thought it was because of my inability to use an eyeliner properly. So it had been sitting in my make-up stash ever since. I decided to give it a chance some time ago, only to understand that it wasn't my fault, but this eyeliner is totally useless. It's so watery, not pigmented at all, easily chips off. If you try to go over the line that you've drawn, the brush will wipe off that line. The packaging is good but I wish the product inside was good as well. I wouldn't take this even if they gave it away for free.

on 1/23/2009 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

It's easy to use and the color is nice but it's looks and feels like a latex polymer after it dries. Plastic-like. After a while, it's flaking off.

on 1/23/2009 12:41:00 PM

The only thing this product has going for it is the brush. Makes applying liquid eyeliner easy. The makeup itself will look nice just after application, however given a few minutes you'll notice the 'layer' of ultra thin plastic resting above your lashes. It even has a subtle shine to it. After a few hours you may begin to notice the first signs of it peeling off the skin. Usually starts in the corner near the tear ducts. Flake by Flake this stuff comes off and leaves you looking rather weird. But hey, it's cheap make up and that's exactly what you'll look like you're using - cheap make up.

This product has been around for a very long time, but it was only in the past 7-10 years that they changed their formula. Prior to that, it was THE best anywhere. I have written them several times regarding this complaint and I get no reply.

Since the brush is the best one i've used, I buy L'Oreals brush eyeliner but use the brush from this product. They fit and screw on nicely. Shake/pull out/wipe the stick above the brush with your finger and apply. I also like Sephora's waterproof artist liner, but what I've noticed is that the brush in that product begins to get brittle and breaks. So I've used the brush to this product and found that it begins to make this brush brittle as well. I wonder what is in there to make it do that? Scary.

Thus, the only reason I buy this product is for the brush. The rest is trash.

on 8/3/2008 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i've used this liner for years...and I'd tried other brands...but this one doesn't smudge as much...and it dries fast. The tip is good and easy to control, glides on well =)

on 5/28/2008 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only liquid liner that works for me. It stays on and it does not irritate my eyes. The best thing about it is that is easy to apply. I hate brushes for liquid liners. They go all over your eyes, except where you want them to. This indeed does a great job in defining a narrow or thin line where intended. It is waterproof which is a huge plus for my watery eyes.

on 3/21/2008 3:59:00 PM

This is one of my favorite liquid eyeliners. It doesn't fade and lasts through rain and sweat. If I compare this to a liquid eyeliner by Avon, this beats it because the color stays bold all day. Avon may last longer, but the color fades. This and Revlon liquid eyeliner are my two favorites. I prefer the brush tip rather than the felt tip because I can achieve thinner lines...you just have to have a steady hand :)

on 1/31/2008 9:06:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner in Japan and can't figure out what it might be called in other countries, or if this might even be a Japan-only product. It's a waterproof liquid liner with a brush, in a gray tube and black handle. I noticed that it had good reviews in the Japanese magazine Koakuma Ageha so I decided to give it a shot. And I'm completely satisfied. Although I'd been using felt-tip eyeliners for years and was expecting difficulty switching to a brush, the brush on this one has been easy to handle. It's really waterproof and stayed put even when I cried, but comes off easily with my usual makeup remover. The price is great and it works, so I'll definitely repurchase.