December 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Toners - Palmer's - Skin Success Eventone Exfoliating Toner (with BHA and Tea Tree oil)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by shpgrl1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've owned this for about a year, but just 2 weeks ago began using it. Forgot I had purchased it. I had been reading up on BHA's while trying to find something to even out my skin tone and reduce my pores and never realized this toner contained BHA. So I was quite pleased I didn't have to go searching for a new product.

BHA is supposed to be an exfoliator. I am used to using the grain type exfoliators, so expected the same results from a BHA. However, I was quite surprised when I got better results using this. It could be the combination of ingredients because it does include tea tree and salicylic acid. So maybe one of those is helping it to make my skin look so vibrant.

I took off one lippie because of the smell. Way too strong and it seems to never go away even after a couple of hours. It too perfumey and I prefer natural smells. Would actually prefer it to smell more like tea tree than perfume.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by mouldycupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this toner, I picked it up at Priceline for cheap ($AU11ish for a decent sized bottle).

I haven't used any of Palmer's other skin care products before, but this has been doing a top notch job at controlling breakouts and it has faded the redness from acne scars ever so slightly, which is a bonus :)

It is pretty darn strong and heavily perfumed though, so I wouldn't recommend for sensitive skin. I use it only at night after cleansing and only on my break-out prone areas.

Fingers crossed it keeps up the good work! I'm keen to check out the rest of the range.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 10:57:00 PM More reviews by fqari84

Love this toner! Makes my face feel super clean! I get the occasional hormonal zits and this is the perfect toner that helps dry them up quick (it contains tea tree oil) and at that same time helps to prevent scarring and also fades pigmented acne scars alot faster due to the BHA's exfoliating properties. Comes in a large bottle that lasts quite a while, and is a must have for those with acne-prone oily/combination skin. This is an absolute must on my beauty shelf especially for bad skin days, my sister has acne-prone skin and she swears by this toner...this might be abit harsh for daily use if your skin is on the dry side and not particularly acne-prone.
EDIT: This product is just so goshdarn hard to find...took off one lippie because while I love it on problem skin days, it really dries me out on clear skin days...I still highly recommend this product for those with acne prone skin or those who (like me) have problem skin on occasion (this product will last you ages since you won't be using it daily), it's cheap, comes in a huge bottle and works better than other drugstore toners when it comes to clearing out clogged pores and acne.