October 25, 2014 | 1726 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - The Miss Sixty Girl

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a really good deal on the Too Faced The Miss Sixty Girl on eBay, placed a bid and couldn't believe nobody outbid me, got a never used kit incredibly cheap when I was really just after that .17 oz Shadow insurance and the poreless primer the seller had thrown in.
I did NOT think that I could do anything with this palette except either re-gift it or swap it. but then I got to looking at the colours in the eye shadow and thought, at that price, I could give it a try.

The little applicator that came with the set is pretty much useless so I used my own. I put the Too Faced Shadow Insurance on my lids first or I am sure that this would have been a total wash out.

The pink shadow is lovely on the lid and as a highlighter. I used it as such, on the lid and up to the browbone on the inside. I used the lovely chiffon yellow swept out from mid browbone out to the outside of the eye. I then used the blue in the crease, blended down into the outside corner of the lid and under the eye.

Now, the colours are not highly pigmented. The blue really pops on my green eyes if I wet the applicator a little before blending it into the crease, onto my lower outside lid and under the eye. Otherwise it may apply well but looks a litle chalky. But, once applied damp, I really liked the effect, even hours later.

I finished the eye look by using the blacker eyeliner lighly smudged over the top of my eyes and vey little on the outer corners of my lower lashes, carrying the blue colour all the way across the lower lashes.

I have really light skin so the pink blush included with the kit actually worked for me since I am now winter white. I put it on over my usual routine of moisturizer, MISSHA M BB Boomer and Sin79 Triple Functions Vital (Orange Container) BB Cream. It gave a nice slight but actually natural looking glow.

Now for the lip glosses. As the previous reviewer noted, not very usable unless one applies over another lipstick. Very high gloss, high shine, look as if they came out of a 12 year olds make-up kit (had to agree with her there). The only really usable one that I found was the one in the right lower corner, it has wine coloured pigmentation and is quite usable. I put on Two Face Lip Insurance under it for better wearability.

So, I can use the Pink and Yellow Eyeshadows as highlighters (really can't figure out anything to do with the white, makes me look dead), and the Blue in the crease and on outer lids and under my eye (dampened applicator, colour really makes my green eyes pop). I use the black eyeliner lightly over the top of my eyes. I can use the pink blush because I have really white skintone. And I find the Wine coloured lip gloss on the lower right pigmented enough to use on its own.

Overall, given that I didn't pay full retail, I could recommend The Miss Sixty Girl Palette to any fair skinned woman looking for a light, romantic (colours similiar to that carried in the Romantic Eyes Palette) look. It's a good deal and the slim palette easily fits in your purse. Plus the little mirror is sufficient for at least checking your make-up.

So, 4 lippies. Get this if you can find a good deal for it on evil-bay or Amazon.com

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of Too Faced's Quickies, so I felt confident enough to take the plunge and get this despite there being no MUA reviews (yes, I should have known better).
The eyshadows are in a quad, which should have been my first warning (Too Faced do a great job of quads in their Candy Bars but the quad in The Sure Thing was a disaster). Not much pigment to them, the white, lemon and pink work best swirled together as a wash. The denim shade, although not very pigmented works nicely in the crease with this. The texture of these is quite chalky compared to the usual TF quality.
My favourite part of the palette would be the 2 eyeliners - there's a shimmery dark grey and a matte black. I mix the 2 together and it works nicely for either tightlining, or used wet with a brush for a more dramatic look.
Overall the effect with the eyes is quite nice, but there's something about it which feels a little 80s to me.
The blush (a slightly shimmery nude pink) is quite pale, so it's really best as a highlighter or to give you an all over glow. Despite this, it's still very pretty.
The 4 lip glosses (ranging from a glittery nude through to a soft, medium and bright pink) are all quite glittery or shimmery, so it's best to use these as a gloss over a matte lip colour otherwise you'll look like you've dipped into a 12-year-old's makeup kit.
The packaging is slightly different to the normal Quickies in that there is a flimsy 'pocket' on the cover which holds a small mirror (why they just couldn't put a mirror in the inside cover, I don't know), which is too small to be good for anything except plucking nosehair. Because there are more pans in this palette it doesn't come with a lip brush (it just has the dual end e/s wand).
It's a collaboration with Miss Sixty, so it's more of a 'junior' look than I would normally expect from their QCs which tend to be a more sophisticated look.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No