Dr. Bronner's Dr. Bronners & Sun Dogs Magic Body Lotion - All Scents

3.3

Not tested on animals

aqua, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, ethanol, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, cannabis sativa seed oil, quillaja saponaria extract, xanthan gum, tocopherol, lavandula angustifolio (lavender) oil

on 4/12/2014 4:04:00 AM

I switched to natural skincare and had really high hopes for this product as I really like the soaps from this line. Unfortunately this lotion has so much alcohol in it that it made my skin drier than before. It smells nice and I like the coconut oil bit of it, but It's just not moisturising enough. Acure Organics lotions though are amazing, so if you have super dry skin like me, try these!

on 1/10/2013 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Great for a summer lotion, however, not nearly thick enough for the winter. My boyfriend has super sensitive skin, and this is one lotion he does actually put on! Lightweight formula dries fairly quickly, and the oils actually penetrate the skin, which is nice! I got the lavender coconut smell, and I enjoy it.

on 12/26/2012 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got the lavender and coconut lotion. My skin isn't particularly dry, I just wanted a natural moisturiser to use during winter. I was disappointed in this lotion as it wasn't moisturising at all. I'd rub it in and I could almost feel the alcohol in the lotion evaporating off my skin. My skin wasn't moisturised. The smell was really nice though. I used it all up, but I won't repurchase.

on 12/6/2012 4:11:00 AM

I have the hand and body lotion in Patchouli Lime. Kind of a weird combination, but it works, and the scent really doesn't linger. As everyone has said, this is not ultra moisturizing or very thick. It goes on runny, and sits on the skin a bit longer than I'd like, but does sink in. It does moisturize a little..I would say it would work the best in the summer, or if your skin can't tolerate a heavy body butter or cream. I like the company and the ingredients, so I will use mine up.

on 12/28/2010 2:02:00 PM

The peppermint version of this lotion is cooling, just like the famous Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap, although not as much. The minty scent is also less sinus opening, but is soft and minty like opening a box of peppermint leaf tea. Doesn't linger very long. Everytime I use it, my toddler starts begging for Tic-Tacs.

The texture of the lotion is unusual, as others have mentioned. It is runny and slippery and stays that way while you are rubbing it in, then magically the extra moisture evaporates. It is smoothing and softening, but not smothering like the silicone based lotions on the market. In summertime, this is wonderful. Nice in the winter too if you get dressed right away afterward.

I love Dr. Bronners as a brand, and this lotion is a nice addition. I only wish that it came in an unscented version.

I have used this on my face, which was fine. Main ingredients on the lotion are oils--coconut and jojoba (along with avocado and hemp) which a lot of people use on their face anyway, with success.

The con, though, is that it stings on freshly shaved legs.

on 11/6/2010 11:09:00 AM

This lotion is very thin and runny. It's definitely not going to do much for very dry skin. It's mostly oils, which don't moisturize as well as aloe vera and vitamin e. It's perfect for a light summertime lotion. I bought it to use on my legs and arms after showering. I might try it on my face, as someone below me suggested. I love the smell, reminds me of Aveda products.
Update: The lotion seemed so runny and not very moisturizing, so I checked the ingredients, and it contains isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). It's included as a preservative, but this is definitely not an ingredient I want in a lotion. I will not repurchase.

on 1/30/2010 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I absolutely love this lotion, it's super moisturizing!!! I have really dry hands, so bad that I develop rashes, this lotion definitely helps! I put it on at night and it's still on my hands in the morning which is amazing! It does have a weird consistency when you first put it on and just kind of have to let it dry and then it's fine! I have the lavender scent which I love and it's perfect for nigh time!!!

I have this in the lavender coconut scent. I am not crazy about the smell but it is light and doesn't stick around. The texture of this lotion is runny and thin, which I do not like. I need a thick, very moisturizing body lotion, and this isn't it. It absorbs fairly well, but it just doesn't do a lot to keep me moisturized.

on 2/10/2009 3:03:00 PM

I really like these lotions. I have tried many scent and love them all.
The texture is light but a little oily at first ( it does contain oil after all...) It is quickly absorbed and i found it moisturized extremely well for a body lotion.
Most important , the ingredients are all natural.

on 7/8/2008 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have dry skin and this lotion did not help it. The lotion is very thin & slippery. It glides on easily but didn't really moisturize my skin. I hate the scent of Coconut/lavendar. If you're skin is not that dry, maybe this would help you.

Top Rated Dr. Bronner's Products